IGNORED

FGR

slartibartfast

• SC&T Board Members
19 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Just my personal opinion - Not really a fan of bankrolled hobby clubs. It can never be sustainable. I much prefer clubs like Burton and Accrington who can achieve success by excellent management and a good team spirit.

The bit you've highlighted annoys me a bit about him too. Why enforce your personal beliefs on an entire fanbase? Imagine if Steve L was for example a muslim and didn't allow alcohol anywhere near the ground on matchdays...

And Bristol City is different?

7 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

Was at Wembley for the game today. Sad for FGR, but Grimsby definitely deserved it. 

It was a shame only 18k turned up to watch. However charging £36 a ticket might explain that.

A fair shout that mate, I didn't go but my son went with his mates and his ticket was £20 which I thought was a bit steep for a 15 yr old

11 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

Was at Wembley for the game today. Sad for FGR, but Grimsby definitely deserved it. 

It was a shame only 18k turned up to watch. However charging £36 a ticket might explain that.

3 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

A fair shout that mate, I didn't go but my son went with his mates and his ticket was £20 which I thought was a bit steep for a 15 yr old

The fa vase and trophy are much better priced. Would have gone if Manor Farm made it. Off the top of my head its £20 or £25 for an adult and £1 for a child and that gets both games!

9 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

And Bristol City is different?

Seriously? FGR took 2000-3000 to wembley yesterday for the biggest game in their history. Id like to know just how much more he thinks they can grow and become sustainable with big player wages suppliamented by support like that. To answer your question, yes Bristol City and Forest Green are very very different!!

I think FGR have the potential to engage a different audience from regular supporters.

It's fair to say that most football fans in Gloucestershire already have a team and view FGR as a second team at best. However, there are a lot of people who wouldn't normally go to football who could be engaged by a different kind of club.

With their eco credentials, their vegan food and perhaps soon their new stadium, combined with a limited existing fan base to alienate, they could brand themselves as a sort of "middle class Guardianista" FC and attract all the happy-clappy picnicking day-trippers that the "against modern football" lot are so disgusted by.

They won't get anywhere by being a traditional local club. Most likely they'd be a new Rushden and Diamonds, having some success until Dale gets bored of putting in money, then collapsing back to one of the regional leagues.

2 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

and attract all the happy-clappy picnicking day-trippers

Sounds a good day out with a cider or 3 and a big steak on the BBQ ............................ Oh shit, sorry I forgot !!

Archived