Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidNoble

Bolton haven't won an away game all season

Recommended Posts

It's nice to see Bolton are as close to us in points as we are to Birmingham in 9th place. That alone tells the story of how abject they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge game next week. Rotherham away to Ipswich, MK Dons have a tough home game v Brighton. Huddersfield away at Leeds and Brentford play Blackburn.

Massive opportunity for us to pull a bit further away from those behind us and drag Brentford,Blackburn or both, a little bit closer to us.

Must win, for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Huge game next week. Rotherham away to Ipswich, MK Dons have a tough home game v Brighton. Huddersfield away at Leeds and Brentford play Blackburn.

Massive opportunity for us to pull a bit further away from those behind us and drag Brentford,Blackburn or both, a little bit closer to us.

Must win, for me.

Certainly a 'would feel much better if we win' game for me, rather than must win.

Bolton's form has been a little odd. Yes, they do not seem to be able to buy a win. Equally, they always seem to have been competitive, either drawing of losing by one. Player for player they should really have been ok, but behind the scenes stuff seems to have killed them this year. We were maybe a little lucky to pick up a 0-0 at their place, with them missing a penalty.

Taking nothing for granted. Yes for sure we can win, and let's hope it goes our way on the day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been on their forum and it seems that Jay Spearing can`t play for them again this season without triggering a stage payment to Liverpool which they either can`t or won`t pay. He`s always been good v us IIRC so good news for next Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate it when City play against teams on a bad run. We always seem to be charitable, feel sorry for them and somehow contrive to let them have at least a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I hate it when City play against teams on a bad run. We always seem to be charitable, feel sorry for them and somehow contrive to let them have at least a point. 

disagree. for a few seasons now every 'must win' game we have had be it pushing for promotion or fighting relegation, we have come up trumps. we do have big balls in bristol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I remember home to Palace 73ish. November they hadn't won ONE game...on MotD....what happened....0_1  :grr:

cant be that bad if you had to go back 43 years to find one ! ha, ha !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must win. Bolton is given their away record. Rotherham is too given their recent form and Huddersfield tho perhaps not must win is quite important. They are dropping steadily... 3 winnable games 9 pts from those and we will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

disagree. for a few seasons now every 'must win' game we have had be it pushing for promotion or fighting relegation, we have come up trumps. we do have big balls in bristol.

Statistics are a bit dodgy as they can be manipulated to suit any arguement, but looking at some matches we could have won, but lost: 

Wolves - only 1 win in 8 prior to playing City. 

Reading - only 1 win in 7 

Rotherham - only 1 win in 8

Bolton (we drew) / only 1 win in 10

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Charlton have less points at home than we do, and that might be about to change!

Worst home record vs worst away record.... Anything could happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry said:

Only Charlton have less points at home than we do, and that might be about to change!

Worst home record vs worst away record.... Anything could happen

Although we have some great opportunities coming up to improve our record! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, City169 said:

We've lost at home to Bolton just 1 time in the last century

Yeah but we've only played them once. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Yeah but we've only played them once. ;) 

Haha, just double checked and we've lost at home to them twice in the last century. 22 avoiding defeat isn't too bad though, about 9 home wins on the bounce too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worse case will be if the Bolton players beleive they are already relegated. Often at the end of a season, when teams are doomed, the players relax and play without any tension or stress. Suddenly good performances come from nowhere. (Hopefully not on Saturday) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Must win. Bolton is given their away record. Rotherham is too given their recent form and Huddersfield tho perhaps not must win is quite important. They are dropping steadily... 3 winnable games 9 pts from those and we will be fine.

I will be very happy indeed with six points from those three fixtures..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The worse case will be if the Bolton players beleive they are already relegated. Often at the end of a season, when teams are doomed, the players relax and play without any tension or stress. Suddenly good performances come from nowhere. (Hopefully not on Saturday) 

Or they could get too relaxed and lose 8-2 like Walsall ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah that would help. I believe we can get between 7-9 from those three.

Can we get 8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cynic said:

Bolton away record;

Won 0

Drawn 4

Lost 14

For 14

Against 39

That is about as poor as it gets,

But then, we are 24th with regard to our home record.

Something has to give....

 

If I were a betting man I wouldn't bet against the draw.........  .. .   .. ...   .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 01:37, BCFC Jordan said:

Worst home form in the division vs worst away form in the division.

 

Only one can prevail.

Or they could draw :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cynic said:

Bolton away record;

Won 0

Drawn 4

Lost 14

For 14

Against 39

That is about as poor as it gets,

But then, we are 24th with regard to our home record.

Something has to give....

 

We've won four times as many home games as they have away games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst I can see is a 1-1 draw.

We should beat Bolton without an issue; I honestly feel our current squad and performance levels match a team in the top half of the table.

Bolton are where they are with good reason, and even without Lennon, there is no reason to suggest they will improve in time to trouble us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The worst I can see is a 1-1 draw.

We should beat Bolton without an issue; I honestly feel our current squad and performance levels match a team in the top half of the table.

 

Without an issue? Not so sure of that.

Last 2 home games: P2, L2. Goals for: 0. Goals against: 6.

Our overall home record this season makes very sorry reading: P19, W4, D6, L9.

Goals for: 17. Goals against: 30.

They better had win on Saturday, and aim to finish the season with a few entertaining home wins to consolidate our position in the Championship..

This seasons' fare - a measly 17 goals in 19 games - is hardly going to encourage optimism for next season, or ST sales.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

We've won four times as many home games as they have away games...

Eh?! So we have won 4 x 0 home games = 0

So you don't think we've won a home game this season?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

We've won four times as many home games as they have away games...

Erm....

Four times nothing is........ nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh?! So we have won 4 x 0 home games = 0

So you don't think we've won a home game this season?!!

 

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Erm....

Four times nothing is........ nothing.

You two must have thought of that at exactly the same time.  Strange coincidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

 

You two must have thought of that at exactly the same time.  Strange coincidence?

Spooky ..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

We've won four times as many home games as they have away games...

If you look at it the other way divide our home wins by their away wins, then our record is infinitely better. LIterally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, adamc6203 said:

If you look at it the other way divide our home wins by their away wins, then our record is infinitely better. LIterally.

Literally?  Mathematically, yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...