IGNORED

By my maths...

Tinmans Love Child

...MK can only get a maximum of 15 points from remaining 5 games, they are 10 behind us.  If they lose 1 more game the maximum points they can achieve is 12.  Therefore all we need to do is win 1 more game and MK would HAVE to win all 5 of their remaining games to catch us (even if we lost the other 4).  They have only won 9 in 41 so far losing 23.  Never going to happen.  Looking forward to the Championship next season!  COYR!!!

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

...MK can only get a maximum of 15 points from remaining 5 games, they are 10 behind us.  If they lose 1 more game the maximum points they can achieve is 12.  Therefore all we need to do is win 1 more game and MK would HAVE to win all 5 of their remaining games to catch us (even if we lost the other 4).  They have only won 9 in 41 so far losing 23.  Never going to happen.  Looking forward to the Championship next season!  COYR!!!

MK have won one of their last ten.

It is all over...

1 minute ago, hay dens party said:

can't stand the guy always goings-on about having no money and the best thing about it is, Maynard is going down with him.

Tbf look at their side? It's dogs hit they would struggle in league1 

Cant think of side that has got promoted then become a far far weaker side

12 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I feel a bit sorry for Karl Robinson....had dele alli and Afobe last season and look at their squad now.

Their owner hasn't done them any favours at all.

Last season Karl Robinson accused City of "cherry picking all of  league 1 better players" on account of our billionaire owner. Very jealous and resentful I thought. 

Maybe the MK Dons owner ( whoever it is ) isn't prepared to support KR financially - hence the sale of their better players.

Just now, Londoner said:

Tbf look at their side? It's dogs hit they would struggle in league1 

Cant think of side that has got promoted then become a far far weaker side

we had a weaker squad at the start of the season than the one we went up with thanks to Cotts. But then got quality in through the transfer windows with little money spent ,thank god. No reason Robinson couldn't do the same. Instead of that he brought in below average players who have failed to adapt. Judge a manager on his signings.

20 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I feel a bit sorry for Karl Robinson....had dele alli and Afobe last season and look at their squad now.

Their owner hasn't done them any favours at all.

The owner has invested the Alli transfer money a new training ground / complex - with a longer term view for the  future - something we were praising Burnley for

You can't really argue about the MK owner he's MK through and through. If you cut him In half there would be a roundabout in there. What ever views are about the history of the club pretty much everything from the stadium has been essentially financed by Winckleman. As for Robinson he's a bell so back to L1 son..ta ta.

Although the lack of spending last pre season has made it a rocky road this season, it's probably worked in the clubs, and SLs, favour financially, surely there is now plenty of cash in the transfer kitty for next season, we havnt racked up more debt, we have the makings of a good team with a core of players who have been with the club a few seasons now, the stadium will be complete, and we are an established Championship team on the up! 

Winkleman really is not that rich. When he gets money he puts it in to infrastructure from what I can see. He is a good deal maker, much of the cost of their ground was met by the Council being very supportive on planning permissions, as well as doing deals that meant the next door Asda had to pretty much pay for the stadium to get the permission for themselves. A supportive Council?

Difference between us is when the Chips were down we could bring in a few players of quality. They could not.

46 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

we had a weaker squad at the start of the season than the one we went up with thanks to Cotts. But then got quality in through the transfer windows with little money spent ,thank god. No reason Robinson couldn't do the same. Instead of that he brought in below average players who have failed to adapt. Judge a manager on his signings.

...and yet people on here were going mad when they signed some unknown Preuvian International....who's since gone back to Peru.  It ain't easy to bring in quality on a restricted wage budget.

Still don't like Robinson though.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Last season Karl Robinson accused City of "cherry picking all of  league 1 better players" on account of our billionaire owner. Very jealous and resentful I thought. 

Maybe the MK Dons owner ( whoever it is ) isn't prepared to support KR financially - hence the sale of their better players.

Winkelwoman and Robindaughter will be most welcome trying to get the title next season; clearly it was unfinished business for them.

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Although the lack of spending last pre season has made it a rocky road this season, it's probably worked in the clubs, and SLs, favour financially, surely there is now plenty of cash in the transfer kitty for next season, we havnt racked up more debt, we have the makings of a good team with a core of players who have been with the club a few seasons now, the stadium will be complete, and we are an established Championship team on the up! 

Tin hat at the ready... We are not an established championship side. We are a newly promoted side that has survived pretty much by the fact there are enough teams worse than us!

37 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Tin hat at the ready... We are not an established championship side. We are a newly promoted side that has survived pretty much by the fact there are enough teams worse than us!

We spent a good couple of years in the Championship then spent two years out and it now looks likely we are going to see us extend our run in the Championship to two seasons at least.

Established is a funny word, what criteria has to be met in order to be an established Championship side? Established to me are teams that are pretty mediocre, never pull up any trees but never really in danger of relegation. The Championship is such a diverse competitive league that a solid established side could easily find themselves relegated next season. Charlton for many years were a established side, as were Wolves etc.

I wouldn't like us to be an established side, I would like us to be a a progressive competitive Championship side. You need to improve and take small steps each year. Otherwise things go stale and relegation then becomes a risk.

However it looks like next season we are likely to be a more established Championship side than the likes of Villa etc.

In all honesty every single season whatever league we are in I always hope we are competing at the top end of the table and hope for us to win every match. I'm content we have retained our status and appeared to have built some solid foundations for the future.

Imagine just being mid table every season? I would hate that personally.

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Don't you just love probability? It's so unpredictable.

Arithmetic, as simple as 2 + 2

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Doesn't every team that survives in this league do so because there are 3 worse teams?

It's a bit like a pack running from a lion - you don't have to be the fastest to not get eaten you just don't want to be the slowest.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Doesn't every team that survives in this league do so because there are 3 worse teams?

It's a bit like a pack running from a lion - you don't have to be the fastest to not get eaten you just don't want to be the slowest.

And by the same token the team that finishes top does so because there are 23 worse teams!

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Fair point, I think you know what I mean though. Until LJ came in we were very lucky not to have been dead and buried and another season we might have been. The time we did actually go down last, all the teams around us really fought hard to survive and wasn't it a relatively high points total for safety that season?

It will take something out of the ordinary for us to be relegated.

I am so chuffed MK Dons are heading back to League 1. I just detest the Karl Robinson, horrible man. Love one of his comments from him yesterday "I don't think it's fair to boo me individually, I don't agree with that. " Well Mr Robinson, I do. bye bye.

11 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Your not established after one season,a good three years for that claim-plus its only the loanees+their experience that has kept us here.

13 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To put it another way, MK can only afford to lose one more match this season. It seems unlikely given their form but stranger things have happened...

Archived