IGNORED

New Bountyhunter fanzine on sale Rotherham & Wednesday games

Merrick's Marvels

the boys called into the Welly, rooksbridge for a beer or 2 :) and its very clear that they have a passion for their fanzine. Laughed so hard at times reading their publication, that there could have been accidents ;).  Hope it continues to grow for them.

4 hours ago, grubby said:

the boys called into the Welly, rooksbridge for a beer or 2 :) and its very clear that they have a passion for their fanzine. Laughed so hard at times reading their publication, that there could have been accidents ;).  Hope it continues to grow for them.

Cheers, Steve! (Tony here).

You'll find yourself and Steve H (plus Gabi...and a cast of 90s heroes & villains) in this issue. Top night that was down your pub, the Welly: highly recommended to all City fans down Somerset way. Pop in to the Wellington Arms, Rooksbridge, where you'll be afforded a warm welcome. Just watch out for 'The Ditch' aka 'The Heritage Ditch' (please see the article in the latest issue for further details...)

You Reds!

I like that: "stuff that seemed normal" !

What, like going up of a Tuesday night to Sunderland (Roker Park, none of this Stadium of Blight rubbish), going to a pub after the game on Roker Park Road and then, blind drunk, not being able to find the Roker Park Rd Hotel after that? Yup, that was normal alright!!!!!

It's a very good question, frampton balti. And one that has no definitive answer.

In 1988, with Issue 1, there weren't many club fanzines around and many had the most duff of names (York City's was called Terrace Talk!) whilst others were simply a play on words (QP's A Kick Up The Rs being a good example, although I don't remember if they were around in 88) or just named after something to do with the club (King of the Kippax).

The Bountyhunter seemed as good a name as any, as I remember it. Although, him whose baby it is might recall differently, but he's passed on...

48 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

It's a very good question, frampton balti. And one that has no definitive answer.

In 1988, with Issue 1, there weren't many club fanzines around and many had the most duff of names (York City's was called Terrace Talk!) whilst others were simply a play on words (QP's A Kick Up The Rs being a good example, although I don't remember if they were around in 88) or just named after something to do with the club (King of the Kippax).

The Bountyhunter seemed as good a name as any, as I remember it. Although, him whose baby it is might recall differently, but he's passed on...

tis a good name. thanks enclosure surge . I will be sure to pick up a copy on Saturday. Atb balti.

Archived