IGNORED

The Official Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Credit to LJ not afraid to dump Kodjia and Freeman at half time, we sounded so much better second half.

It was bold, and also a sign we've slowly built enough squad depth to actually do something like that, certainly in terms of replacing Kodjia with another decent quality striker.

Important win, and will put the the frighteners on Fulham too; for all their attacking power they are now a point off the drop - don't fancy them away to Brum next time out, while absolutely fancy Rotherham at Ipswich on the same day; could see the Cottagers staring League One in the face at the start of April.

Really bad 1st half. We had no shape and a few players seemed to have no idea what position they were meant to be playing. 

Thankfully made it to half time only a goal down and came out much more composed for 2nd half. Nice finish from Pack and players actually sticking to the positions they must have been told to play. 

Superb save and block near the end and then a great free kick just after from Tomlin.

I thought Reid got the ball moving quicker when he came on which definitely helped the midfield. 

Fans were great. Stuck with the team all the way. Massive result. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yep...apparently we are worse under LJ...relegated after 3 mins into a game...this is a great win...a very hard game against another side fighting for their lives.

As MK Dons showed against Hull...teams at the bottom are generally harder to play against.

Well done LJ and the lads and all those supporters getting behind them.

Calm down mate, if you'd been at wolves tuesday you wouldn't have been confident of them winning another game this season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RedSA said:

I hope they got a bollocking at HT. The double substitution would suggest so. 

Something happened at HT because second half was so much better(obviously). More urgency and desire to press and quicker football. I was unsure on the subs but we took off our worst offenders for holding onto the ball and it worked brilliantly. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Calm down mate, if you'd been at wolves tuesday you wouldn't have been confident of them winning another game this season.

I am calm fella...it's many others who over react after each game who are not.

We had a bad game at wolves...so what...it happens. as it does to every team in this league.

It's the over reaction of fans after every game that's infuriating...we win one game and it's ok...we lose one game, and we are relegated and LJ is the worst thing since sliced bread.

We could go down...we could stay up.

Teams around us are fighting for their lives too...it's all to play for.

One positive, as the thread I posted earlier shows...we are top of the league in recent away form...so we are heading in the right direction.

• Like 11
15 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

It shows that unlike some on here the players haven't thrown in the towel!!

I don't get it, some had us relegated after 3 minutes today. When we win the really negative posters disappear until the next defeat and then they spend days shouting down anyone who says anything positive, dismissing them as "happy clappers". Some people seem to have forgotten the season is a marathon, not a sprint and things will change all the time over the course of it. One thing that needs to be consistent is our support.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Still stand by what I said in the last match thread

beat Bolton and Rotherham we stay up

No doubt, there will be some sort of controversy during the Rotherham game.

Maybe the ball will go into our net and it will be a no goal under controversial circumstances. Colin will then call us cheats because we didn't let them walk in a goal.

I starting to think that the pressure is going to play on others around us now and maybe we can relax a bit?

COYR

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't get it, some had us relegated after 3 minutes today. When we win the really negative posters disappear until the next defeat and then they spend days shouting down anyone who says anything positive, dismissing them as "happy clappers". Some people seem to have forgotten the season is a marathon, not a sprint and things will change all the time over the course of it. One thing that needs to be consistent is our support.

Aren't you being a little too generous with the 3 minutes?

Really enjoyed that. Marlon MOM in my view. One of the best performances from Bobby I've seen. We came out second half and really went for it. Moved it much quicker. LJ earned his money in the half time break. Great atmosphere. First time at Fulham - nice location and decent concourse.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I've been known to use that term this season but that was pretty much in relation to the SC & Freeman backers. You know - the ones who thought and think they could and can (Freeman) do no wrong. I think Pembs and Wade did a good job and would have stuck with them until the end of the season but am happy with LJ thus far. I think we now have more than enough to stay up.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

As I said earlier, more teams come into it after today. Fulham certainly, Brentford and Huddersfield possibly as well.

One of the advantages of Rotherham's resurgence is that there are a number of sides who cannot rule out getting drawn in to a genuine scrap.

We've pulled in Fulham, and Huddesfield are only 6 points away from Rotherham, with an in form Leeds next, then Sheff Weds, Boro, Hull, Blackburn, before a trip to Rotherham - by that game with the aides they have to play, they could either be free and clear, or have Rotherham nipping at the heels.

This season is far from over; what we need to do is just head into each game like it is a must-win until we've dragged ourselves clear, starting at Bolton - I hope we take the energy from this last gasp win and channel it into putting Bolton close to 20 points behind us next week.

Driving  home listening to talksport earlier on, their reporter said "Bristol City supporters don't ever shut up…fantastic support"  and that when we were one down!   Later "lets go to craven cottage, theirs been a sensational late goal"………………and I thought Oh No….Not Again!    But How brilliant to hear that its City for a change who have scored a last minute winner?   To cap it all I had £20 double on  Burnley and City to win away………………LJ did a great job today!

• Like 4

Just wow.

For me, that topped Mansfield

I wish the silly buggers wouldn't put us through it like today though, the first half was abhorrent. The second was ok, Reid's exuberance and Odemwinge's brain were difference between first and second halves.

Will graciously take a loss and a win rather than 2 draws

Awesome day out, loads of noise, managed to turn it around. Great to see Ayling fit enough to come on again too

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

As I said earlier, more teams come into it after today. Fulham certainly, Brentford and Huddersfield possibly as well.

Huddersfield away to Leeds next week. We could be above them at close of play next Saturday.

The more the merrier I say.

• Like 1