IGNORED

By my maths...

Tinmans Love Child

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

I feel a bit sorry for Karl Robinson....had dele alli and Afobe last season and look at their squad now.

Their owner hasn't done them any favours at all.

Karl Robinson is overrated. When you consider the quality he had last season, they should have been much closer to us:cool:

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

7 out of last 10 seasons we have been in the Championship, we are hardly an established League 1 side are we?  For me the clock doesn't get reset every time you get relegated

I think you can call yourselves an established side when relegation would be a shock

Id be disappointed if we went down next year, but it wouldn't be a shock

if we're working reasonable reach of the play-offs with 10 games to go next year, it'll be a damn good season

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

We are safe BUT, I would like none of the City staff and players to take this for granted; lets be professional and treat every game as a relegation decider between now and the end of the season - finish the season as high as possible.

Our mind set needs to be push on , even though relegation is an outside possibility, we need to impress future signings and show the players we want to keep that we are on the up .

There is also a small matter of more prize money the higher a club finishes unless i'm very much mistaken.

10 hours ago, Just Red said:

We spent a good couple of years in the Championship then spent two years out and it now looks likely we are going to see us extend our run in the Championship to two seasons at least.

Established is a funny word, what criteria has to be met in order to be an established Championship side? Established to me are teams that are pretty mediocre, never pull up any trees but never really in danger of relegation. The Championship is such a diverse competitive league that a solid established side could easily find themselves relegated next season. Charlton for many years were a established side, as were Wolves etc.

I wouldn't like us to be an established side, I would like us to be a a progressive competitive Championship side. You need to improve and take small steps each year. Otherwise things go stale and relegation then becomes a risk.

However it looks like next season we are likely to be a more established Championship side than the likes of Villa etc.

In all honesty every single season whatever league we are in I always hope we are competing at the top end of the table and hope for us to win every match. I'm content we have retained our status and appeared to have built some solid foundations for the future.

Imagine just being mid table every season? I would hate that personally.

Progressive Competitive?

Mark Ashton, is that you?

Archived