IGNORED

Mathematical safety

MurrayLives

11 minutes ago, MurrayLives said:

Am I right in thinking that a win for us at Brentford and MK losing at PNE would seal our Championship status for another year?

That is correct, albeit Charlton need to not win too.  However, although I appreciate that people want the safety of being automatically safe, it is certain that we will be in this division next season and I expect the club have started planning for such already.  

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Charlton or MK Dons won't all their remaining games so even tho' we are not mathematically safe we are 99% safe.

Very generous pal. I'd say 99.99% haha  

MK Dons had a .... or bust game last weekend against Rotherham at home and they got turned over 4-0. That was so much a must win game that I've no doubt sealed their fate and is a precursor to the rest of their season. Charlton also have a very tough run in. 

It's a boring end to the season. Cheers :) 

We were safe weeks ago.

At Charlton. When the penalty squirmed over the line.

And the Yesman was sat next to SL :yes:

A nice 6 pointer tomorrow, an improved summer with decent signings and a decent go next season. I'm looking forward to it!

Wonder what Cotterill's doing tomorrow?

Tis a game, we need to get boyancy and beliefe, so in my humble opinion 3 points from every game remaining will set us up for a half about pop next season, I know it's a big ask but after the Wednesday game I think we have the credentials to give it a go.....as for this weekend I feel if mk balls up we're safe... Almost !!!!!

48 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

We were safe weeks ago.

At Charlton. When the penalty squirmed over the line.

And the Yesman was sat next to SL :yes:

A nice 6 pointer tomorrow, an improved summer with decent signings and a decent go next season. I'm looking forward to it!

Wonder what Cotterill's doing tomorrow?

Not really. after the Wolves game when we lost 2-1 we were only 2 points outside the relegation zone.

6 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

The odds on us being overtaken by either MK or Chatlton are so long that you could argue they equate to us being Mathematically safe already.

No you couldn't. It would be wholly incorrect. Unless you use an incorrect definition of mathematically safe. 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really?! Did you really think that when we lost 2-1 at Wolves and 4-0 at Hull etc?!!!

Not the wolves one, but hull yes. After the hull game we maintained the distance between ourselves and relegation and there was a game less to play, so we were better off than before.

Archived