IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

DavidNoble

32 minutes ago, spudski said:

They are the only two managers that have worked for this Club, that I've disliked.

Both bought promotion, so go figure. But I really dislike them as people, and I don't rate them as long term managers.

I know many love them...but I don't.

Respect the Promotion they brought, but I don't like how they went about their business behind the scenes, the lead up to them leaving, and what happened in their wake.

For me, it was all about them...and nothing for the good of the Club. And having met them away from the Club, they both underlined my feelings more so.

Just my opinion...most will disagree...and i'll probably get abuse as usual for it ;-)

I don't care what you think of Dicks and Jordan.

14 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

We are probably still paying him. 

Exactly, and he was on a rumoured £10k pw when we were in a League One, not sure if that went up on promotion.  Very few if any clubs in League One (assuming that's the level he gets a job) will match what he's probably still getting with us.

@spudski - perfectly valid opinion.

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

They are the only two managers that have worked for this Club, that I've disliked.

Both bought promotion, so go figure. But I really dislike them as people, and I don't rate them as long term managers.

I know many love them...but I don't.

Respect the Promotion they brought, but I don't like how they went about their business behind the scenes, the lead up to them leaving, and what happened in their wake.

For me, it was all about them...and nothing for the good of the Club. And having met them away from the Club, they both underlined my feelings more so.

Just my opinion...most will disagree...and i'll probably get abuse as usual for it ;-)

To me, it's interesting that for many, because SC won us promotion (backed financially by the board, let's not forget - many seem to think he single handedly won us promotion) he is somehow free from criticism, he is raised to a higher status.

It's that kind of "don't speak ill of the dead" attitude.

Regardless of what he achieved with us, which was great over those few seasons (Thank you SC), for me, he did a huge amount to quickly undo his good work during the early part of 15/16 season, resulting in putting us on a course that was seemingly heading for nowhere but relegation. 

Saying that doesn't make me feel disloyal or disrespectful because I care more about the present and the future of BCFC more than I care about the past achievements of any manager or player. That's not to diminish their achievements, though.

Regardless of the debate over what happened with that summer transfer window, it was clear, under SC, the group of players he did have were clearly underperforming, proved almost immediately after he left, that the cloud lifted, 3-5-2 was ditched and the rest is history.  

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

To me, it's interesting that for many, because SC won us promotion (backed financially by the board, let's not forget - many seem to think he single handedly won us promotion) he is somehow free from criticism, he is raised to a higher status.

It's that kind of "don't speak ill of the dead" attitude.

Regardless of what he achieved with us, which was great over those few seasons (Thank you SC), for me, he did a huge amount to quickly undo his good work during the early part of 15/16 season, resulting in putting us on a course that was seemingly heading for nowhere but relegation. 

Saying that doesn't make me feel disloyal or disrespectful because I care more about the present and the future of BCFC more than I care about the past achievements of any manager or player. That's not to diminish their achievements, though.

Regardless of the debate over what happened with that summer transfer window, it was clear, under SC, the group of players he did have were clearly underperforming, proved almost immediately after he left, that the cloud lifted, 3-5-2 was ditched and the rest is history.  

I find it astounding, how quick LJ, MA and the rest of the team have been able to turn the club around. Fair play to them...a cloud was truly lifted and the Club became a happy and more focussed group again. Most importantly all pulling in the same direction.

Fans in general will only see the results at a Club. Very few get to find out what is happening behind the scenes.

If we had continued under SC we would have found ourselves in an even darker place than when he took over...I truly believe that. The Club were all over the place before he left. Everyone running scared and pulling in different directions. Never seen it so bad tbh.

Thank God he left, and we now have a group of people all working and pulling in the same direction. A breath of fresh air.

Similarly when Ward left...although we didn't get the results like now, good Ol' Benny was doing everything he could to get this Club working, the right way...and it brought the fans together as they could see what he was trying to do.

Archived