IGNORED

Lee Johnson gone up in my estimation

foghornred

Saturdays game at Fulham was a great result but not a great performance, in fact I can not think of a first 30 mins where we have played worse.

Fair play to young Lee by strengthening the midfield with a few changes and we picked our game up to not be so overrun in that department for the rest of the half.

At half time the changes that he made made us the better team in the second half by moving the ball quicker and a change in personal we always looked like we could win it.

From playing terrible to winning the game goes down to our manager and the changes he made,he really does seem to be one of the best young managers around.

So well done Lee :clap::clap::clap:

1 hour ago, foghornred said:

Saturdays game at Fulham was a great result but not a great performance, in fact I can not think of a first 30 mins where we have played worse.

Fair play to young Lee by strengthening the midfield with a few changes and we picked our game up to not be so overrun in that department for the rest of the half.

At half time the changes that he made made us the better team in the second half by moving the ball quicker and a change in personal we always looked like we could win it.

From playing terrible to winning the game goes down to our manager and the changes he made,he really does seem to be one of the best young managers around.

So well done Lee :clap::clap::clap:

Are you Mark Ashton??

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Apart from the fact he picked completely the wrong formation to start with, I agree with everything you say there.

It takes a brave man to admit he's made mistakes, it takes an ever braver one to act on it. Well done Lee, something unfortunately Cotts would never of done.

23 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Apart from the fact he picked completely the wrong formation to start with, I agree with everything you say there.

I think he was caught out by Fulham playing 3-5-2 which they haven't been doing recently. So fair play to him for shoring things up towards the end of the 1st half, which meant JK & LF playing out of position, and then changing at half time.

• Admin
13 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I think he was caught out by Fulham playing 3-5-2 which they haven't been doing recently. So fair play to him for shoring things up towards the end of the 1st half, which meant JK & LF playing out of position, and then changing at half time.

Agree with the points made - but was puzzled as to why we didn't change our shape until the second half

I don't mind saying that I rate Lee as a top manager of the future.  I think the guy is pure class, genuine, and highly ambitious.

I was cautious when we hired Lee because I felt it was the wrong time to give him the job (in such a dangerous position in the league), but he seems adept at handling the Championship, and I don't feel delusional or unrealistic when I say that LJ will become our Eddie Howe, and even achieve the same result with us as Eddie has with Bournemouth.

The future is bright with Lee at the helm.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Agree with the points made - but was puzzled as to why we didn't change our shape until the second half

We did change our shape at round about 30 minutes.

Kodjia went out to the right wing and Freeman went somewhere random.  Bryan and Pack were still admiring the view of the Thames though.

15 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

My bad, I Should of read chivs post ! I'd quite like to see JK on the right wing takes the pressure off him and maybe less players will hoof it to him 

35 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I don't mind saying that I rate Lee as a top manager of the future.  I think the guy is pure class, genuine, and highly ambitious.

I was cautious when we hired Lee because I felt it was the wrong time to give him the job (in such a dangerous position in the league), but he seems adept at handling the Championship, and I don't feel delusional or unrealistic when I say that LJ will become our Eddie Howe, and even achieve the same result with us as Eddie has with Bournemouth.

boooooooooooooooooooooo

• Admin
3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I REALLY hope that you are right - but  am not sure Oldham or Barnsley supporters that have had LJ around longer than us would agree with you.

It has been amusing on OTIB recently - lose and we have the worst manager, win and we have the next Eddie Howe

We really shouldn't expect Lee to get everything right all the time.  No manager, even the greats don't achieve this.  Lee is learning about the players, he has himself said this.  Learning which of them have character as well as skill.  Lee is still learning about himself as a manager.  Once he's sorted the squad out in the summer and had the benefit of a pre season I believe he will really take us forward.

If everything I've read about LJ is true then he seems like a very genuine, switched on guy.

Spending an afternoon talking to fans in the Three Lions, travelling up to Fleetwood to watch Wes play....

Making people feel included and wanted is not too difficult, I've managed teams of people in my day job and those two elements of the job are very important...

Archived