IGNORED

What a joke - trying to book season ticket

sh1t_ref_again

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Questions for those who have used the phone - does it tell you what number you are in the queue?

Assume it's not the previous phone system where people got to a mailbox message before being cut off?

No indication of where you are in the queue.

It doesn't cut you off - I got through after 50 mins!

Just re-watched the Bristol Sport video on how to do it online to see if it would clear things up...and it didn't. It's a bit contradictory.

For the 'Renew but move seats' scenario the girl mentions that you ignore the 'Click here to renew your seat' option' and instead purchase your new seats via the 'Add to Basket' route.

I don't think it is as simple as this because later on in the video, when she is explaining how to renew your existing seat she says you can select 'No I will not renew' from the dropdown which will "release your seat and allow you to then buy another one".

So my guess is that you do the dropdown thingy first...and then attempt the 'Add basket' route. God knows if that's correct.

Be handy if someone could confirm the correct method before next Tuesday for me...

3 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

Just re-watched the Bristol Sport video on how to do it online to see if it would clear things up...and it didn't. It's a bit contradictory.

For the 'Renew but move seats' scenario the girl mentions that you ignore the 'Click here to renew your seat' option' and instead purchase your new seats via the 'Add to Basket' route.

I don't think it is as simple as this because later on in the video, when she is explaining how to renew your existing seat she says you can select 'No I will not renew' from the dropdown which will "release your seat and allow you to then buy another one".

So my guess is that you do the dropdown thingy first...and then attempt the 'Add basket' route. God knows if that's correct.

Be handy if someone could confirm the correct method before next Tuesday for me...

I queried this on the Mark Kelly Q&A section a few days ago, unfortunately he has not put a reply up. Would have been handy before tickets went on sale.................

6 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

I did that - the "select seats" still didn't work!

Hopefully for you, this will be fixed by next Tuesday?!

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

I queried this on the Mark Kelly Q&A section a few days ago, unfortunately he has not put a reply up. Would have been handy before tickets went on sale.................

I queried the video at the time, I get the impression that the people who made the video didn't understand how it worked for people changing to another stand, that's why they concentrated on how to renew an existing seat which was always going to be the simplest scenario. I reckon the software was only made available a few days ago and hasn't been properly tested. They should have time to put it right for the next lot.

1 minute ago, flipflopcity said:

Has anyone tried to use my previous quote from Sue at BCFC as follows

Has anyone managed to take Sue's avise .." say you don't want to renew your current seats so you then get an option to move...  "  and then been able to book tickets in the new stand ?

One of my friends tried it that way and still didn't work

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

I queried the video at the time, I get the impression that the people who made the video didn't understand how it worked for people changing to another stand, that's why they concentrated on how to renew an existing seat which was always going to be the simplest scenario. I reckon the software was only made available a few days ago and hasn't been properly tested. They should have time to put it right for the next lot.

I hope they do, that's my lot!

I agree it certainly looks untested. Unfortunately City never seem to test new systems before going live, their IT management is woeful.

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/online-season-card-renewals-update/

We are aware of a problem online with our ticketing site that is preventing fans from purchasing season cards in blocks W12 to W18 (inclusive).

We are as frustrated as you are and are working hard with our ticketing provider to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Please rest assured that with just under three thousand football fans and just over a thousand rugby supporters eligible to buy in this first period, there is plenty of space in the Lower West Stand to cater for demand.

The reason for planning our season card renewals in phases is to ensure that we allow fans the time to purchase the seat they want.

This first priority period is for 2014/15 Williams seat holders to return to the West Stand or renew their existing seat. The second priority period begins at 10am Monday, April 4th.

Please be aware we are also operating extended phone lines during the five sales periods.  These are: Monday to Thursday 9am to 8pm and Fridays/ weekday matchdays 9am to 5pm.

Naturally the phone lines are experiencing a high volume of calls and you will be asked to call back if our queue limit is at its maximum in order to prevent you from excessive wait times on the phone.

We thank you for your patience and we will issue another update as soon as we know the ticketing issue has been resolved.

The people who followed the club's advice and tried to buy online have lost out since while they were trying in vain to get the system to work the best seats were snapped up by the people who used the phone. Maybe the club should release some of the prime seats in the upper stand and make them available to those who missed out today?

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The people who followed the club's advice and tried to buy online have lost out since while they were trying in vain to get the system to work the best seats were snapped up by the people who used the phone. Maybe the club should release some of the prime seats in the upper stand and make them available to those who missed out today?

I would imagine their response would be that there was a choice to book online or over the phone and that everyone had that option.

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

I would imagine their response would be that there was a choice to book online or over the phone and that everyone had that option.

Yes but both systems should have worked and the club asked people to use online so the phones wouldn't get swamped, it's unfair that those who acted as the club asked may have lost out. They have the means to put it right so should do. I know you're very smug because you got the seats you wanted by not following the club's advice, but why not consider some of your fellow supporters who haven't been so fortunate?

Having gone for seats in Block W17 (the only ones available online earlier in the day) and then seeing Bristol Sport's notice about system problems I phoned and on eventually getting through was able to switch into Block 13 (at extra cost obviously !) without any hassle. What a surprise that was !!

Archived