IGNORED

The Official Fulham v Bristol City Match Day Thread

14 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

Just wow.

For me, that topped Mansfield

I wish the silly buggers wouldn't put us through it like today though, the first half was abhorrent. The second was ok, Reid's exuberance and Odemwinge's brain were difference between first and second halves.

Will graciously take a loss and a win rather than 2 draws

Awesome day out, loads of noise, managed to turn it around. Great to see Ayling fit enough to come on again too

Did Ayling come on? 

If he did, then in fairness to me I did spend the last 5 minutes turned around facing the back of the stand with my eyes closed praying to a god I don't believe in. 

Edited by Chivs
  • Like 3

OK; a lot of players in both teams took part in the earlier fixture at AG which Fulham won easily.

Was today's result due to different tactics or improved belief in the City players whilst Fulham now have self doubt following recent results?

13 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK; a lot of players in both teams took part in the earlier fixture at AG which Fulham won easily.

Was today's result due to different tactics or improved belief in the City players whilst Fulham now have self doubt following recent results?

I think it was a partly down to fewer mistakes from City, a less clinical Fulham side and something to fight for at the end... Sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but we seem to a. Be able to drag ourselves back into games now and b. Believe we can hold onto a win which is a world away from even Boxing Day

6 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Odemwingie. Yes? No? Not sure...?

Played mainly wide left and showed some good touches, lost possession a few times which put Fulham on the break. But no harm done. Still seems quite quick and got a couple of goal bound efforts away. I think he will be a very good signing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, City169 said:

Just going to point out that both Warnock and LJ have managed 7 games at their current clubs, one of those has his team a few points clear of the relegation zone as it stands with a 1.71 PPG average, while the other is currently in the drop zone with a 1.57 PPG average.

Don't you go giving out facts that distort the truth....

• Like 3

Brilliant. Have only read a few posts before the game as I was at the game myself but we so deserved that win. Why? Because our fans were bloody brialliant from start to finish despite a poor first half. Fulham deserved absolutely nothing with support like that, we moan about the atmosphere at AG but my god it's so much better than the 4-5 grounds I've been to this season. The criticism keeps us on our feet but still feel like we're so much better than the majority of teams. Such a good away day. Temperance was also brill before the game. Atmosphere is everything. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, cynic said:

Just saying....

Just saying what? I was having a discussion about some of the problems that can happen when a very tactical manager puts too many ideas in players heads too soon. I had been wondering if that might be a problem with LJ. 

I put it forward as 'I was wondering', Not 'we're shite' 'LJs messing it up' 'here we go again' etc. I'm not a LJ bashed and have no agenda with him and am always positive towards the team. But I will discuss thoughts that come into my mind, with it being a board for discussion and all. 

And tbf, as far as I understand it we did simplify our game as well as come back to the 541 that JP and WE had implemented which kicked us on in the 2nd half. Many comments of 'the players didn't look like they knew what they were doing in the first half'. 

10 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

On an all-day piss-up with some of the Old Skool lads and this has made us very happy.

Me particularly - my bellend of a boss at the Beeb was a Fulham fan.

Get the **** in!!!!!

had an ex boss who was a fulham fan an all - the biggest git to ever breathe.  great result this, but with that added on it feels like beating the gas. smashed and buzzing :banana: 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RedSA said:

Just saying what? I was having a discussion about some of the problems that can happen when a very tactical manager puts too many ideas in players heads too soon. I had been wondering if that might be a problem with LJ. 

I put it forward as 'I was wondering', Not 'we're shite' 'LJs messing it up' 'here we go again' etc. I'm not a LJ bashed and have no agenda with him and am always positive towards the team. But I will discuss thoughts that come into my mind, with it being a board for discussion and all. 

And tbf, as far as I understand it we did simplify our game as well as come back to the 541 that JP and WE had implemented which kicked us on in the 2nd half. Many comments of 'the players didn't look like they knew what they were doing in the first half'. 

He's not worth the time mate, believe me.

• Like 1