IGNORED

The Official Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread

30 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fulham away. I always think of a game at Craven Cottage, must have been the 75/6 promotion season.

The police had it in for City fans that day, apparently after trouble at a pre season game at Stamford Bridge iirc.

All through the game they were grabbing City fans and arresting or chucking them out for no reason. Not sure how many were charged but seem to remember a figure of over 80 being thrown out, and the EP being full of complaints from City fans on the Monday.

Pretty sure we won 2-1 but my other memory of the day was being near the local tube station at 10.30am - I'd stayed in London over night - and hearing the huge roar of 'BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSTOLLLLL' from inside as the first large mob of City fans arrived.

They can't have been our fans because we only call ourselves ' Bristol City ' . :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

iirc (IIRC) ?.... 

(guessing it means 'If I Recall Correctly' ?? ..... probably something completely different or obvious - I aint that up with internet/text abbreviations... roflmfao! )

You've got it in one, Whap.

The match was 40 years ago, and I was only a very long haired youth, so it's a near miracle I 'recall' it at all.

Take your point though. Not a fan of abbreviations and sometimes left mystified myself, but IIRC does seem to be a particularly oft used and well known one.

Well, to us 'with it' youngsters under 60 anyway.;)

22 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You've got it in one, Whap.

The match was 40 years ago, and I was only a very long haired youth, so it's a near miracle I 'recall' it at all.

Take your point though. Not a fan of abbreviations and sometimes left mystified myself, but IIRC does seem to be a particularly oft used and well known one.

Well, to us 'with it' youngsters under 60 anyway.;)

IIRC, it's been used for at least ten years ;)

Even before bringing in a few players this week given Fulhams goal scoring exploits it was going to be a tough game . I really hope McCormack doesn't have a game like that Cardiff thrashing.....

So I'd be happy with a point I know it would be huge for us to win this game but it's going be a tough game. Just a case of scoring as many as them today and we may get something!