IGNORED

Bolton haven't won an away game all season

DavidNoble

Huge game next week. Rotherham away to Ipswich, MK Dons have a tough home game v Brighton. Huddersfield away at Leeds and Brentford play Blackburn.

Massive opportunity for us to pull a bit further away from those behind us and drag Brentford,Blackburn or both, a little bit closer to us.

Must win, for me.

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Huge game next week. Rotherham away to Ipswich, MK Dons have a tough home game v Brighton. Huddersfield away at Leeds and Brentford play Blackburn.

Massive opportunity for us to pull a bit further away from those behind us and drag Brentford,Blackburn or both, a little bit closer to us.

Must win, for me.

Certainly a 'would feel much better if we win' game for me, rather than must win.

Bolton's form has been a little odd. Yes, they do not seem to be able to buy a win. Equally, they always seem to have been competitive, either drawing of losing by one. Player for player they should really have been ok, but behind the scenes stuff seems to have killed them this year. We were maybe a little lucky to pick up a 0-0 at their place, with them missing a penalty.

Taking nothing for granted. Yes for sure we can win, and let's hope it goes our way on the day.

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I hate it when City play against teams on a bad run. We always seem to be charitable, feel sorry for them and somehow contrive to let them have at least a point. 

disagree. for a few seasons now every 'must win' game we have had be it pushing for promotion or fighting relegation, we have come up trumps. we do have big balls in bristol.

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

disagree. for a few seasons now every 'must win' game we have had be it pushing for promotion or fighting relegation, we have come up trumps. we do have big balls in bristol.

Statistics are a bit dodgy as they can be manipulated to suit any arguement, but looking at some matches we could have won, but lost: 

Wolves - only 1 win in 8 prior to playing City. 

Reading - only 1 win in 7 

Rotherham - only 1 win in 8

Bolton (we drew) / only 1 win in 10

1 minute ago, Barry said:

Only Charlton have less points at home than we do, and that might be about to change!

Worst home record vs worst away record.... Anything could happen

Although we have some great opportunities coming up to improve our record! 

The worse case will be if the Bolton players beleive they are already relegated. Often at the end of a season, when teams are doomed, the players relax and play without any tension or stress. Suddenly good performances come from nowhere. (Hopefully not on Saturday) 

19 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Must win. Bolton is given their away record. Rotherham is too given their recent form and Huddersfield tho perhaps not must win is quite important. They are dropping steadily... 3 winnable games 9 pts from those and we will be fine.

I will be very happy indeed with six points from those three fixtures..

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The worse case will be if the Bolton players beleive they are already relegated. Often at the end of a season, when teams are doomed, the players relax and play without any tension or stress. Suddenly good performances come from nowhere. (Hopefully not on Saturday) 

Or they could get too relaxed and lose 8-2 like Walsall ;)

Archived