IGNORED

What do you do when you hit rock bottom.

Dynamite Red

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Have a look at yourself and stop blaming everyone else but yourself  like the scumbags in this country do

Is this straight out of the Dummies Guide to Talking Shit?

I hope you never experience depression, my cousins son took his life, he was mid 20's, it's a ******* horrible illness. Pillock.

8 minutes ago, screech said:

Is this straight out of the Dummies Guide to Talking Shit?

I hope you never experience depression, my cousins son took his life, he was mid 20's, it's a ******* horrible illness. Pillock.

It is a horrible illness you pillock which is why nearly all dole bangers claim they got it,it's hard to say they haven't 

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Have a look at yourself and stop blaming everyone else but yourself  like the scumbags in this country do

Thank you for the reply, I hadn't realised I was blaming everyone else, guess I am just another scumbag.

I won't give you the pleasure of how your comments made me feel or even an iota of information of how I have ended up in my current situation due to no fault of my own. I have looked at myself for the last 20 years since dealing with these mental issues, maybe to intensely and that is half the problem.

I have worked and held down very good jobs for the majority of my life but I guess that makes not only a scumbag but a dole banger as well because currently I am unable to cope, for the record I am currently receiving zero benefit but have had to use a food bank.

Best of luck and I genuinely hope you never have to cope with any form of illness or disability that leaves you in a situation you require advice or help or a reason to reach out to people. I actually pity you and as shit as my life is right now I know that not only will this make me a better person but have the empathy and compassion that clearly you could ever lack. Sweet Dreams x

45 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Thank you for the reply, I hadn't realised I was blaming everyone else, guess I am just another scumbag.

I won't give you the pleasure of how your comments made me feel or even an iota of information of how I have ended up in my current situation due to no fault of my own. I have looked at myself for the last 20 years since dealing with these mental issues, maybe to intensely and that is half the problem.

I have worked and held down very good jobs for the majority of my life but I guess that makes not only a scumbag but a dole banger as well because currently I am unable to cope, for the record I am currently receiving zero benefit but have had to use a food bank.

Best of luck and I genuinely hope you never have to cope with any form of illness or disability that leaves you in a situation you require advice or help or a reason to reach out to people. I actually pity you and as shit as my life is right now I know that not only will this make me a better person but have the empathy and compassion that clearly you could ever lack. Sweet Dreams x

I didn't mean you,but seeing as your using food banks and still type on here using a phone or laptop I would suggest you got ur priorities wrong.sweet dreams x

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I didn't mean you,but seeing as your using food banks and still type on here using a phone or laptop I would suggest you got ur priorities wrong.sweet dreams x

I've always had an inkling you aren't the brightest but this has been confirmed now. Grow up and try to see the bigger picture.

Sorry to hear about your situation DR. Obviously every situation is different but if any time is one for support from your friends it's now. I'd reach out to your closest most trusted friends and stay with them if you can. Best of luck with it all, sounds horrible :(

6 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

DR, I'd be happy to try and help you if I can, I have some experience in this area. Have you been to the GP? You need to go to the job centre and use one of their phones to tell them what you said above, and ask to claim ESA. 

PM me if you want to, so I can direct you to the right people. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

DR, I'd be happy to try and help you if I can, I have some experience in this area. Have you been to the GP? You need to go to the job centre and use one of their phones to tell them what you said above, and ask to claim ESA. 

PM me if you want to, so I can direct you to the right people. 

Many thanks Dolls, I have sat down with the Job centre though not having an address seemed an issue. Finally after speaking with my MP they are finally processing a claim. 

I have visited the council offices at both South Glos and Bristol City after passed from pillar to post and refused homeless housing shelters due to the  owning a car as they deem that suitable accommodation for the moment, plus my anxiety is so bad it maybe a blessing in disguise. 

Last week things got so bad that the Intensive crisis team from the mental health unit stepped in but now all this information has come out my friends and family either look at you in a different light or some just cannot cope themselves and ignore you which has been the biggest shock.

Like people say little step, I shouldn't have posted the original topic but last night was so rough I just felt sick of being so isolated from society.

11 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

If life gets so miserable what would you do, homeless, jobless, estranged from your family due to anxiety and deprrssion, none of the local authorities want to help you and forced to live in your car.

What would you do?

You KEEP GOING.

Things will get better eventually.

Wipe the slate clean, you have your whole life ahead of you.

:hug:

Uncle TFR

My only advice DR would be to see each problem as an individual situation that can and will get sorted. Purposely don't look at the "big picture" and see everything as hopeless and awful. Tackle what you can, small steps at first maybe, but every journey begins with a small step.

