IGNORED

Poor scenes at West Ham

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Quite right Aiz, Me and my mates, all City fans used to do the same,  as couldn't afford to go to away games in" them days"   I was only bringing home £2.10 shillings a week then,  was only an apprentice.  Still used to enjoy watching both teams, but City first and foremost and have always been, never even went to see Cardiff when I lived there for 13 years. I tell a lie, only when City played them. 

Also went to both grounds as me and my mates were football mad but devout City fans but maybe part of the attraction to go to Eastville was the fact that both Alfie Biggs and Josser Watling lived on our estate.

8 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

In what episode did Del Boy say he was Chelsea? I thought Del was Millwall? I know Rodney has said in more than one episode he's a Chelsea fan. Also where did Grandad say he was a Palace fan and Uncle Albert say he was a Millwall fan? I know about their father and mother though!

This topic is going random.

In the very first episode there is a Palace Scarf hanging in the front porch. This is grandads, this is infrared rather than admitted.

Del mentions Chelsea positively in several episodes, and speaks down of Millwall when he says "even a Millwall fan could work that out"

I can't remember specific episodes, I'm a bit of a OFAH nerd so could find out if you really wanted. 

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

EH said that? Unbelievable cretin, its his mejob to  engage the brain before opening his big fat smug mouth ,  .... hope a sincere apology follows that.

....in view of the apology made, and the explaination of the comments made (extremely poor analogy it must be said) by E Holmes.... I too apologise for my ott reaction above, poor unfair choice of words by me, fully accept the comments made by EH were meant in a different context to which they b were  said. Very unfortunate though they undoubtedly were. 

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

In the very first episode there is a Palace Scarf hanging in the front porch. This is grandads, this is infrared rather than admitted.

Del mentions Chelsea positively in several episodes, and speaks down of Millwall when he says "even a Millwall fan could work that out"

I can't remember specific episodes, I'm a bit of a OFAH nerd so could find out if you really wanted. 

Are you The Predator?

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Blimey infrared? ....grandad had a remote controlled Palace Scarf?... Probably bought off some dodgy geezer down the market. There's a lot of wide boys out there.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

His dad was a Millwall fan...

Rodney was a Chelsea fan

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I always knew it as The Boleyn Ground from the late seventies....there isn't a stadium called Upton Park

Ok well maybe there isn't but that's what everybody I ever heard talking about that ground called it, I don't know what but they did. Boleyn is a bandwagon that's been jumped on by the media the last few years

23 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

@SecretSam - I would piss myself if you have a set of seats from the Eastend as a momento in your garden....

Nope.  To give it some context - I work re-shaping services, which often involves proposals to close/relocate mouldering buildings and services.  If something's no longer any good, and beyond redemption, get shot.  Getting sentimental about unimportant functional buildings like football stadiums is pointless.  I'm doing work in the East End at the moment, and trust me - I'd be happy to move.

PS: I don't mean that we should tear down historic monuments; that's different.  Although I think Buckingham Palace is an eyesore...

20 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Nope.  To give it some context - I work re-shaping services, which often involves proposals to close/relocate mouldering buildings and services.  If something's no longer any good, and beyond redemption, get shot.  Getting sentimental about unimportant functional buildings like football stadiums is pointless.  I'm doing work in the East End at the moment, and trust me - I'd be happy to move.

PS: I don't mean that we should tear down historic monuments; that's different.  Although I think Buckingham Palace is an eyesore...

Your perspective is purely a business one.  While this is important, you are completely ignoring the social, emotional, and community value that a stadium brings.

I'd rather spend a lifetime in the Championship than a lifetime in the premier league away from Ashton Gate in a stadium just off a motorway junction with ample parking and shopping outlets.

While others might disagree, football clubs were created for communities and the attending masses and I see no reason that this should change.There is far more to football than reaching the top which, for most, isn't achievable anyway.  Assuming this always has to be the target is akin to heaping pressure on corner shops to become the next Tesco.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Your perspective is purely a business one.  While this is important, you are completely ignoring the social, emotional, and community value that a stadium brings.

I'd rather spend a lifetime in the Championship than a lifetime in the premier league away from Ashton Gate in a stadium just off a motorway junction with ample parking and shopping outlets.

While others might disagree, football clubs were created for communities and the attending masses and I see no reason that this should change.There is far more to football than reaching the top which, for most, isn't achievable anyway.  Assuming this always has to be the target is akin to heaping pressure on corner shops to become the next Tesco.

This.

Archived