IGNORED

Season Tickets 16/17

G Block

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I didn't think it was that bad. Ouch. It is a significant savings but even £30 is too much for championship football. Most people won't pay it to see a normal match. They should've lowered prices a bit. I'm not talking £150 like some others either. Think we'd have got a good return on £350 central Dolman and Williams. £300 wings and SS and £200 for the Atyeo. That's a bit over £15 a match for central. Then £20-28 tickets for the casual fan. Think it would've filled the stadium more. Think we will struggle to get more than 17k most matches unless the product on the field exceeds expectations. 

I broadly agree with your price proposals. Only thing I would say is that, while we agree that £30 is too much, the evidence this season doesn't suggest that people aren't willing to pay it. We are selling out most games with these prices and our average attendances are much the same as they were in previous years when prices were below £30.

Leaving the morals of the pricing out of it, strictly from a business point of view it appears the club got the prices about right, for this season at least. However I absolutely agree they should come down if we want to see the new ground appear anywhere near full.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I broadly agree with your price proposals. Only thing I would say is that, while we agree that £30 is too much, the evidence this season doesn't suggest that people aren't willing to pay it. We are selling out most games with these prices and our average attendances are much the same as they were in previous years when prices were below £30.

Leaving the morals of the pricing out of it, strictly from a business point of view it appears the club got the prices about right, for this season at least. However I absolutely agree they should come down if we want to see the new ground appear anywhere near full.

Agreed. I think most feel it's a missed opportunity to get as many in for its first season. Sure we are selling out now but that's 12,500 ST holders and another what 3500 tickets? It worked this year because there was more demand than supply. Next season will be much different. I can only see us at best getting slightly more than 17k on average which is good for us. It just leaves 10k empty seats. 

The club isn't being unfair in regards to championship prices(only good if we are in championship) but more they are missing a chance to get a bigger following. It just feels like another thing the club is getting wrong and more of us getting fed what we want to hear. If they average over 20k next season, fair play to them but I don't think they'll get it. I'd be surprised if they get 12,500 ST again this year with a bigger ground. 

4 hours ago, Bowie said:

Lansdown talks about selling out Ashton Gate next season then we announce these prices!  And as for the Williams Stand.

its like saying you want to push for the prem then appoint Lee Johnson

While I'm not saying LJ is the man to take us up (when we eventually do get there, odds are it will happen one day) his current average points per game over a full season would be good enough for playoffs minimum, so although it's early days, that's an utterly horseshit analogy.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I'm in the 'too expensive missed the chance to fill the ground' camp too. Great if you are under 25, but I would have liked the cost to be spread around a little more evenly too. When I first had my ST many years ago you were either a child or an adult, you just lumped the cost. Now it seems you can still get discounted prices 9 years after leaving school??? WTF

And yes, people are saying they are good prices, not great but good for most. Yes, for Championship maybe but they don't look too clever for League One do they, have people considered this. We aren't safe yet.

Think the u25 category could be useful for keeping any uni students who start going. Most will be 18/19* starting uni and can get the u21 ticket, but as they are at the end of the course they will be older than that cut off and so this will encourage them to keep going.

*Assuming people start uni straight after college/sixth form

Somebody has lost the plot at  Bristol Sport. .First rule of Marketing . Build the customer base first ,room for price increases later .

The early bird ST  prices for the new West stand are prohibitive  (huge increase form the old Williams prices) almost certainly resulting in the lower section  being sparsely populated  as many fans stay in the much cheaper Dolman. Old Proverb-Better to live in a cave and look at a Palace than live in a Palace and look at a Cave.The  West upper tier with the best view in the Ground , is planned to be completely empty all season!  What complete madness.The first season  of the new build was (is) a one- off opportunity to bring new fans to the Gate and the ST pricing  should have been imaginative, designed to reward current ST holders and encourage new supporters. 20,000 ST holders should have been the goal-instead  many like me will pay on the day and select my games as there are sure to be thousands of spare tickets for every home game, unlike the past 2 years when demand exceeded supply

We now have the  prospect of our loyal  fans (15,000) spread thinly over 4 sides of our 27,000 stadium  with subsequent lack of atmosphere from about 11,000 empty seats every home match.