The intelligent of us on this board know that anyone could through a series of events find themselves at "rock bottom". There but for the grace of God (or whatever) are all of us.

So, I hope you can make that piecemeal progress on the challenges you face and reach a happier place sooner rather than later.

Good luck mate.

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And I would respectfully suggest that you have a look at yourself. If you cannot contribute something to another human being that is clearly in a place you don't understand,or want to understand, then you should remove yourself from this thread before the decision is made for you.

57 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Many thanks Dolls, I have sat down with the Job centre though not having an address seemed an issue. Finally after speaking with my MP they are finally processing a claim. 

I have visited the council offices at both South Glos and Bristol City after passed from pillar to post and refused homeless housing shelters due to the  owning a car as they deem that suitable accommodation for the moment, plus my anxiety is so bad it maybe a blessing in disguise. 

Last week things got so bad that the Intensive crisis team from the mental health unit stepped in but now all this information has come out my friends and family either look at you in a different light or some just cannot cope themselves and ignore you which has been the biggest shock.

Like people say little step, I shouldn't have posted the original topic but last night was so rough I just felt sick of being so isolated from society.

I have experience of a relative with a moderate/severe mental health issue so I understand what you're going through. Especially with the crisis team/secondary intervention etc.

I am so sorry that there are people who either troll for attention or are just generally narrow-minded on here. It disappoints me to know that these uneducated people aren't really getting a full grasp of the world and its issues.

I see you've already applied for ESA. Please make sure you are placed in the appropriate group. Work group is for people deemed to require support returning to work after treatment. Support group is for people who are deemed unable to return to work at all. 

Also, consider applying for PIP. This is the new DLA, and has two components. Daily living and mobility. And both components are paid at standard rate or enhanced. In the case of my relative, they have no mobility issues so isn't entitled in that respect, but they get enhanced daily living.

And for the moaners, my relative's spouse DOESN'T claim carers allowance (when they are more than entitled to) as they feel it is their job to look after their ill partner.

Get well soon DR. Little steps fella but one day, this will look like a bad dream.

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ffs ... Duncan-Smith  - I thought we'd seen the back of you! 

(for J.J.T. read I.D.'dont give Atos' S)  .... shameful & sad attitude J J T  

I suffered (well still do to an extent) depression for most of my life, the worst time being when I spent almost 4 years not leaving my house apart from food shopping once a month (late at night to avoid having to see/meet people). I ate through my live savings in those years on rent/food never claiming money/signing on because... well depression, it makes you feel unworthy, un-needed, an totally unable to cope. Looking back I just wish I had seen my GP a lot sooner, they put me on medication, signed paperwork that I handed into the job centre meaning I could claim whilst not looking for work or going through the stress of having to go to the job centre to sign on for 6 months. I don't know how things are handled now, but the GP was the first step in getting my life back on track.

On 03/04/2016 at 02:44, joe jordans teeth said:

Beyond belief :facepalm:

On 03/04/2016 at 11:45, WhistleHappy said:

Ffs ... Duncan-Smith  - I thought we'd seen the back of you! 

(for J.J.T. read I.D.'dont give Atos' S)  .... shameful & sad attitude J J T  

Nasty case of Irritable D1ckhead Syndrome, I'm afraid :(

It's all about anchors!!! Get some physiological anchors out quick. Even small ones will help secure you - like visiting a favourite place. Eventually, they will provide some traction to rebuild your life. 

Golden retreiver was a godsend as well :-) bless her. 

Best of luck. 

Many thanks for the kind replies, I am setting myself daily goals and seem to be achieving them, like people say step by step.

The biggest obstacle and most mentally taxing seems to be getting any sort of accommodation sorted. I am meeting South Glos council Friday as I seem to have zero hope with Bristol City Council becuase they are so overloaded with people in my situation.

I was discharged today from the intensive mental health crisis team and  I am now in the hands of other mental health departments and charities to help finally deal with my anxiety and depression. I am feeling stronger each day and refuse to let this beat me. Sorry for the rambling and this was not the best place to reach out but I am glad I did, some of the personal messages I have received have been very supportive.

Thank you.

My wife worked for the Crisis Team and has been on the other side of the fence, so I have some idea where you're coming from with this. Apart from the odd idiot, you'll get help and encouragement here, so feel free to talk.

Whatever else we might disagree about you can pretty much guarantee folks on here will try and help if someone`s in trouble whether it`s by relating their own experiences and how they`re trying to deal with them or just supporting someone who needs it.

Just keep going with those baby steps mate and you`ll get there in the end.

Archived