IGNORED

Season Tickets 16/17

G Block

34 minutes ago, swampy said:

The rugby has it about right in terms of prices:

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/take-advantage-of-season-card-savings-for-201617/

But still the upper tier isn't open!

Much much better prices, odd really considering it was said to be very overpriced in comparison with the football this season. Also I guess these could be Premiership prices if they get promoted, that looks an absolute bargain.

Another thing, if our blue neighbours had built a lovely new state of the art stand (as if ha ha), and they decided not to open the top tier for more than a couple of matches a season, we would be ripping the **** out of them good and proper. It's embarrassing we aren't using the ground to its full potential.

Pretty disappointed to be honest. I think the club has missed a trick here, why build a 27,000 seat stadium and not want to fill it? 

The prices are reasonable in general but i can't see us filling it to often at those prices, why not make them cheap fill the ground and create a good atmosphere at the gate!

Still not sure if i will renew next season as i have a young family and this announcement today hasn't helped matters...

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

If all 1,400 of you agreed you could have moved elsewhere, but from what I took from the other thread on this subject, there was no where else you wanted to go.  I think the club has bent over to accommodate the group as far as possible, thus 400 of you are SOOL.

1400 aren't all going to agree on the same to either move or stay. I don't think the club have bent over to accommodate the group - those currently in the atyeo were given a choice to turf out 1400 in the dolman or stay put, so to not inconvenience those in the dolman (and rightly so) the decision was made to inconvenience 400. However, it's potentially more than 400 though isn't it. What if I have a few mates that want to come but can't stand/sit by me because they can't get tickets in the atyeo?

I suggested on the said thread you refer to that the singers should have been transferred to where the family section is and know many others that would have preferred this option. It gets worse though as the club have now announced that this section is to be extended by 1000, so basically half the south stand is going to be a crèche. 

I'd like to know where will the 400+ (including those that may have wanted to have joined section82/atyeo singers) likely to be going now?

If my primary concern was about which league I am watching next season I would buy a Leicester ST. 

If my primary concern was cheap tickets I would buy a Bradford ST. 

Neither appeals. I will be buying a ticket for City, the club I love, at a price i am grateful has not gone up.

What is there to moan at?

1 hour ago, swampy said:

The rugby has it about right in terms of prices:

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/take-advantage-of-season-card-savings-for-201617/

But still the upper tier isn't open!

The total price paid may be cheaper but when you factor in the number of games played, 11 at home I believe, the price per game is much cheaper for the football.

I think the prices are very reasonable, the most expensive ticket is £23 per game...many of us pay much more for away tickets for a far, far worse view.

The prices seem pretty fair to me.  Kids, families and younger people are helped to attend matches and pensioners get a discount.  Cheaper food and drink - and (hopefully) Championship football in a spanking new stadium with great facilities.  Let's hope we fill the ground and that a new generation of fans can get addicted.  Onwards and upwards!!

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Agreed.

Far too expensive and a big gamble given our league position - no way will I buy a ST at those prices while we are still in danger of the third division and I would think a hell of a lot will be thinking that way. It will be far too expensive after the early bird time has expired - especially if we go down.

I can't see many more than last season tbh, which would be a shame after building a new stadium - and keeping at least 5000 prime seats unsold in the upper tier.

Yes. Also it would seem if they've frozen season ticket prices, then the regular ticket prices stay the same? £30 for Cat B and £35 for Cat A? Any lower and it would pay off to pick and choose your own games. It's actually more baffling the more I think about it. Going to be slightly bigger crowds if we stay up leaving 10-12k seats empty pretty much every match. 

No ST for me next season then.

£529 in the new stand? Fuuuck that. That's at the "early bird" price too, hate to see the standard. £23 per game is an early bird deal? Of course it is.

The Senior and U-25 prices are what the adult prices should be (at least). Bump the kids prices up a bit to make up the difference. £50 a season to fill a seat against £529 to fill a seat exactly the same size, no differences other than the age. Yes I get why there's a discount but that is SUCH a heavy difference.

I know there are other stands but still think each stand should be prices as per the Senior/U-25 throughout.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Much much better prices, odd really considering it was said to be very overpriced in comparison with the football this season. Also I guess these could be Premiership prices if they get promoted, that looks an absolute bargain.

Another thing, if our blue neighbours had built a lovely new state of the art stand (as if ha ha), and they decided not to open the top tier for more than a couple of matches a season, we would be ripping the **** out of them good and proper. It's embarrassing we aren't using the ground to its full potential.

That's because they still get smaller gates. If they had a 50k stadium and were averaging 40k a week, we could hardly mock them for empty seats. If we open that tier then it will be like Coventry and many other grounds where everyone is sparsely spread. 

How are season ticket prices frozen when I don't remember paying £529 to sit in my middle block seat in the Williams stand. The exact same seats on the opposite side of the ground are £100 cheaper. Other than it being a newer stand what differing match day experience am I going to be having sat in the new stand? I know the response will be to sit in the Dolman then, but I have always sat in the williams and would like to continue to do so. Feels a bit of a kick in the teeth to be asked to relocate due to development then be asked to pay £100 more to return.

Also on a seperate note I go on holiday at 10am on the 29th for a week, if a do decide to return I take it I will be put in with all remaining season ticket holders for seat choice as I will be unable to renew during the designated week, correct?

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

The free child ticket per adult in the family section and the £50 price in other areas is to be applauded if you have U12s who want to go to games.

