IGNORED

The Official Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Snap I was in there to, still got the prog as well. :thumbsup:

....I've still got my bus vticket from the journey home on the 'number 9' bus that day...

(Ok, thats a lie, ... but I remember the happy trip home  :) )

I was probably carrying a red and white wooden rattle and may have been wearing a 'rosette' from one of the sellers who flogged 'em from board displays on sticks near the entrance to the Gate. 

Meanwhile...back to life back to reality today, HT.. 1 nil down ..so far its been shite! :( 

Have to be fair and say we sounded very much second best all that half. No flow what so ever.

Only good news is it is just the one. Is it only two weeks ago we won at Forest? Thought in truth that was pretty much it. One goal for Rotherham and we are in the bottom three.

Hoping for a better second half!

No bite in our midfield, well whatever midfield we apparently have. They keep getting behind our defence. They aren't nothing special we are just poor. For a while now we win the first header but just head it anywhere, unlike other teams who hear it to their own players. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Which is probably why cotts wouldn't change anything and kept doing the same thing over and over again 

You have to integrate it gradually though, too much at once and there's too much confusion. Like you say, it's not rocket science but the margins are fine and too much to remember all at once in a high pressure environment like a football match can create a negative effect. 

I do also think Cotterill used to overcomplicate things and get players to do very specific things in situations which were unnatural for the players ie. Packs cross field passes. 

I haven't got an agenda against LJ, want him to do well. Just something that had come to mind after listening to a lot of his interviews recently. 

Very poor I'm sorry to say. Created nothing since they scored. They look dangerous on the break. We look ponderous. Dare I say clueless? Such a shame. Immense support being given nothing to cheer.  On the other hand if we got a goal it would be game on. They are nothing special   One or two man team. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Calm yourself down man!

We have a long, long way to fall before watching Egg chasing becomes an appealing alternative. 

so ... just remind me - how many points do you get for kicking the egg off the pitch these days?

Edited by Daniro

Fulham all over us. We haven't had a shot. Early goal killed us. Lots of fouls against us ref not seeing. We looked doomed on that half...and that's the first time I've really thought that. Hope 2nd half is better. Huge following here and they will be kicking this way

Poor first half. No passion or energy. Fulham passing around our box for fun all of ours about 6-7 yards in front giving them space to run and pick us apart. 

Wilbs in. Lumping it up to him hoping for some luck. Surprisingly none so far. 

Kodjia on the wing. Not sure where he should be. 

Bryan, Freeman and Pack are on the pitch casually jogging around. 

Back 4 and keeper not awful. Fulham only the one real chance where McCormack beautifully buried. Some long shots but down to midfield not marking or closing down their midfield. 

Needs a big change in the second half. Reid and Odemwingie warming up a bit early with trainer. Maybe s couple changes? 

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It's up to players on the pitch to adopt to the situation

These days the players are obliged, more than ever, to keep to the team shape and play to the managers' instructions.

Very little room for individuality and a bollocking from the manager for any mavericks who don't conform.

Important 15 minutes for LJ, once again we're waiting to see exactly what he's made of.

Tactics and inspiration Lee, let's see some evidence you've got what it takes.

4 minutes ago, RedSA said:

You have to integrate it gradually though, too much at once and there's too much confusion. Like you say, it's not rocket science but the margins are fine and too much to remember all at once in a high pressure environment like a football match can create a negative effect. 

I do also think Cotterill used to overcomplicate things and get players to do very specific things in situations which were unnatural for the players ie. Packs cross field passes. 

I haven't got an agenda against LJ, want him to do well. Just something that had come to mind after listening to a lot of his interviews recently. 

At some point the players are going to have to pull their fingers out and grow a pair and not keep hiding,to much information for grown men maybe you're right,then get rid of them

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:
Du vår Fader
som är i himmelen
Må ditt namn hållas heligt
ske din vilja på jorden, såsom den sker i himmelen
giv oss idag vårt dagliga bröd
och förlåt oss vad vi hava brutit
såsom vi förlåta dem som har brutit mot oss
och för oss icke in i frestelse
utan fräls oss från det onda/den onde

Not sure I can 100% agree with that 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:
Du vår Fader
som är i himmelen

Amen brother .

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

These days the players are obliged, more than ever, to tkeep to the team shape and play to the managers' instructions.

Very little room for individuality and a bollocking from the manager for any mavericks who don't conform.

Important 15 minutes for LJ, once again we're waiting to see exactly what he's made of.

Tactics and inspiration Lee, let's see some evidence you've got what it takes.

It's all up to the players on the pitch to adopt to the situation

Edited by bristolcitysweden
7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:
Du vår Fader
som är i himmelen