IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

You have completely lost me. For avoidance of doubt I was commenting saying you were wrong about the photo shoot being this late and wrong about the kit being worn when we play Huddersfield. Obviously the events of yesterday may change events but as things stand you will have to take my word. Infact if you don't believe me that's fine too, no worries.

Nope it was purely guesswork based on previous years when we've evidently been better organised. I'll take your word for it happily!

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Think RSG may have something to say about that....  They sponsored us for the season, not 22 home games of it!  That alone guarantees that this won't happen.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I was told they were going to release Monday and 'prowdley' show it off vs Huddersfield

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Right - the kit doesn't appeal, I hate the # and I wait and wish for the day the robin returns

Now, back to my usual end of season rant. PLEASE CHANGE THE NAME & NUMBER FONT

I've hated it from day one, and I continue to hate it. It must have been around for 10 seasons, time for a freshen up. I like the font United use in Europe

I know it's not a City thing, it's a FL thing, but it's ******* horrible. I feel the need to tweet the FL about it, please feel free to join my one man crusade.....please? :boxing:

Corrr that font really grinds my gears as well. Lucky the football league (or EFL as it will be called) has just gone through a rebrand and hopefully we'll get new name and number typography next season.

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx

17 minutes ago, lambo said:

Corrr that font really grinds my gears as well. Lucky the football league (or EFL as it will be called) has just gone through a rebrand and hopefully we'll get new name and number typography next season.

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx

Good spot, I'd missed that! Fingers crossed!

It's the 'n' and the 7 that really boils my piss. The 'n' isn't a capital and who writes 7 like that? Just get rid of

For what it is worth, whatever you think of the new kit (hashtags and the such) at least it is unique to us and not a generic design from Adidas or Nike used by half the teams in the football league. When I read all the furore on here last night about how bad the kit was I was expecting far far worse than what I have seen on the clubs twitter this morning. It's funny how the purple and lime kit of last season made us a laughing stock for much of the league so why is everybody so concerned about other clubs opinions now?

3 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

For what it is worth, whatever you think of the new kit (hashtags and the such) at least it is unique to us and not a generic design from Adidas or Nike used by half the teams in the football league. When I read all the furore on here last night about how bad the kit was I was expecting far far worse than what I have seen on the clubs twitter this morning. It's funny how the purple and lime kit of last season made us a laughing stock for much of the league so why is everybody so concerned about other clubs opinions now?

Because we liked it, so it didn't matter. Don't think P+L made us a laughing stock, people just commented on it. Hashtags are tacky, unnecessary and look naff. It's not about other clubs opinions, it's about our opinions. If they'd polled all the season ticket holders I'd guess less than 1% would have been supportive of hashtags.

35 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I was told they were going to release Monday and 'prowdley' show it off vs Huddersfield

Looks like the club have had to react because of the leaks. The Lancer Scott news wasn't meant to be until 'next week' when the kit was due yo be unveiled, this has now changed with the club posting a photo on their Twitter page. Wonder if they will now play the Huddersfield game in it, I had definitely heard that wasn't happening.

• The title was changed to #2016/17 kit

Seeing that image on the tweets, its certainly a better look than the leaked ones from yesterday. It's a lot better than i first thought but yeh, lose the # tags please. WTF were they thinking there? Perhaps on the back trim of the shorts or something but not there.

Archived