IGNORED

Parking ticket around Cumberland Basin

Port Said Red

My daughter went to the game last night with her friend using my ticket as I was away. They parked where we park every match day, it is difficult to describe but we park off the road next to some chains for private parking but without blocking any entrances. It underneath the section of road that leads up onto the flyover. Last night she got a parking ticket, it refers to Grenville Place although I can't find a name for that piece of road on Google maps, it indicates it is the loop that takes you off the flyover and down onto Cumberland Basin. There are a lot of us that park there all the time, I see the same cars every week, It is a good spot for us as it allows easy access onto the Portway to get back to Portishead after the game, if they are going to start ticketing us there though, I don't know where else I can conveniently park in future. 

I was wondering if anyone else had a ticket? Or whether she has parked in slightly the wrong place and caused an obstruction?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

My daughter went to the game last night with her friend using my ticket as I was away. They parked where we park every match day, it is difficult to describe but we park off the road next to some chains for private parking but without blocking any entrances. It underneath the section of road that leads up onto the flyover. Last night she got a parking ticket, it refers to Grenville Place although I can't find a name for that piece of road on Google maps, it indicates it is the loop that takes you off the flyover and down onto Cumberland Basin. There are a lot of us that park there all the time, I see the same cars every week, It is a good spot for us as it allows easy access onto the Portway to get back to Portishead after the game, if they are going to start ticketing us there though, I don't know where else I can conveniently park in future. 

I was wondering if anyone else had a ticket? Or whether she has parked in slightly the wrong place and caused an obstruction?

She's a woman so most likely parked in the wrong place.....:whistle2:

If you intend to park there on Sat. then have a look for signs etc regarding any parking restrictions. If none take photos and appeal. 

They can make mistakes. I once had a ticket which placed me in a different road to where I was parked. I appealed an the ticket was cancelled.

I had my car lifted from there and taken to the pound not too long ago!! Not a ticket, they took my car and charged me a fortune to release it.

There are double yellow lines there but your car is parked safely, well away from the road - the most annoying thing is that if common sense prevailed, they'd leave the chained car parks open for City fans to use, it would take away a lot of the parking problems as the area is ideally located.

Frustrating to say the least :(

29 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Out of interest who issued the ticket, (Police, council or private?) and did it state the reason why it was issued?

Says Council, first thing I checked was that it wasn't from one of those dodgy privateers.

It doesn't help I know but I'd blame that cock Ferguson.

What he's done in his tenure has been a disgrace and makes me bloody cross whenever I return home.

Where there was once adequate parking there are now bike lanes. Unused as most still cycle on the path.

And as for renaming The Count's Louse.....

More of a cock than Warnock and Ward put together.....

2 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Worth reading if you feel it's unfair:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/parking-ticket-appeals

Yes I have seen this stuff before, I work around the country a lot so I have had a few run in's over the years, thanks though, always handy to have a reminder.

We used to park in exactly that area last season and then had a couple of council issued parking tickets, ultimately decided that £70 a pop (£35 if paid within 14 days I recall) was becoming too expensive, haven't parked there since! I did appeal to the council and receive a slightly snotty response saying that, even though I'd parked on a remote walkway that nobody uses alongside a double yellow line, I was still in contravention of the no waiting restriction. Worse thing about this is that, as ever on match days, they hide around the corner until kick off and then slime over and joyfully ticket us football fans, b******s! 

41 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not only that, but the illuminated traffic information signs say Center rather than Centre.  Does Ferguson think he is Mayor of some US city?

The first thing he did was rename the Council House to City Hall.

What does that tell you?

Parking is something that the club need to address. Is a decent park and ride service on the cards any time soon? We parked at the cricket club for the first time in ages, got away very quickly and we were happy to give them the money. We'll be parking there again.

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

What does that tell you?

He's a cock.

I was shocked when on a return to my home town I saw that it had been renamed. What a Warnock I thought to myself.

The unicorns must have pissed themselves :yes:

20 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Should it say Greville Place? If it says Grenville Place does that make it invalid?

No I checked it because I didn't realise it had a separate name, I thought it was an extension of Cumberland Road but it looks correct. 

I would think an agreement with the local community could a provide pragmatic parking policy. It's daft to assume everyone near Ashton Gate resents football Sarurdays.

I get to more away games than homes games. In comparison Ashton gate is a headache for parking. However I love that we have a stadium in the city, the same location since I started going 30 years ago and not in those soulless locations like MK Dons, Reading (was it Colchester last year where I parked in a drive-through McDonalds on the edge of a motorway going nowhere?) 

Maybe the club could make a formal arrangement with the spare capacity that isn't used at week-ends, such the chained off parking you refer to, local business units, supermarkets and the Bedminster Cricket club I dare not revisit. When the stadium is at capacity it's not going to work to tell away fans or fairweathers like myself to get near enough and hope for the best when it's a 3 hour there and 3 hour back from London. I think they need a club parking option if we get bigger. Maybe that is their own land or some kind of agreement with the local community. The situation at the moment, since the tightening of parking is a problem

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

What does that tell you?

Red trousers is Batman in disguise? ...... Once the Council (Go them) House, forever The Council House as far as most Bristolians are concerned, mind you if George fancies heading off to Gothem (renamed it in advance for you George) and taking a few local Jokers with him I'm sure he'd be f * * * ing off with our best wishes, & cheers ringing in his ears.

Archived