IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

DavidNoble

A pundit on Sky tonight for Forest vs. Brighton and has said that he recently met with the Forest owners. 

Has also just said that if he was given £70million then he would have took Forest into the premier league. I wonder how much he asked Lansdown for....! 

10 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

A pundit on Sky tonight for Forest vs. Brighton and has said that he recently met with the Forest owners. 

Has also just said that if he was given £70million then he would have took Forest into the premier league. I wonder how much he asked Lansdown for....! 

It sounds like a throw away comment.

27 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

He'd have spent it all on one striker, refused to change from 352 and conceded more than scored.........

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

He'd have spent it all on one striker, refused to change from 352 and conceded more than scored.........

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

cheap shot at someone who gave us 2 trophies

4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

They believe in their own big club hype and most of i have known have a weird dislike for Bristol City.

Isn't that arrogant rather than ignorant? Don't mean to be pedantic, just didn't know why they'd be ignorant...

And to be fair, if we'd won the European Cup twice and the top div, we'd still be wetting ourselves with excitement!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Isn't that arrogant rather than ignorant? Don't mean to be pedantic, just didn't know why they'd be ignorant...

And to be fair, if we'd won the European Cup twice and the top div, we'd still be wetting ourselves with excitement!

Yeah you're right there more arrogance than ignorance.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Cotterill is an excellent League 1 manager but higher up he struggles with his fixed ideals about playing 3-5-2. 

Is this a cheap shot as well?

It's factually incorrect.

Cotterill's 'fixation with 3-5-2' came only after after he visited successful clubs in several countries to talk to their managers, study their training methods and find out what made them successful.

He came back determined to be successful in England playing 3-5-2, which of course he was at City, and may well have continued to be so had he been able to upgrade personnel to suit the system.

Of course, he has had previous success in the Championship (longest serving Championship manager at Burnley) without using 3-5-2, so the system is a relatively new project for him rather than a 'fixed ideal'.

I think he'll make it work again elsewhere, and it'll be a very fortunate club with ecstatic fans when he does.

Good luck to him.

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cotterill's 'fixation with 3-5-2' came only after after he visited successful clubs in several countries to talk to their managers, study their training methods and find out what made them successful.

He came back determined to be successful in England playing 3-5-2, which of course he was at City, and may well have continued to be so had he been able to upgrade personnel to suit the system.

Of course, he has had previous success in the Championship (longest serving Championship manager at Burnley) without using 3-5-2, so the system is a relatively new project for him rather than a 'fixed ideal'.

I think he'll make it work again elsewhere, and it'll be a very fortunate club with ecstatic fans when he does.

Good luck to him.

Not sure if thats really considered a success, Dyche would be a success for getting Burnley promoted (and looks like he may yet again)

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good luck to him.

I wouldn't mind too much mate, when LJ get's the boot (whenever that might be and whatever he does or doesn't achieve) he will suddenly become shit as well, that's the law, apparently.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, he can say at any interview, 'well I won this division last season...' Not much to argue about there!

Certainly ticks that particular box and no mistake. I`ve no doubt he could turn them around providing he could shift out the overpaid wasters which could prove difficult as we know only too well.

11 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

They dont have 70p let alone 70 million for a return to the Premier League....

Well Dean Holdsworth's consortium bought Bolton for £1 then immediately handed over £7.5m as working capital for the rest of this season and then provided an extra £10m as proof of future funding so they may have more than you think now...

Look at his Stats...and he does quiet well with teams League 1 and below.

Championship and above...he loses more than he wins.

In fact it's quiet a big jump in percentage wins from Championship compared to lower leagues.

That's the facts for all to see.

Think he might do well at somewhere like Sheff Utd.

Archived