Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DavidNoble

Vegetarian Options at The Gate

Recommended Posts

As touched upon in the older FGR topic, i think it's embarassing that Ashton gate only offers one vegetarian option (cheese and onion pasty). 

Any chance that they can introduce a slightly larger range that meat eaters could still be interested in?

#meatismurder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a vegetarian but I'd support this. I hate the default food options at nearly every leisure event in the UK. Meaty, fatty, processed splodge, hot dogs and burgers. Yuck. 

Don't eat it at home and don't want to eat it elsewhere. And don't want to taste my food for 12 hours after either. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#meatismurder??????!!!!!!

are you on a wind up? Bring yourself some carrots sticks and dips down to the gate. Being a vegetarian at a football game your in a small minority so get used to having a cheese pasty and stop moaning. 

You go to football to watch football not look at the vegetarian options on a menu!! 

Maybe you should you should consider a FGR season ticket ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

#meatismurder??????!!!!!!

are you on a wind up? Bring yourself some carrots sticks and dips down to the gate. Being a vegetarian at a football game your in a small minority so get used to having a cheese pasty and stop moaning. 

You go to football to watch football not look at the vegetarian options on a menu!! 

Maybe you should you should consider a FGR season ticket ?

Yeah, balls to him. Nobody likes minorities. 

The catering department would all melt if they stocked some extra items wouldn't they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Yeah, balls to him. Nobody likes minorities. 

The catering department would all melt if they stocked some extra items wouldn't they? 

This is a football forum not master chef forum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People want meat pies! If you can't get what you want at the ground then there's plenty of choice in the surrounding area.

Yes, they are the standard default options but there's not a great deal of choice for the murderers either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

People want meat pies! If you can't get what you want at the ground then there's plenty of choice in the surrounding area.

Yes, they are the standard default options but there's not a great deal of choice for the murderers either.

I actually happen to agree that this is what football fans want, unfortunately. Fat, unwashed or pasty-fleshed individuals don't want other food options. If other options can be added, great but it ain't the end of the world. 

I certainly wouldn't want a rush of the nouveau middle-class Southville brigade turning up to clap politely with falafel and mung beans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I certainly wouldn't want a rush of the nouveau middle-class Southville brigade turning up to clap politely with falafel and mung beans.

Not much chance of that, they're too busy moaning on Facebook about the parking, expressing their utter disbelief that there's a football/rugby ground in BS3 and generally maligning their fellow human beings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you that veggie's should have more options, and that cheese and onion is as dull as dishwater to a veggie as it is to a meat eater. My wife's a veggie, which pretty much makes me a veggie too (that's close to a line from a film, any guesses) as I can't be bothered to cook two different meals each night. But I'd actually prefer to eat vegetable pasty, or curried vegetable pasty as it's often tastier than some of the meat options where there's always a slight worry as to the source of the meat, how it's been stored, and was it made by a lazy git who doesn't give a damn what happens to those who eat it. Plus, who wants to spend most of Sunday regretting your purchase, and lets face it, it's always much worse having a sickie in your own time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldnt agree more.

I am a gluten and dairy-free jewish muslim who is allergic to nuts and all I want is two or three different non-gluten, non-dairy, kosher, halal food without nuts.

THIS CLUB HAS BEEN ALL DOWNHILL SINCE BRISTOL SPORT - BOYCOTT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

How do you tell a vegetarian or vegan? No need, they'll tell you they are anyway.

 

image.jpeg

That looks splendid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll often take the veggie option if I don't know the place as there's a good possibility that the meat is halal / kosher (throat cut whilst fully conscious and then hung up to bleed to death, animal cruelty in the name of allah / yahweh) and whilst I eat a lot of meat I don't agree with torturing animals to obtain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'll often take the veggie option if I don't know the place as there's a good possibility that the meat is halal / kosher (throat cut whilst fully conscious and then hung up to bleed to death, animal cruelty in the name of allah / yahweh) and whilst I eat a lot of meat I don't agree with torturing animals to obtain it.

Hadn't thought of that. Darn... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DavidNoble said:

As touched upon in the older FGR topic, i think it's embarassing that Ashton gate only offers one vegetarian option (cheese and onion pasty). 

Any chance that they can introduce a slightly larger range that meat eaters could still be interested in?

#meatismurder

While you make a fair point, is it really "embarrassing"?! Who are these people who are blushing when forced to describe to vegetarian menu at a football stadium?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DavidNoble said:

As touched upon in the older FGR topic, i think it's embarassing that Ashton gate only offers one vegetarian option (cheese and onion pasty). 

Any chance that they can introduce a slightly larger range that meat eaters could still be interested in?

