IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

DavidNoble

6 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Defo Ward that slagged us off in the presence of Spud, think that is nailed on

And I would suggest that SC & Bolton are a perfect fit. They will be a massive club at that level next season, there to be shot at - and he'll love every minute of it. Wonder if he'd send Clough down for talks, I'd like us to go back in for him. Then pull the deal just as we've agreed a massive contract and signing on fee. See how much the little**** and his old man chuckle on the way home then

Admit it, my list narrowed it down just enough for you to work it out ;)

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Bolton want Chris Wilder of Northampton apparently.

Yeah, read that earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's not managed at that level before? Would be a step up in class and size of club for the bloke. Done a cracking job with a dire situation at Northampton though, fair play to the man

36 minutes ago, City169 said:

Admit it, my list narrowed it down just enough for you to work it out ;)

It certainly narrowed it down somewhat....! My initial thought was it was TC, that broke my heart a little bit!

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Surely he could do better.

No idea why a Bolton, Charlton, Bradford or Sheff Utd etc havent gone for him.

Now the dust has settle, why could the club get no players to sign under his regime.  Polar opposites on recruitment from one summer to the next.

9 minutes ago, shelts said:

Very interesting that no club has gone for Cotts after the outstanding job he did before it went tits up. 

Still spending SLs pay off I would imagine, probably take his time for the right opportunity.

His recent CV couldn't be more impressive for lower league clubs I would have thought, but perhaps not a Championship  club.

Sure he'll be back sometime, may be FGR or Cheltenham if they have a decent budget, or perhaps Cardiff??

4 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Still spending SLs pay off I would imagine, probably take his time for the right opportunity.

His recent CV couldn't be more impressive for lower league clubs I would have thought, but perhaps not a Championship  club.

Sure he'll be back sometime, may be FGR or Cheltenham if they have a decent budget, or perhaps Cardiff??

A good league one team with aspirations would suit Steve. Think he's still in our area. Maybe he still has a gagging order or maybe he has nowt to say about his time at the Gate!!

21 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Deserves a proper club, with a solid owner and a good budget. Can show what he's worth.

With his character being perceived as particularly 'difficult' within the game a solid owner with a good budget might look elsewhere. I'd say Lansdown is a solid owner, and we have the money, as seen this summer. I think it was his unrealistic targets that didn't fit our criteria for players coming in that let him down last summer for example.

52 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Just read The Secret Footballer aka Dave Kitson's autobiography to find out what he thinks of Cutts man management at Pompey....

11 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

And????

Think BRR is going to serialise it on here - a line at a  time

26 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

I am still dumbfounded as to how a league 1 club hasn't come in for him - He kept us up then won us the double in his second season!

Perhaps he's turned down these offers and instead believes he should be managing in the championship...?

Or we bought a bloody good team for that  level and he got lucky that the other teams were utter garbage.

I was at Colchester away and we were tactically inept.

4 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

Now the dust has settle, why could the club get no players to sign under his regime.  Polar opposites on recruitment from one summer to the next.

Two words: Mark Ashton. It's not been much of a secret.

@RumRed is assembling a good team not part of his job? Like we only got our highest points tally ever and won a league for the first time in 60 years, when we were previously making £10m a year losses for overspending (and getting relegated), but he got lucky.

22 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Two words: Mark Ashton. It's not been much of a secret.

@RumRed is assembling a good team not part of his job? Like we only got our highest points tally ever and won a league for the first time in 60 years, when we were previously making £10m a year losses for overspending (and getting relegated), but he got lucky.

I think you may have anwered your own point?

I would need to know who he signed and who the board did before making that call.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

If someone lucky can get 99 points in League 1 I'm off down to do my coaching badges with four-leaf clover.

And then got hideously found out in a league that's competitive and threw his toys out the pram. Love him for that season but he was an ass when things weren't going his way in the championship.

Not filling the bench was inexcusable and pathetic.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

And then got hideously found out in a league that's competitive and threw his toys out the pram. Love him for that season but he was an ass when things weren't going his way in the championship.

2014-15 - Great summer of transfers, MA has influence over transfers.

2015-16 - Terrible summer of transfers, MA gone. Great winter of transfers, MA back.

2016-17 - Superb summer of transfers, MA here throughout.

Now in each case he was working with a manager/head coach; it's their job to identify the players, and his to get them in. And coincidentally the year he wasn't around, we did naff all.

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

You don't know what happened, or maybe didn't happen, after Cotts secured promotion.

Archived