IGNORED

Poor scenes at West Ham

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Coaches get caught in traffic somewhere in the UK every day of the week but they do not get attacked when they finally arrive at their destination.

I think we are violently agreeing?

Anyhow, Man Utd in danger of being blown away.

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hardly a surprise though, vile club with vile fans, including just about every Gor blimey, guvnor Cockernee celebrity going..

Yes, but what's your view on West Ham?

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hardly a surprise though, vile club with vile fans, including just about every Gor blimey, guvnor Cockernee celebrity going..

Obviously what happened before the game tonight is unacceptable, but why is West Ham a 'vile' club?

My view is that West Ham is a proper club, very loyal to their managers over the years (they've only had 15 permanent managers in their history!), they are a real community club and they've produced some very fine players over the years - Hurst, Bonds, Brooking, Cottee, Lampard Senior, Martin, Devonshire, Lampard Junior, Carrick, Ferdinand, Defoe etc etc.

And yes they've got more than their fair share of 'boys' who follow them (as have most clubs) but to me they are far from being a 'vile' club.....and why shouldn't a celebrity be a fan of the Hammers? Hardly glory-hunting is it?! And most of their well known fans are legit and from the East End of London, so no reason they shouldn't follow the Hammers...

24 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Coaches get caught in traffic somewhere in the UK every day of the week but they do not get attacked when they finally arrive at their destination.

I don't know...Crown green bowls for the over 70s can get pretty feisty when the sherry has been flowing. Clevedon and Portishead is a particular fixture with history. Some naughty behaviour with zimmers flying everywhere.

And of course I am not allowed to speak about the attacks that regularly take place on our very own Coach One....

3 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I don't know...Crown green bowls for the over 70s can get pretty feisty when the sherry has been flowing. Clevedon and Portishead is a particular fixture with history. Some naughty behaviour with zimmers flying everywhere.

And of course I am not allowed to speak about the attacks that regularly take place on our very own Coach One....

Robbored can be regularly found in the middle of it all.

35 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Seen a few tweets saying the United coach got sent the wrong way and towards a bridge the coach couldn't fit under & that was the main reason for the delay.  

The wrong way? Man Utd have played at West Ham's Boleyn Ground 66 times since 1911 - they might just know the way by now!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The wrong way? Man Utd have played at West Ham's Boleyn Ground 66 times since 1911 - they might just know the way by now!

Doubt it's been the same driver every time though..

As an aside I listened to the first half on the radio and good old Jonathan Pearce was bigging up the City again on national radio, talking about one of his favourite memories of Upton Park was when we lost to them 3-2 in the FA Cup in 1969 I think he said. He talked about John Galley who scored and how great he was and also the other scorer - Alan someone?   Trevor Brooking remembered it as well. Love the fact that he regularly mentions us to the nation! 

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

So they stopped and asked those really nice friendly cockernee east enders and look what happens, next!.

Reminds me of when I was driving to Norwich away once, I got a bit lost and asked a local: 'what's the quickest way to Carrow Road mate?'

'Are you driving or walking?' He asked

'I'm driving' I said.

'Yep, that's the quickest way' he replied....

Next!

Archived