IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day Thread

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We haven't scored more than 2 at AG in any game this season, and only scored 2 four times in those 19 games.

We've failed to score in 4 of our last 5 home games.

Surely high time for City fans to enjoy watching a cascade of goals nestling in the opposition net, be celebrating an unassailable lead by half time with huge smiles all round in the concourse, and being able to relax in the 2nd half?

It's a home game against the bottom club after all.

Or will Bolton go ahead, with furrowed brows, fixed scowls and near silence in the agitated h/t queues, and we endure a long miserable 2nd half struggle trying to get a point?

Can't be too confident with our miserable home record, but come on City, just do it.

You've inspired me Noggers, just stuck a fiver on City to win 5-1 at 50/1

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Kodjia and Freeman both benched. Hopefully give us a quicker passing game today.

Feeling quietly confident.

One thing you have to say is that it's not a starting eleven that Bolton can have done too much homework on. 

Them being under new management might mean they are an unknown quantity, but so is that line-up, so all bets are off really.

Looking forward to seeing Odemwingie having a go at Bolton's back line.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I know he doesn't pass very much but think leaving Kodjia out is a mistake. It's the kind of game I think he'd do well in as I think he can beat these defenders. LJ has a good track record so far though so I hope it pays off. 

Imagine he'll get a good 20+ mins in place of one of Wilbs or Odemwingie; whether we are winning, looking for a winner or trying to get back into it, Kodjia will be a useful threat to throw on to stretch them late on.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, samo II said:

One thing you have to say is that it's not a starting eleven that Bolton can have done too much homework on. 

Them being under new management might mean they are an unknown quantity, but so is that line-up, so all bets are off really.

Looking forward to seeing Odemwingie having a go at Bolton's back line.

Not too worried about them having a new gaffer as LJ has shown he's not afraid to make changes early if he feels its necessary.

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

Imagine he'll get a good 20+ mins in place of one of Wilbs or Odemwingie; whether we are winning, looking for a winner or trying to get back into it, Kodjia will be a useful threat to throw on to stretch them late on.

No doubt. I'm not against it. Maybe I'm overthinking it but seems playing it up to Wilbs all game might play into a poor Bolton side's hands a bit. Also we've all seen Kodjia have poor season most the year and this seems like the best team for playing quick balls and we won't have our best and quickest striker playing. As long as we win I don't care but just throwing my opinion out there. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No doubt. I'm not against it. Maybe I'm overthinking it but seems playing it up to Wilbs all game might play into a poor Bolton side's hands a bit. Also we've all seen Kodjia have poor season most the year and this seems like the best team for playing quick balls and we won't have our best and quickest striker playing. As long as we win I don't care but just throwing my opinion out there. 

I didn't mean poor season for Kodjia. Meant the team has missed chances to feed him quicker and this team seems suited for it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I didn't mean poor season for Kodjia. Meant the team has missed chances to feed him quicker and this team seems suited for it.

I was going to pick up on that "poor season" comment until you corrected it! ;)

Think Kodjia's raw energy will be an asset against them late on regardless of the state of play, while the nous of Wilbs and Odemwingie, coupled with the speed of passing that midfield is capable of might help us keep Bolton from doing what other teams have down at the gate and keep us at arms length.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think we'll get an early goal today; after watching the Fulham game, I think this line up will generate opportunities, and with the experience we've got up front today (and I also include Tomlin in this) I think we'll get our noses in front.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, samo II said:

I was going to pick up on that "poor season" comment until you corrected it! ;)

Think Kodjia's raw energy will be an asset against them late on regardless of the state of play, while the nous of Wilbs and Odemwingie, coupled with the speed of passing that midfield is capable of might help us keep Bolton from doing what other teams have down at the gate and keep us at arms length.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think we'll get an early goal today; after watching the Fulham game, I think this line up will generate opportunities, and with the experience we've got up front today (and I also include Tomlin in this) I think we'll get our noses in front.

Hope so. I'd be dreadful if we lose to Bolton at home in front of a 2 week international break.