IGNORED

Team for tomorrow night.

stephenkibby.

14 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I thought R O'D was not up to his usual standards on Saturday.  

Letting 4 in is never a good reflection, but it would have easily been at least six if it wasn't for some of the fantastic saves he made in the first half.

Anyway, in regards to the team we need more steel in midfield. Pack can muck in with the tackling at times but he shouldn't be relied upon. Reid shouldn't start, but perhaps be brought on later as this is where he tends to excel. Put Tomlin on the left wing, looked far more dangerous than LF in that spot. I think Wilbraham should start so that he can unsettle the opposition and create space for Fat Messi and Odemwingie to run into. Perhaps if we need someone strong in the tackle and capable of playing the ball we could try Ayling? Probably a risk in such a huge game but Saturday really showed how we need a presence in midfield who can play this role now Smith probably won't be risked, and LJ has already spoken of it in the past. 

As for the back 4: Golbourne on the left, Matthews on the right with Flint and Baker in the centre. Nathan had a bit of a shocker on Saturday but he'll be willing to put that behind him and he has put in more good performances for us than bad ones. Put Kodjia on around the 60th so he's fresh and can terrorise the tiring Rotherham defence, who will also have to deal with a change in playstyle after having to deal with AW. Bryan for a possible sub on the left if Fat Messi gets tired.

Also, sub in Wagstaff at some point. No reason. I just really love Scott Wagstaff. Wait what? I've already called for three potential substitutions? Oh well the ref won't mind he'll just want to meet Scott Wagstaff

Fully believe Smith will start. Tweaked something on Saturday so wasn't risked against Hull with a view that the Rotherham game was far more important. Fancy Wilbs will start over Kodjia as PO prefers to play with him. Cant see any more changes. That side will be too good for Colin's lot.  

34 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Fully believe Smith will start. Tweaked something on Saturday so wasn't risked against Hull with a view that the Rotherham game was far more important. Fancy Wilbs will start over Kodjia as PO prefers to play with him. Cant see any more changes. That side will be too good for Colin's lot.  

If our top goalscorer doesn't start in the most vital game of the season and Wilbs does, quite honestly I'd eat my season card. Never happening in a million years 

29 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

If our top goalscorer doesn't start in the most vital game of the season and Wilbs does, quite honestly I'd eat my season card. Never happening in a million years 

Well he didn't start against Bolton. Wasn't on the pitch when we came back from behind against Fulham. We've played better without him recently.

49 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Well he didn't start against Bolton. Wasn't on the pitch when we came back from behind against Fulham. We've played better without him recently.

Very true however the Fulham game he was brought off due to a change of shape and in the Bolton game still come on and scored 2?

I just feel however frustrating he is, he can win us the game as he has so many times this year..

8 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Rotherham tend to sit back then catch teams on the break. Kodjia's good on the break but there won't be many opportunities for that tonight, more likely we'll have to resort to long balls so we'll need Wilbs.

9 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

I thought R O'D was not up to his usual standards on Saturday.  

Really? His usual standard must be world class then because he was the only thing between us and a 4-0 half time deficit.

Possibly he needs to take the blame for the fourth goal but it would have been five or six with a different keeper.

Wilbraham to start tonight -  Kodjia off the bench will be more influential I feel.

Yes Jimmy is our top scorer, but the way certain teams set up doesn't suit his style of play and he spends the game totally on the fringes - in such an important game such as tonight, we cannot afford that.

11 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

LJ said he's going to make changes, maybe Frankie back in goal, Freeman, I reckon Wilbs will start ahead of Kodjia, maybe Ayling will get a look-in if Smith not available?

ROD comes off of his line far better than FF, if they are more direct under Warnock then we will need that.

44 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Rotherham tend to sit back then catch teams on the break. Kodjia's good on the break but there won't be many opportunities for that tonight, more likely we'll have to resort to long balls so we'll need Wilbs.

Totally agree with starting Wilbs , even thpugh I'm not his biggest fan , will be useful both ends of the pitch. Rov'rum seem to concede possession and sit in so crosses into the box should be plentiful . 

May be too early for Korey , bring him on when we've won the game (:fingerscrossed:)

I'd start LF on the left , just to see if he looks more comfotable. Don't think it would phase PO to switch.

Archived