My preferred option was for the Atyeo to be for away fans only, could be filled several times next season (Aston Villa etc) with certain increases in attendance as most away teams sold out their limited allocation this season. This also  generates revenue with easier policing and reduced stewarding too. The South Stand should have reverted to the  East End as our Home end with a singing section and unreserved standing allowed behind the goal. The move to the Atyeo for our vocal support  is very recent and a packed and colourful  South Stand would have been a formidable sight and sound for our team to kick towards in the second half ,as it was for all of my living memory as first the Shed and latterly the East End. Family enclosure in the Lower Dolman leaving the SS for the committed  fans.

That would have meant our fans  sqeezed into 3 sides of the ground ,aesethically better with improved acoustics too. With creative pricing and some imagination ,we should have been able to attract another 5,000 new or lasped fans and filled the West Upper Tier. What a shame this one off opportunity seems to have been missed. 

Why no Under 16 prices?? Ok there is an Under 19 ticket but should a 13 year old really be in the same bracket of a potentially 18 year old who is in full time employment? 

Children between 13-16 are who we should be trying to attract, it is around this age that they make a life long decision on whom to support and seemingly we are forgetting about them.

1 minute ago, Just Red said:

Why no Under 16 prices?? Ok there is an Under 19 ticket but should a 13 year old really be in the same bracket of a potentially 18 year old who is in full time employment? 

Children between 13-16 are who we should be trying to attract, it is around this age that they make a life long decision on whom to support and seemingly we are forgetting about them.

To be fair the u19 tickets are bloody cheap

Genuine advice please...

I'm not sure about renewing my club seat as this season I moved to the Dolman and opted to by my boy a £50 season ticket as I was going to get him a shirt anyway so saw it as an opportunity for "buy a shirt get a ticket for £20" instead and introduce him to the excitement of life as a City fan.

As he's 5yrs old and won't fully appreciate the Club seats (or come to every game), I'm not buying a lower West Stand ticket as I would have rather been up in the new top tier and now the Family Corner in the South Stand is priced that he would go free I would like to know is it worth going in there instead - view? atmosphere for him etc?

To be honest my biggest concern is how out of place are me and my Dad (who I now drag along with me) going to look in a sea of families as inevitably my boy will end up only coming a handful of times?

Its not the £50 either as personally I think that deal is excellent value for money.

What's the thoughts of the other parents out there as I'm sure I can't be the only one thinking it?

5 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Genuine advice please...

I'm not sure about renewing my club seat as this season I moved to the Dolman and opted to by my boy a £50 season ticket as I was going to get him a shirt anyway so saw it as an opportunity for "buy a shirt get a ticket for £20" instead and introduce him to the excitement of life as a City fan.

As he's 5yrs old and won't fully appreciate the Club seats (or come to every game), I'm not buying a lower West Stand ticket as I would have rather been up in the new top tier and now the Family Corner in the South Stand is priced that he would go free I would like to know is it worth going in there instead - view? atmosphere for him etc?

To be honest my biggest concern is how out of place are me and my Dad (who I now drag along with me) going to look in a sea of families as inevitably my boy will end up only coming a handful of times?

Its not the £50 either as personally I think that deal is excellent value for money.

What's the thoughts of the other parents out there as I'm sure I can't be the only one thinking it?

I'm in E27 with my boys, having moved from D block as-was because my youngest was to start coming (he's 4 1/2 now). In E27 you are in-line with the Dolman (I have always preferred side-on view for some reason) and opposite the 6 yard box so the view is pretty decent. You also have less bad language (still get a few odd word but I'm not too bothered about it anyway, better to teach them to not repeat it) and less concern about whether they need a toilet break or whatever because everybody is in the same boat :) 

I do miss the group of people I and my eldest (now 9) sat with though. They were so welcoming and  tolerant of him as he grew into the game...a couple of them even got him Christmas presents.

8 hours ago, collier said:

How are season ticket prices frozen when I don't remember paying £529 to sit in my middle block seat in the Williams stand. The exact same seats on the opposite side of the ground are £100 cheaper. Other than it being a newer stand what differing match day experience am I going to be having sat in the new stand? I know the response will be to sit in the Dolman then, but I have always sat in the williams and would like to continue to do so. Feels a bit of a kick in the teeth to be asked to relocate due to development then be asked to pay £100 more to return.

