IGNORED

Paul Lambert

Selred

Been question marks over the position for a while, Lambert wanted to know what his budget was for improving the squad & the Venky's have been holding back on letting him know what / if anything was available to him!!

My guess would be that he was promised certain backing / funds when he took the job & now they've back tracked on that agreement & he knows it's going to be hard to take the club forward!!

When you also take account that Ben Marshall also wants out, it seems like Blackburn will be a weaker team while the majority of clubs will already be looking to improve their squads.

Lambert is seemingly jumping ship before he ends up with another "Villa" situation on his CV.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Been question marks over the position for a while, Lambert wanted to know what his budget was for improving the squad & the Venky's have been holding back on letting him know what / if anything was available to him!!

My guess would be that he was promised certain backing / funds when he took the job & now they've back tracked on that agreement & he knows it's going to be hard to take the club forward!!

When you also take account that Ben Marshall also wants out, it seems like Blackburn will be a weaker team while the majority of clubs will already be looking to improve their squads.

Lambert is seemingly jumping ship before he ends up with another "Villa" situation on his CV.

in hindsight lambert did a cracking job at Villa,

Apparently over 100m quid in debt and the Venkys (owners) don't attend any of the matches. They stay in India and don't communicate at all with the fans...or the manager.

I work in Blackburn occasionally and from talking to a few of their fans there is only one direction they are heading in...and it isn't up.

Hopefully that's one club we will definitely be finishing above next year.

Smart and bold move on his part, I think.

As others have said; hindsight shows he did a better job with Villa than credited with, and saving a Blackburn team who didn't exactly look world beaters with Jordan Rhodes, let alone without him, can't have been the easiest task.

Fancy him to do very well if he gets himself at a club that isn't a complete shambles behind the scenes.

Fancy him to turn up at Newcastle if they go down. 

3 hours ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

Apparently over 100m quid in debt and the Venkys (owners) don't attend any of the matches. They stay in India and don't communicate at all with the fans...or the manager.

I work in Blackburn occasionally and from talking to a few of their fans there is only one direction they are heading in...and it isn't up.

Hopefully that's one club we will definitely be finishing above next year.

Put Reading on that list as well judging by what Steve Clarke said on Goals On Sunday

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

They are going to do a Bolton next season if they are not careful.

That'd be just beautiful.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Amazed he went to Blackburn in the first place, they were very lucky to have him.

He'll surely do more due diligence in deciding what job offer to accept next.

Its all about the money

24 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Turned down Fulham for Blackburn....bizarre decision

Its all about the money.

Archived