#meatismurder

Before I took in a FGR game I'd have been a bit suspicious of your post, but having enjoyed the food at FGR I Have to agree with you.

Get yourself over to the Down Market Street thread on the sub-forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a football ground! you could always eat before or wait a few hours! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

I agree with you that veggie's should have more options, and that cheese and onion is as dull as dishwater to a veggie as it is to a meat eater. My wife's a veggie, which pretty much makes me a veggie too (that's close to a line from a film, any guesses) as I can't be bothered to cook two different meals each night. But I'd actually prefer to eat vegetable pasty, or curried vegetable pasty as it's often tastier than some of the meat options where there's always a slight worry as to the source of the meat, how it's been stored, and was it made by a lazy git who doesn't give a damn what happens to those who eat it. Plus, who wants to spend most of Sunday regretting your purchase, and lets face it, it's always much worse having a sickie in your own time.

The wonderful Pulp Fiction. Haven't watched it in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Drink cider. Made from meat free apples. 

Scrumpy has been known to contain the odd rat, so veggies should steer well clear....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spoons said:

#meatismurder??????!!!!!!

are you on a wind up? Bring yourself some carrots sticks and dips down to the gate. Being a vegetarian at a football game your in a small minority so get used to having a cheese pasty and stop moaning. 

You go to football to watch football not look at the vegetarian options on a menu!! 

Maybe you should you should consider a FGR season ticket ?

 

33 minutes ago, Super said:

It's a football ground! you could always eat before or wait a few hours! 

Totally agree. And by the same token, why do we persist in still offering alcoholic drinks. Just results in people clogging up the walkways, doubling the size of the toilet queues because they need more than one piss per match. If you want a drink go to the pub. If you want to watch football......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, italian dave said:

 

Totally agree. And by the same token, why do we persist in still offering alcoholic drinks. Just results in people clogging up the walkways, doubling the size of the toilet queues because they need more than one piss per match. If you want a drink go to the pub. If you want to watch football......

 

I go to football to have a beer. I don't go to football to eat some veggie nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

 

I go to football to have a beer. I don't go to football to eat some veggie nonsense.

And I'm a teetotal vegetarian who wants something to eat before a match.

I'm not really, but just trying to make the point: this is just like the 'I want to stand', 'I want to sit where I want' etc debates, all about what 'I' want to do and f# anyone else. 

If the OP is a vegetarian, or even if he just wants an alternative to boiled cartilage and phlegm pie, he's entitled to make that point without being told to get his "nonsense" somewhere else by people who still want their own preferences met as part of going to watch football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheese and Onion Pastys are fcuking great, I remember when it was just Meat Pies or Bovril. Maybe the Gate could add a VeggIe Quorn Hotdog, but I suppose the truth is its all about supply and demand. As for me, I find the Lamb Pasty exellent, but often miss out as the demand for those seem great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

 

I go to football to have a beer. I don't go to football to eat some veggie nonsense.

I go to football to watch football. . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Drink cider. Made from meat free apples. 

Considering David Noble is the original poster. I'm fairly certain he's on his 6th cider already this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DavidNoble said:

As touched upon in the older FGR topic, i think it's embarassing that Ashton gate only offers one vegetarian option (cheese and onion pasty). 

Any chance that they can introduce a slightly larger range that meat eaters could still be interested in?

#meatismurder

No such thing as a vegetarian, only people that haven't tasted bacon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I really didn't intend to debate veggy vs. meat eaters, nor am I trying to take away meat options.

At the last home game if I remember rightly there was 6 meat options for pies but nothing vegetarian.

I would imagine that a decent percentage of fans are vegetarian at the home games, plus also I said and others have mentioned vegetarian options can still be appealing to other people. It would be good if they could cater for the food requirements of more of the fans,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Obviously nobody cares and nobody likes to be told about how to eat etc. but it is national vegetarian week next week and I challenge some of you to try some of the Quorn meat substitute alternatives; they're cheaper, more healthy for you, protects the environment, and saves animals. I was a huuuuge meat eater for the first 24 years of my life and have recently gone vegetarian for the past 3 months and don't miss meat at all. I know this will get shot down as I used to be the same but just educate yourself into the sourcing of meat products and try make a reduction where possible.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

(Obviously nobody cares and nobody likes to be told about how to eat etc. but it is national vegetarian week next week and I challenge some of you to try some of the Quorn meat substitute alternatives; they're cheaper, more healthy for you, protects the environment, and saves animals. I was a huuuuge meat eater for the first 24 years of my life and have recently gone vegetarian for the past 3 months and don't miss meat at all. I know this will get shot down as I used to be the same but just educate yourself into the sourcing of meat products and try make a reduction where possible.)

