IGNORED

Team Photo

Tinmans Love Child

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I can't believe a team photo won't be done, it's a record of the season to be looked back on in the future, laughing at the silly haircuts etc get one done City!!!

All them beards and tattoos, would def be a colourful one

4 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Remember when all the youth use to sit on the grass? At the front, with all their legs crossed 

That was Steve Coppell's instructions.:shocking:

14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

This is what you call a team photo. Who can name all of the players?

image.jpeg

I'll have a go at some

2 is Tony Ford, next to him might be Trevor Jacobs (or he might be next to Alex Briggs)

3 is Alec Briggs

4 is Chuck Drury, on his right is Gordon Parr, don't know who is on his left

5 is Jack Connor, on his right is George Showell, no idea who is on his left

6 is Gordon Low, on his right is a young Trevor Tainton, don't know who is on his right

7 is Ray Savino, standing next to Jantzen Derrick

8 is the man himself, but don't know who is next to him

9 is Terry Bush with Steve Stacey on his left, but don't know who is on his tight

10 is Brian Clark with Gerry Sharpe on his right, but don't know who is on his left

11 is Lou Peters, with Peter Hooper on his right and a young Danny Bartley on his left.

I love Les Bardsley's white coat!!

37 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'll have a go at some

2 is Tony Ford, next to him might be Trevor Jacobs (or he might be next to Alex Briggs)

3 is Alec Briggs

6 is Gordon Low, on his right is a young Trevor Tainton, don't know who is on his right

9 is Terry Bush with Steve Stacey on his left, but don't know who is on his tight

10 is Brian Clark with Gerry Sharpe on his right, but don't know who is on his left

11 is Lou Peters, with Peter Hooper on his right and a young Danny Bartley on his left.

Isn't Chris Garland there?

41 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'll have a go at some

3 is Alec Briggs

1. Gibbo could be John Macey  to his right

5. Peter Amos?

8. next to the man himself - Chris Garland

9. Dickie Downes?

10. Johnie Giles?

Brsitol Schools reached the English Schools final in 1963 but lost to Stoke. I think  10 of the side signed for City and Dennis Bees signed for the Rovers.

Found a link to the programme of the match that was played at Eastville. Can't remember exact attendance but think it was in excess of 10K.

http://www.footballzone.co.uk/Bristol-Boys-V-Stoke-Boys-1963-Schools-Trophy-Final-At-Eastville

Could be a couple more of the team on the team photo.

2 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Brsitol Schools reached the English Schools final in 1963 but lost to Stoke. I think  10 of the side signed for City and Dennis Bees signed for the Rovers.

Found a link to the programme of the match that was played at Eastville. Can't remember exact attendance but think it was in excess of 10K.

http://www.footballzone.co.uk/Bristol-Boys-V-Stoke-Boys-1963-Schools-Trophy-Final-At-Eastville

Could be a couple more of the team on the team photo.

Looking at Stoke's team I expect that's future Stoke player, and short term City manager, Dennis Smith at no.3.

I'm pretty sure my football card collection of the late 60's had a John Marsh (no.2) playing First division football for Stoke as well, though admittedly that's probably stretching the interest level for most on OTIB!.

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Looking at Stoke's team I expect that's future Stoke player, and short term City manager, Dennis Smith at no.3.

I'm pretty sure my football card collection of the late 60's had a John Marsh (no.2) playing First division football for Stoke as well, though admittedly that's probably stretching the interest level for most on OTIB!.

Yep, sure your correct on both counts.

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'll have a go at some

3 is Alec Briggs

Excellent attempt.  A couple more: 

Behind the person next to Tony Ford (no. 2) is Harry Dolman, in a suit.

To the right of Gordon Low (no. 6) is manage Fred Ford in the tracksuit.

Interesting mix of old and new kit, but in those days each player didn't have his own number, so the club just needed the basic set with numbers 1 to 11 (with one sub in when this picture was taken?)

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Excellent attempt.  A couple more: 

Behind the person next to Tony Ford (no. 2) is Harry Dolman, in a suit.

To the right of Gordon Low (no. 6) is manage Fred Ford in the tracksuit.

Interesting mix of old and new kit, but in those days each player didn't have his own number, so the club just needed the basic set with numbers 1 to 11 (with one sub in when this picture was taken?)

Think the kit may signify a bit of status. Those in red shirts and shorts are the "First Team" squad. White shorts " Reserves and Youth team pros ".

Archived