IGNORED

Picture Quiz...Name the players

BobbyC

4 hours ago, Malago said:

I remember an opening game of the season when we lost to Cardiff 1-0.  Toshack scored the winner, 67/68?  Could be that game.

We played Cardiff at home early season in 65-66 (D 1-1), 66-67 (L 1-2) and 67-68 (D 1-1). In all three Gibson, Briggs and Connor were in the City team. In 69-70 (L 0-3) again played them early season but Alec Briggs and Jack Connor had been replaced by Brian Drysdale and Dickie Rooks.

I can't remember if we wore red shorts in 65-66 but I think we did in the other two years. So imo, it is a toss up between 66-67 and 67-68. Did Toshack play in both?

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Whatever happened to those (always light blue) "invalid vehicles"?

I often ask myself the very same question Mr Hucker. When I see large 4x4s parked in the disabled parking spaces at the local Asda ;).

I also think back with fondness to the half time entertainment of new cars driving round the edge of the pitch with their lights flashing.

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Possibly one of the most unsafe vehicles ever produced, they would blow over in a strong wind. Also how did anyone ever think that it was safe to just park them around the pitch with players sliding into tackles all the time. It's amazing there weren't more problems. :)

No Health and Safety in those days!

13 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Here's one from a few years earlier. A bit grainy but shows flats being built plus the old stand and the original floodlights.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images6LDGIKFN.jpg

If that was now, somebody would moan 'why does it just say Bristol, bloody Bristol Sport'.

...although it may just be the second word does not just show through.....

20 hours ago, kingswood red said:

Here's one from the following season

aug 24 1969.jpg

18 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Dickie Rooks ,Toshack, Parr & Gibson

Agreed, but who's the 4th City player behind Toshack?

Funny position to be in, but looks a bit like Gerry Sharpe to me.

Archived