IGNORED

Vegetarian Options at The Gate

DavidNoble

As touched upon in the older FGR topic, i think it's embarassing that Ashton gate only offers one vegetarian option (cheese and onion pasty). 

Any chance that they can introduce a slightly larger range that meat eaters could still be interested in?

#meatismurder

I'm not a vegetarian but I'd support this. I hate the default food options at nearly every leisure event in the UK. Meaty, fatty, processed splodge, hot dogs and burgers. Yuck. 

Don't eat it at home and don't want to eat it elsewhere. And don't want to taste my food for 12 hours after either. 

#meatismurder??????!!!!!!

are you on a wind up? Bring yourself some carrots sticks and dips down to the gate. Being a vegetarian at a football game your in a small minority so get used to having a cheese pasty and stop moaning. 

You go to football to watch football not look at the vegetarian options on a menu!! 

Maybe you should you should consider a FGR season ticket ?

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

are you on a wind up? Bring yourself some carrots sticks and dips down to the gate. Being a vegetarian at a football game your in a small minority so get used to having a cheese pasty and stop moaning. 

You go to football to watch football not look at the vegetarian options on a menu!! 

Yeah, balls to him. Nobody likes minorities. 

The catering department would all melt if they stocked some extra items wouldn't they? 

53 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

People want meat pies! If you can't get what you want at the ground then there's plenty of choice in the surrounding area.

Yes, they are the standard default options but there's not a great deal of choice for the murderers either.

I actually happen to agree that this is what football fans want, unfortunately. Fat, unwashed or pasty-fleshed individuals don't want other food options. If other options can be added, great but it ain't the end of the world. 

I certainly wouldn't want a rush of the nouveau middle-class Southville brigade turning up to clap politely with falafel and mung beans.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I certainly wouldn't want a rush of the nouveau middle-class Southville brigade turning up to clap politely with falafel and mung beans.

Not much chance of that, they're too busy moaning on Facebook about the parking, expressing their utter disbelief that there's a football/rugby ground in BS3 and generally maligning their fellow human beings. 

I agree with you that veggie's should have more options, and that cheese and onion is as dull as dishwater to a veggie as it is to a meat eater. My wife's a veggie, which pretty much makes me a veggie too (that's close to a line from a film, any guesses) as I can't be bothered to cook two different meals each night. But I'd actually prefer to eat vegetable pasty, or curried vegetable pasty as it's often tastier than some of the meat options where there's always a slight worry as to the source of the meat, how it's been stored, and was it made by a lazy git who doesn't give a damn what happens to those who eat it. Plus, who wants to spend most of Sunday regretting your purchase, and lets face it, it's always much worse having a sickie in your own time.

I couldnt agree more.

I am a gluten and dairy-free jewish muslim who is allergic to nuts and all I want is two or three different non-gluten, non-dairy, kosher, halal food without nuts.

THIS CLUB HAS BEEN ALL DOWNHILL SINCE BRISTOL SPORT - BOYCOTT

I'll often take the veggie option if I don't know the place as there's a good possibility that the meat is halal / kosher (throat cut whilst fully conscious and then hung up to bleed to death, animal cruelty in the name of allah / yahweh) and whilst I eat a lot of meat I don't agree with torturing animals to obtain it.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'll often take the veggie option if I don't know the place as there's a good possibility that the meat is halal / kosher (throat cut whilst fully conscious and then hung up to bleed to death, animal cruelty in the name of allah / yahweh) and whilst I eat a lot of meat I don't agree with torturing animals to obtain it.

Hadn't thought of that. Darn... 

5 hours ago, DavidNoble said:

As touched upon in the older FGR topic, i think it's embarassing that Ashton gate only offers one vegetarian option (cheese and onion pasty). 

Any chance that they can introduce a slightly larger range that meat eaters could still be interested in?

#meatismurder

While you make a fair point, is it really "embarrassing"?! Who are these people who are blushing when forced to describe to vegetarian menu at a football stadium?

5 hours ago, DavidNoble said:

#meatismurder

Before I took in a FGR game I'd have been a bit suspicious of your post, but having enjoyed the food at FGR I Have to agree with you.

Get yourself over to the Down Market Street thread on the sub-forum.

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

I agree with you that veggie's should have more options, and that cheese and onion is as dull as dishwater to a veggie as it is to a meat eater. My wife's a veggie, which pretty much makes me a veggie too (that's close to a line from a film, any guesses) as I can't be bothered to cook two different meals each night. But I'd actually prefer to eat vegetable pasty, or curried vegetable pasty as it's often tastier than some of the meat options where there's always a slight worry as to the source of the meat, how it's been stored, and was it made by a lazy git who doesn't give a damn what happens to those who eat it. Plus, who wants to spend most of Sunday regretting your purchase, and lets face it, it's always much worse having a sickie in your own time.

The wonderful Pulp Fiction. Haven't watched it in years.

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

33 minutes ago, Super said:

It's a football ground! you could always eat before or wait a few hours! 

Totally agree. And by the same token, why do we persist in still offering alcoholic drinks. Just results in people clogging up the walkways, doubling the size of the toilet queues because they need more than one piss per match. If you want a drink go to the pub. If you want to watch football......

18 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Totally agree. And by the same token, why do we persist in still offering alcoholic drinks. Just results in people clogging up the walkways, doubling the size of the toilet queues because they need more than one piss per match. If you want a drink go to the pub. If you want to watch football......

I go to football to have a beer. I don't go to football to eat some veggie nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I go to football to have a beer. I don't go to football to eat some veggie nonsense.

And I'm a teetotal vegetarian who wants something to eat before a match.

I'm not really, but just trying to make the point: this is just like the 'I want to stand', 'I want to sit where I want' etc debates, all about what 'I' want to do and f# anyone else. 

If the OP is a vegetarian, or even if he just wants an alternative to boiled cartilage and phlegm pie, he's entitled to make that point without being told to get his "nonsense" somewhere else by people who still want their own preferences met as part of going to watch football.

Cheese and Onion Pastys are fcuking great, I remember when it was just Meat Pies or Bovril. Maybe the Gate could add a VeggIe Quorn Hotdog, but I suppose the truth is its all about supply and demand. As for me, I find the Lamb Pasty exellent, but often miss out as the demand for those seem great.

Archived