Quorn is quite frankly disgusting IMO, I've tried it and never again... rather just have no meat.

For the record eat plenty of fruit and veg, but will never give up on the chicken/lamb/pork/beef and so on... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Quorn is quite frankly disgusting IMO, I've tried it and never again... rather just have no meat.

For the record eat plenty of fruit and veg, but will never give up on the chicken/lamb/pork/beef and so on... 

 

I've never tried Quorn and I agree with you .

I'm a vegetarian and will not rest until all the world is vegetarian and you meat eating dogs are wiped out or converted.

Salad law will prevail .

Peas on your house .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spoons said:

#meatismurder??????!!!!!!

are you on a wind up? Bring yourself some carrots sticks and dips down to the gate. Being a vegetarian at a football game your in a small minority so get used to having a cheese pasty and stop moaning. 

You go to football to watch football not look at the vegetarian options on a menu!! 

Maybe you should you should consider a FGR season ticket ?

I realise this may be  wooooooosh moment, but is this response totally over the top?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a reply to a stupid thread , who cares about food at the gate. Meat or vegetarian ! We are there to watch the football 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's a reply to a stupid thread , who cares about food at the gate. Meat or vegetarian ! We are there to watch the football 

What's stupid about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

What's stupid about it?

This is a football forum not a forum to discus menus !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's a reply to a stupid thread , who cares about food at the gate. Meat or vegetarian ! We are there to watch the football 

I care about food.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'll often take the veggie option if I don't know the place as there's a good possibility that the meat is halal / kosher (throat cut whilst fully conscious and then hung up to bleed to death, animal cruelty in the name of allah / yahweh) and whilst I eat a lot of meat I don't agree with torturing animals to obtain it.

That basically rules out 99% of the meat served in the UK then. If that is your stance then you should really eat no meat at all, unless of course you are having a dig at religions for the sake of it. 

1 hour ago, DavidNoble said:

(Obviously nobody cares and nobody likes to be told about how to eat etc. but it is national vegetarian week next week and I challenge some of you to try some of the Quorn meat substitute alternatives; they're cheaper, more healthy for you, protects the environment, and saves animals. I was a huuuuge meat eater for the first 24 years of my life and have recently gone vegetarian for the past 3 months and don't miss meat at all. I know this will get shot down as I used to be the same but just educate yourself into the sourcing of meat products and try make a reduction where possible.)

Me too, 21 years of meat then went vegan late last year. I have no objection to killing animals so long as it is not an industrial process. However quite simply having some chips would be a good start as a veggie option that most can enjoy. That said I cannot remember the last time I bought food at any football ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

That basically rules out 99% of the meat served in the UK then. If that is your stance then you should really eat no meat at all, unless of course you are having a dig at religions for the sake of it. 

What nonsense. There is legislation and procedures in place to minimise animals' suffering as they are slaughtered. Sure they're going to suffer a bit but the aim is to minimise it.

Unless it's halal or kosher slaughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What nonsense. There is legislation and procedures in place to minimise animals' suffering as they are slaughtered. Sure they're going to suffer a bit but the aim is to minimise it.

Unless it's halal or kosher slaughter.

The slaughter may be cleaner but most Kosher/halal animals (and I say most, not all) have happier lives whilst alive. Our animal rights laws deem it fine to pack livestock into spaces where they cannot move and never see the light of day. The death is not the cruelest bit, it is how they are kept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The slaughter may be cleaner but most Kosher/halal animals (and I say most, not all) have happier lives whilst alive. Our animal rights laws deem it fine to pack livestock into spaces where they cannot move and never see the light of day. The death is not the cruelest bit, it is how they are kept.

So you continue to improve ànimal welfare standards rather than extending the throat cutting of live animals.

By purchasing halal / kosher meat you are paying somebody to cut a fully conscious animal's throat.

I object to that. I'm surprised that you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What nonsense. There is legislation and procedures in place to minimise animals' suffering as they are slaughtered. Sure they're going to suffer a bit but the aim is to minimise it.

Unless it's halal or kosher slaughter.

Sadly,  even with these procédures and legislation in place , there is still abuse at abattoirs . Recently ,in France , workers in Slaughterhouses have been filming , undercover,  what goes on and it is horrifying and inhumane.

Whoops ,now you're drawing in me in .

Go decide for yourselves .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

So you continue to improve ànimal welfare standards rather than extending the throat cutting of live animals.

By purchasing halal / kosher meet you are paying somebody to cut a fully conscious animal's throat.

I object to that. I'm surprised that you don't.

I don't eat any meat mate. I'm not supporting it in anyway. I'm simply pointing out that there is extreme suffering that animals experience before the slaughter process, far worse than the halal/kosher slaughter process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...