However it may / will lead to lots of empty seats where adults have taken up the free / cheap offer but don't take the child to a game that often, I've seen this happening already this season.

£100  extra to sit in the new Williams as opposed to the Dolman in a similar seat is simply a rip off, not opening the upper Williams unless demand dictates (does that mean that ALL lower Williams tickets must be sold first?) confirms my suspicion that the new Williams is being looked on as a complete prawn sandwich area, such a shame for a superb stand that deserves to be filled every game.

Pleased for some fans, very disappointed on a personal level.

Ditto. I'd like to move from central Dolman to Central Williams but but seems we won't be offered that option.

Slightly disappointed there is no "mid thirties, massive mortgage, two kids" price category. We certainly need the discount more than the baby-boomers now moving into the senior citizen category!

(Half) joking aside, I'm a little surprised prices have been maintained given the additional seats we need to fill next season. However, most potential new fans or half-interested supporters wouldn't commit to a season ticket anyway. In my opinion it's the match ticket prices that will dictate how much of a "new stadium bounce" we see. They are the ones most in need of reduction based on this season's prices.

13 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Prices in the new stand are pretty steep. I guess they don't want the hoi polloi too close to the shiny new exec boxes though, so makes sense to price them out of it. 

Hope it doesn't wind up being too empty each week. 

It basically amounts to £100 more for a bit more legroom. I expected an exodus into the West Stand but can't see that happening with those prices. This does at least mean the Dolman is likely to still appear quite full, which will look better on the telly.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Slightly disappointed there is no "mid thirties, massive mortgage, two kids" price category. We certainly need the discount more than the baby-boomers now moving into the senior citizen category!

(Half) joking aside, I'm a little surprised prices have been maintained given the additional seats we need to fill next season. However, most potential new fans or half-interested supporters wouldn't commit to a season ticket anyway. In my opinion it's the match ticket prices that will dictate how much of a "new stadium bounce" we see. They are the ones most in need of reduction based on this season's prices.

Yes but reducing them to what? It's £23 per match early bird for Williams central. If they offer a £25 ticket for one off games there then what is the point? Might as well choose what matches you want to see. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but reducing them to what? It's £23 per match early bird for Williams central. If they offer a £25 ticket for one off games there then what is the point? Might as well choose what matches you want to see. 

It's £38 for a non-member to sit in the central Dolman this season. So there is a lot of room for a price reduction somewhere between £38 and £23.

Personally I think anything above £30 is too much for Championship football. Pitch it at £29 and the season ticket is still a significant saving per-match.

12 minutes ago, collier said:

How are season ticket prices frozen when I don't remember paying £529 to sit in my middle block seat in the Williams stand. The exact same seats on the opposite side of the ground are £100 cheaper. Other than it being a newer stand what differing match day experience am I going to be having sat in the new stand? I know the response will be to sit in the Dolman then, but I have always sat in the williams and would like to continue to do so. Feels a bit of a kick in the teeth to be asked to relocate due to development then be asked to pay £100 more to return.

Also on a seperate note I go on holiday at 10am on the 29th for a week, if a do decide to return I take it I will be put in with all remaining season ticket holders for seat choice as I will be unable to renew during the designated week, correct?

Have some sympathy with this. 

I get the extra costs of opening the upper tier but with a more imaginative (and cheaper) ST pricing policy surely those extra costs could have been covered, particularly taking account of the extra footfall around the bars and food outlets. It's a bit like building a house then not occupying the upstairs. 

Loads of people want to 'try out' the new stand and like Collier said there's a load of ex Willliams central blockers who can't be accommodated in the centre of the lower tier. 

If we stay in the Championship can't see us having more than 4-5 sell outs. Seems a waste of a great asset. 

Anyhow, suppose the money people have calculated the biggest profit margins and the policy of encouraging the kids/youths is sound. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I'm in the 'too expensive missed the chance to fill the ground' camp too. Great if you are under 25, but I would have liked the cost to be spread around a little more evenly too. When I first had my ST many years ago you were either a child or an adult, you just lumped the cost. Now it seems you can still get discounted prices 9 years after leaving school??? WTF

And yes, people are saying they are good prices, not great but good for most. Yes, for Championship maybe but they don't look too clever for League One do they, have people considered this. We aren't safe yet.

I was just thinking this. £529 for League One football would be an outrage and I'm surprised this hasn't had more of a mention.

£529 for essentially the same view as the Dolman but with a bit of extra legroom does seem a bit steep mind. The facilities can't be that much better surely? With the dolman having #DMS next year (allegedly) I wonder really if it's worth around £4 a game to stretch out for 90 mins! 

Even if we stay up I'm not sure there will quite the demand as there was following last season's success. Those looking forward to moving to the new West stand will probably think twice before coughing up that much more for a sc. A lot will see the Dolman as the better value.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's £38 for a non-member to sit in the central Dolman this season. So there is a lot of room for a price reduction somewhere between £38 and £23.

Personally I think anything above £30 is too much for Championship football. Pitch it at £29 and the season ticket is still a significant saving per-match.

I didn't think it was that bad. Ouch. It is a significant savings but even £30 is too much for championship football. Most people won't pay it to see a normal match. They should've lowered prices a bit. I'm not talking £150 like some others either. Think we'd have got a good return on £350 central Dolman and Williams. £300 wings and SS and £200 for the Atyeo. That's a bit over £15 a match for central. Then £20-28 tickets for the casual fan. Think it would've filled the stadium more. Think we will struggle to get more than 17k most matches unless the product on the field exceeds expectations. 

Archived