IGNORED

QPR away, pubs

• Admin
10 hours ago, The_Don said:

Been many times, always drank in The Antelope on South  Africa Road, it's a hole situated in a bigger hole but only a few mins from the ground.

Think you mean The Springbok - as above there is very little close to the ground, even though around Shepherds Bush there are many bars personally I will be avoiding them like the plague.

After reading about the problems Birmingham had at QPR a few weeks back it mirrors a number of times we have been up there.

Let's be honest with the tube network and the thousands of pubs around London no reason to go anywhere near the ground until kick off

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

We always used to get a tube to Goldhawk Road and there is a lovely pub outside. To get to the ground you can walk through Shepherds Bush Market across the main road from the pub

That's The Stinging Nettle, now closed

11 hours ago, candygram for mongo said:

On the 9am train (booked it thinking it was a 3pm kick off) aiming for at least 1 in the Sussex Arms Paddington

Upto the point of reading this I still thought it was a 3pm kick off. Now I discover it's 12:30. OK, I'm an idiot but thanks - that would have been very annoying.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

That's The Stinging Nettle, now closed

You know the area well Phantom?

Like others I've been to Loftus Rd many times but couldn't tell you the names of any the pubs I drank in let alone that one has closed.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

You know the area well Phantom?

Like others I've been to Loftus Rd many times but couldn't tell you the names of any the pubs I drank in let alone that one has closed.

A little bit, only know that this is closed as it was originally where I was going to head - but someone I know from the that way confirmed it's closed

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Think you mean The Springbok - as above there is very little close to the ground, even though around Shepherds Bush there are many bars personally I will be avoiding them like the plague.

After reading about the problems Birmingham had at QPR a few weeks back it mirrors a number of times we have been up there.

Let's be honest with the tube network and the thousands of pubs around London no reason to go anywhere near the ground until kick off

Ees right, you know. Pubs on the White City estate are hazardous and horrible. Those in Shepherds Bush Green are either non-supporter friendly or non away supporter friendly (especially The Green, watch out there!). If you need a quick pint, O'Neills on the corner of the Green is as good as anywhere.

6 hours ago, Calculus said:

Upto the point of reading this I still thought it was a 3pm kick off. Now I discover it's 12:30. OK, I'm an idiot but thanks - that would have been very annoying.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Looking at the positives, it would have been a lot quieter for your pre-match drink and you would have gotten served a lot quicker. 

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There was always an 'Edward's' bar within walking distance of the ground...I'm sure it's still there but might be called something else now.... 

It's The Defectors Weld - and you won't be allowed in unless you've got a hipsters' beard, 'ironic' flat cap, a girlfriend called Jocasta and a trust fund.

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Yep, that's the one, not sure why I had antelopes on my mind.

Archived