IGNORED

Mathematical safety

MurrayLives

We are now mathematically the only team not in the bottom 3 that can still be relegated. Yay. Not a dig at the team. While they were quite flat in the second half, it was always going to be tough to beat Derby. Shows the hole we dug ourselves up until January that we've played so well since and still can't pull away to mid table. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We are now mathematically the only team not in the bottom 3 that can still be relegated. Yay. Not a dig at the team. While they were quite flat in the second half, it was always going to be tough to beat Derby. Shows the hole we dug ourselves up until January that we've played so well since and still can't pull away to mid table. 

Whilst we may be the team most likely to be caught because of GD, as there are four other teams on 48 points, not quite true.

One of those situations were the only people in the world who think we could go down, will be Bristol City fans (for reasons I do understand!).

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yet in fairness a draw would have put us 15th. We could quite easily finish there come end of the season, but anywhere except MK Dons current spot will do me!

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Whilst we may be the team most likely to be caught because of GD, as there are four other teams on 48 points, not quite true.

One of those situations were the only people in the world who think we could go down, will be Bristol City fans (for reasons I do understand!).

Indeed. I apologise for jumping the gun a bit. Just seen us falling didn't really notice we are level on points with 4 other teams!! Though we would definitely go down if we lost our last 3 and Dons won theirs. While others are much less likely. I don't think there is any way that can happen though. Just saying it's been quite competitive this year. We've done so well since January and can't pull clear of it with 3 games left. Realistically we can win the next 3 games. Blackburn, Huddersfield and QPR aren't exactly setting the world on fire. 

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Indeed. I apologise for jumping the gun a bit. Just seen us falling didn't really notice we are level on points with 4 other teams!! Though we would definitely go down if we lost our last 3 and Dons won theirs. While others are much less likely. I don't think there is any way that can happen though. Just saying it's been quite competitive this year. We've done so well since January and can't pull clear of it with 3 games left. Realistically we can win the next 3 games. Blackburn, Huddersfield and QPR aren't exactly setting the world on fire. 

Not playing like tonight, we couldn't .

29 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If we lost all our games say 1-0 and Rotherham lost all theirs 4-0 we would finish above them so not certain as ststed

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not playing like tonight, we couldn't .

Derby are a playoff team who've spent roughly 25m on players for this season. We didn't play great but we won't be facing the same attacking force that is Derby. The next 3 are quite winnable and just one little point from any of those 3 will see us safe. 

16 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Should have hired Colin ...:tomato:

I think what really squits us up is the recent history of the Blue Few who , a tad prematurely  but hilariously, celebrated their League safety without counting on the remarkable footballing skills of the superstar that is Sir Colin Daniel .

Life would just be too unbearable if the worst was to happen.

As for being negative , we old farts have had enough experience to know what football and City are capable of , so , no celebrations of the great escape until it's confirmed , mathematically and the League has published the Championship table .

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

MK won't win 3 so will be irrelevant. 

Is that "MK won't win 3 so will be irrelevant" as in "Leicester City won't be leading the Premier league by five points with four to play"? :blink:

Would you have expected the team bottom of the Premier League last season to win seven and draw one of their last nine matches?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's likely to happen, but as someone else has said, I won't sleep easily until we are mathematically safe.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Is that "MK won't win 3 so will be irrelevant" as in "Leicester City won't be leading the Premier league by five points with four to play"? :blink:

Would you have expected the team bottom of the Premier League last season to win seven and draw one of their last nine matches?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's likely to happen, but as someone else has said, I won't sleep easily until we are mathematically safe.

It's not just MK though, we are playing the perfect set of teams who have nothing to play for.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

After the season MK have had, are they going to win their last 3?  After the season Leicester City have had are they going to lose their last 3?  The answer to both questions is no.  Chill people we will be fine 

Archived