Also on a seperate note I go on holiday at 10am on the 29th for a week, if a do decide to return I take it I will be put in with all remaining season ticket holders for seat choice as I will be unable to renew during the designated week, correct?

I don't think they will be the exact same seats.

6 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Genuine advice please...

I actually got moved (with my wife) to the corner as I had a restricted view in dolman and it was only option left. There are actually quite a lot of people in the FE without children and actually I quite enjoy it (my daughter is only 18 months) and we'll probably stay there till such time she can come along as well 

12 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

The entrepreneurial among us will get some Ponzi scheme going here, happy days.

I don't think Bernie Madoff would have been quite so enthusiastic about his Ponzi scheme if all it netted him was 20,000 chicken balti pies and cups of bovril. 

7 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Somebody has lost the plot at  Bristol Sport. .First rule of Marketing . Build the customer base first ,room for price increases later .

The early bird ST  prices for the new West stand are prohibitive  (huge increase form the old Williams prices) almost certainly resulting in the lower section  being sparsely populated  as many fans stay in the much cheaper Dolman. Old Proverb-Better to live in a cave and look at a Palace than live in a Palace and look at a Cave.The  West upper tier with the best view in the Ground , is planned to be completely empty all season!  What complete madness.The first season  of the new build was (is) a one- off opportunity to bring new fans to the Gate and the ST pricing  should have been imaginative, designed to reward current ST holders and encourage new supporters. 20,000 ST holders should have been the goal-instead  many like me will pay on the day and select my games as there are sure to be thousands of spare tickets for every home game, unlike the past 2 years when demand exceeded supply

We now have the  prospect of our loyal  fans (15,000) spread thinly over 4 sides of our 27,000 stadium  with subsequent lack of atmosphere from about 11,000 empty seats every home match.

My preferred option was for the Atyeo to be for away fans only, could be filled several times next season (Aston Villa etc) with certain increases in attendance as most away teams sold out their limited allocation this season. This also  generates revenue with easier policing and reduced stewarding too. The South Stand should have reverted to the  East End as our Home end with a singing section and unreserved standing allowed behind the goal. The move to the Atyeo for our vocal support  is very recent and a packed and colourful  South Stand would have been a formidable sight and sound for our team to kick towards in the second half ,as it was for all of my living memory as first the Shed and latterly the East End. Family enclosure in the Lower Dolman leaving the SS for the committed  fans.

That would have meant our fans  sqeezed into 3 sides of the ground ,aesethically better with improved acoustics too. With creative pricing and some imagination ,we should have been able to attract another 5,000 new or lasped fans and filled the West Upper Tier. What a shame this one off opportunity seems to have been missed. 

Why don't/didn't you contact Bristol Sport with your ideas?

You may still be able to create a singing section in the South stand.

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

£529 for essentially the same view as the Dolman but with a bit of extra legroom does seem a bit steep mind. The facilities can't be that much better surely? With the dolman having #DMS next year (allegedly) I wonder really if it's worth around £4 a game to stretch out for 90 mins! 

I'm only a short arse so don't need the extra legroom as such but if prices had been more competitive I would have considered moving across from the Dolman, not for £100 or whatever it is I'm not. I would have liked more room to stop the person behind me constantly kneeing me in the back this season. 

7 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Totally and absolutely what I think. I was so mad yesterday I've asked a question in the Mark Kelly Q&A section, I don't think I have phrased it as well as you but let's see if I get an answer.

i understand why the Atyeo lot want to stay put but can only see hassle when they do have to move for selected matches. The SS should have been their home from the start of this season. 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

The SS should have been their home from the start of this season. 

It would not be a home when a signif cant percentage either A/ Don't like the stand B/ Don't think it will work 100% C/ It would be the last stand they move to. Then there are the view - safety issues and mass upheaval.

People in the South stand now could alternatively look at how they make it their home.

7 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It would not be a home when a signify cant percentage either A/ Don't like the stand B/ Don't think it will work 100% C/It would be the last stand they move to. Then there are the view - safety issues and mass upheaval.

People in the South stand now could alternatively look at how they make it their home.

