IGNORED

Mathematical safety

MurrayLives

9 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I'm surprised at the bookie draw odds.

No doubt if it is one, MK fans will cry conspiracy

Shame, i find it quite funny the team spent most of the game last season going down and clutching their heads.  Be nice to see the fans do the same this season.

I was reading through your forum.      All this talk of safety concerns seems bizarre, as when we played you a few weeks back Bristol City were firmly stuck in the bottom three places and our first meeting had you bottom of the league and now I find you nine points clear of the relegation line with three games to play.     When you beat us a few weeks back I thought "that was an inspiring victory but will it be enough to survive" and look at it now, you're almost certain to stay up this season.

So you need one point to assure safety and hope Milton Keynes endure three defeats as I understand it.

I'll tell you now, that Milton Keynes will pick up three points at Ipswich in a week or two when we play them (our team is a shambles from basically top to bottom and a team from the Welsh amateur league could take a result from us right now) and while would want to assist your survival, the fact is we can't even help ourselves this season.

They have Brentford and Nottingham Forest as their other two games and will be playing teams with nothing to play for but there's no way Bristol City can mess this up, it's too many things that need to fall into place and so little time to do it.    There is Blackburn, Huddersfield and QPR to come your way in the weeks ahead and surely the team will find a point from those to stay in the league.

Look forward to playing you next season, there's no way those sequence of games can go against you.

10 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I was reading through your forum.      All this talk of safety concerns seems bizarre, as when we played you a few weeks back Bristol City were firmly stuck in the bottom three places and our first meeting had you bottom of the league and now I find you nine points clear of the relegation line with three games to play.     When you beat us a few weeks back I thought "that was an inspiring victory but will it be enough to survive" and look at it now, you're almost certain to stay up this season.

So you need one point to assure safety and hope Milton Keynes endure three defeats as I understand it.

I'll tell you now, that Milton Keynes will pick up three points at Ipswich in a week or two when we play them (our team is a shambles from basically top to bottom and a team from the Welsh amateur league could take a result from us right now) and while would want to assist your survival, the fact is we can't even help ourselves this season.

They have Brentford and Nottingham Forest as their other two games and will be playing teams with nothing to play for but there's no way Bristol City can mess this up, it's too many things that need to fall into place and so little time to do it.    There is Blackburn, Huddersfield and QPR to come your way in the weeks ahead and surely the team will find a point from those to stay in the league.

Look forward to playing you next season, there's no way those sequence of games can go against you.

You need to understand the collective "psyche" amongst us, our history, to "get" why there is still a seed of doubt. We have very low "self-esteem" amongst the likes of Derby, Boro, Hull and even your good selves. Even last season was torture, as we awaited the inevitable collapse, which never came. In this league, at this level, the doubts are multiplied. We don't really feel we belong yet at this rarefied level of football. Every hammering by one of the better clubs only reinforces this insecurity, based on old painful memories. We really were second best this week v Derby. Sooner or later, in the second tier, we get it horribly wrong and disappear.

And there is also the memory of our dear neighbours, relegated to the conference couple of years ago, on the last day of the season, having not been in the relegation zone at any point in the previous 45 games. And "all" they had to do was beat Mansfield at home, in front of their self-styled enviable fanbase. So any complacency or premature celebration leaves many of us uneasy, while it is still possible for us to fail (however unlikely).

Basically, we as a group of fans have a huge inferiority complex, sometimes masked by unconvincing delusions of grandeur and ridiculous claims (big club, sleeping giant etc), which is pronounced the higher up the league we are and vigorously stoked by squeaky (ish)-bum type situations like we find ourselves in now (albeit with 9 points in hand, and up against mk dons).

Or it might just be me...

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

You need to understand the collective "psyche" amongst us, our history, to "get" why there is still a seed of doubt. We have very low "self-esteem" amongst the likes of Derby, Boro, Hull and even your good selves. Even last season was torture, as we awaited the inevitable collapse, which never came. In this league, at this level, the doubts are multiplied. We don't really feel we belong yet at this rarefied level of football. Every hammering by one of the better clubs only reinforces this insecurity, based on old painful memories. We really were second best this week v Derby. Sooner or later, in the second tier, we get it horribly wrong and disappear.

And there is also the memory of our dear neighbours, relegated to the conference couple of years ago, on the last day of the season, having not been in the relegation zone at any point in the previous 45 games. And "all" they had to do was beat Mansfield at home, in front of their self-styled enviable fanbase. So any complacency or premature celebration leaves many of us uneasy, while it is still possible for us to fail (however unlikely).

Basically, we as a group of fans have a huge inferiority complex, sometimes masked by unconvincing delusions of grandeur and ridiculous claims (big club, sleeping giant etc), which is pronounced the higher up the league we are and vigorously stoked by squeaky (ish)-bum type situations like we find ourselves in now (albeit with 9 points in hand, and up against mk dons).

Can Sheffield United still catch us as well?

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

To quote Michael Jackson 

" You are not alone , we are here with you " 

Whilst we all know that that it is unlikely that we will drop , I'm sure I'm not the only one to have had the nightmare of an injury time winner for QPR that sends us into oblivion and a tail spin of doomsday like scenario where suddenly we find ourselves at a level where El Abd is considered too good .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

To quote Michael Jackson 

" You are not alone , we are here with you " 

Whilst we all know that that it is unlikely that we will drop , I'm sure I'm not the only one to have had the nightmare of an injury time winner for QPR that sends us into oblivion and a tail spin of doomsday like scenario where suddenly we find ourselves at a level where El Abd is considered too good .

I too have had the same nightmare scenarios. All that p!ss taking off the gas on the final day and the Hitler videos... I really would go and live on Dartmoor with no access to any communications for years to come if it happened!!

There is no way I would have got tickets for QPR away if there was the remotest chance of being relegated. The thought of those plastic cockneys laughing it up when the winner in the 93rd minute goes in to send us into oblivion would be too much to bear.

Have faith, and as a most revered person once said "Always Believe"

On 4/21/2016 at 10:47, Jack Dawe said:

You need to understand the collective "psyche" amongst us, our history, to "get" why there is still a seed of doubt.

Nope. It's about 90% of us.

The other 10% are too young to have seen the many disasters.

Archived