I haven't explained myself very well, I mean it should have always been the big home end right from the start, ie it should have been designed with that in mind right from when the archetict first picked up his pen. I was bouncing in the away end at Fulham last week and ruefully thinking this is what we could have had, should have had. Instead we have a diluted  but well meaning area in  a ground which at those prices is likely to be sparsely populated elsewhere.

And for the 'big' matches where singing support will be needed are they going to be rehoused at various locations around the ground as space for the 1000 cannot be found together?

Been looking at the comments on here and also on Twitter and Facebook. There is an overwhelming consensus that the West Stand is overpriced and I've seen very few people saying they will move there now.

This suggests to me the club have pitched the prices wrong and have overestimated the novelty factor of the new stand. What a shame it would be to see our glorious new grandstand half-empty for it's first game (top tier issue aside) - unfortunately that currently looks likely.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I haven't explained myself very well, I mean it should have always been the big home end right from the start, ie it should have been designed with that in mind right from when the archetict first picked up his pen. I was bouncing in the away end at Fulham last week and ruefully thinking this is what we could have had, should have had. Instead we have a diluted  but well meaning area in  a ground which at those prices is likely to be sparsely populated elsewhere.

People met the architect - Summer of 2013. It was clear then there was zero intent from BCFC to create even a modest home end. The safe standing enclosure was just odd! 

The architect could only follow the remit BCFC gave him, and did. 

The concept was to create a family orientated stand not a big home end from the start. The intent is being met. People who pointed this out years ago where slated on this forum. 

Can't turn back time. The lads in the Atyeo are getting on with their lot. Fans in other stands can look at what they can realistically affect v what they can't.

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm only a short arse so don't need the extra legroom as such but if prices had been more competitive I would have considered moving across from the Dolman, not for £100 or whatever it is I'm not. I would have liked more room to stop the person behind me constantly kneeing me in the back this season. 

£70 for where you sit.

More leg room, comfier seat, not squashed tight against the person next to you, not being hit from behind all the time, gold plated taps in the bogs* - seems worth it to me.

*I made that bit up about the taps

27 minutes ago, WTMS said:

People met the architect - Summer of 2013. It was clear then there was zero intent from BCFC to create even a modest home end. The safe standing enclosure was just odd! 

The architect could only follow the remit BCFC gave him, and did. 

The concept was to create a family orientated stand not a big home end from the start. The intent is being met. People who pointed this out years ago where slated on this forum. 

Can't turn back time. The lads in the Atyeo are getting on with their lot. Fans in other stands can look at what they can realistically affect v what they can't.

And lots of us ladies as well thank you :P 

13 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Is S24 where the free tickets for childrens football teams are already?

So basically if you and ten of your mates sit there, you have to move so that the club can give tickets away for free?

This is not the case. Having done this twice already, I can assure you that those without season tickets have to pay. The bonus is the flag bearing or pitch tour.

8 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

You must have missed our Chief Operating Officer who only this week described our fan base (not our customer base, thank you) as "truly spectacular." Some of us thought he had gone way over the top using such terms about our support, or even our potential support.

Our new loan signing, Peter Odemwingie, interviewed after Fulham, said he had been told we are a "sleeping giant."

Then there's the 40,000 that went to Wembley, yet again, for the lower league cup final that we've been to so many times now (we only need 24k of that 40k).

My guess is, Bristol Sport will say, there's our fan/customer base. It's already there. Whether they have pitched the prices correctly, to turn all these once-in-a-while fans into season ticket holders, we will see. Be great to see it, but seeing will be believing in this case.

As I understand it, the "suits" down Bristol Sport is all about "marketing" and all that. That is their expertise. That's what they "do." Getting this right is what they are there for. How can they fail with our "truly spectacular" fanbase chomping at the bit?

9 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

I agree with this. Although the prices are fairly average/ reasonable, I do think BS have missed a trick in what is an historic season for Bristol City. 

It's not many seasons in a clubs history you get to play in an almost new stadium with potential gates higher than we've had for decades.

Also, for those quoting price per game, that's okay if you go to EVERY game. I'd like to know how many fans actually go to every game, I know it's a lot but I'd be surprised if it's even half the season card holders. 

I can make about 12 which makes it not really worth it at these prices.

Archived