Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian M

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Recommended Posts

Tweeting this isn't gonna help him to be welcomed back into the fold ;) 

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 21.06.39.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His chances of signing for us have increased slightly judging by what he has tweeted tonight regarding his current club who are playing Man United right now. Pretty much rules out the chance of staying on at Bournemouth and the Cherries fans seem to really hate him!

Tweets:

What a team goal that is #Rooney

People always wanna make a big deal about everything well done it was a good goal deal with it

People really hated that tweet just stating what I seen on my tv apologies if caused any offence

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

That first reply :facepalm:

I've just started a Lee Tomlin thread so feel free to merge it 

It's reflective of most Bournemouth fans' responses to be fair :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

That first reply :facepalm:

I've just started a Lee Tomlin thread so feel free to merge it 

I love Tomlin but if a City player tweeted that about a goal scored by a team we were playing, I'd be thinking EXACTLY what that fan is thinking..,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty stupid thing to do if that was one of our players this place would be in meltdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was any chance of him staying, think that's it probably gone.

Hopefully it also puts every other club off so we can get him back here next season :fingerscrossed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super said:

Pretty stupid thing to do if that was one of our players this place would be in meltdown.

Agree with that to be honest. Any sense and he could have added...come on the Cherries...or something. 

Not hugely professional, but its kind of meh. Have to assume he knows his bridges are burnt there already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't care if defecated on a bournemouth ball boy, I'd still be saying atheist prayers every night until he signs for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if it was a cracking goal it wouldn't bother me so much, I've clapped good goals scored against us in the past and what he tweeted isn't bad at all, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I love Tomlin but if a City player tweeted that about a goal scored by a team we were playing, I'd be thinking EXACTLY what that fan is thinking..,.

If Flinty commented on a great goal, I'm sure I would appreciate the sentiment for what it is… 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thatchersgold said:

the sun say Newcastle and Fulham also interested

I expect every team in the division would be interested if they could afford it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we do sign him permenantly he'll be spoken to about his use of Twitter. A fair few of our players have it, but we don't often see anything like this from our players. I reckon it's something we monitor heavily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if we do sign him permenantly he'll be spoken to about his use of Twitter. A fair few of our players have it, but we don't often see anything like this from our players. I reckon it's something we monitor heavily.

I'm sure that when LJ came in he said something about him keeping an eye on players & their social media comments etc - relating to players currently at the club and also potential signings. He does have Twitter, so am sure he occasionally checks up on the sort of comments players are making....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if we do sign him permenantly he'll be spoken to about his use of Twitter. A fair few of our players have it, but we don't often see anything like this from our players. I reckon it's something we monitor heavily.

Social media's a weird one. On the one hand it's given us an insight into players that we've never really had. They tend to be far more open than they would be when speaking to the media. I'm a bit torn with what I think about players on Twitter. You get all the love from them after a great result, but most tend to go quiet after a bad game. I'm not really a fan of players getting into online spats with fans. Can only end badly. For them. Sometimes a dignified silence is preferable.

 

Incidentally, unless I've not looked properly, I see that City's Twitter account no longer follows Tomlin. Although it no longer follows any of our loanees now...I think. Means probably nowt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

if it was a cracking goal it wouldn't bother me so much, I've clapped good goals scored against us in the past and what he tweeted isn't bad at all, 

Exactly this.  Sometimes quality needs recognition.  That was a great team goal.. I don't know if he's a United fan, perhaps too, but regardless there's nothing wrong in his tweet in my opinion.  

Obviously if Bournemouth had anything riding on it at all besides a one place increase in the league then maybe I can understand the vilification from their fans (not agree, but see where they're coming from), but the only three teams with anything riding on last nights game were Southampton, Palace and United.  I say Palace, because I think (but more than prepared to stand corrected!) that they now qualify for the Europa league as a result of United finishing fifth and qualifying through league position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Taz said:

If there was any chance of him staying, think that's it probably gone.

Hopefully it also puts every other club off so we can get him back here next season :fingerscrossed:

Quite right which club in their right mind would want to sign a talented attacking player when he Tweets such rubbish ?

The bloke's a liability.

 

 

 

 

 

Do you think that'll do it ? 

Bring him home Mr Ashton .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A group of City lads were rinsing the 15 year old AFCB warriors on there, some of the responses were classics

A lot of the young uns had 'AFCB & Liverpool' in there bios.....ripe for picking off one by one, how can you support two clubs? I understand most of us have soft spots for others, but to proudly announce yourself as a 'fan' of two clubs? Wobble your head, as one of my girls said to me the other day.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Social media's a weird one. On the one hand it's given us an insight into players that we've never really had. They tend to be far more open than they would be when speaking to the media. I'm a bit torn with what I think about players on Twitter. You get all the love from them after a great result, but most tend to go quiet after a bad game. I'm not really a fan of players getting into online spats with fans. Can only end badly. For them. Sometimes a dignified silence is preferable.

 

 

 

Incidentally, unless I've not looked properly, I see that City's Twitter account no longer follows Tomlin. Although it no longer follows any of our loanees now...I think. Means probably nowt.

 

Yeah it's a strange one - you've got to be so careful as a player it's probably not worth having one really at this level of football. I understand at top level accounts are often run by a PR team and are important for sponsorships etc (Ronaldo etc).

It's pretty unique having a manager with a Twitter account - brave thing to do really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh if he feels Bournemouth won't play him, he's probably not bothered.

But I can't see why he would come here permanently. He's at his peak & is desperate to play in the Prem. Could even go back to Boro now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Boros point of view though, he hasn't made the break through at that level with a team who has finished in the lower half of the table. Him and Howe may have had a falling out, but if he was that good (remember, trying to think of this from a Boro point of view)surely he would have got into the team at some point, rather than go on loan to a lower placed Championship team (us)?

As much as I like Tomlin, if we were in the Premiership would he be the first name on the team sheet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Taz said:

From Boros point of view though, he hasn't made the break through at that level with a team who has finished in the lower half of the table. Him and Howe may have had a falling out, but if he was that good (remember, trying to think of this from a Boro point of view)surely he would have got into the team at some point, rather than go on loan to a lower placed Championship team (us)?

As much as I like Tomlin, if we were in the Premiership would he be the first name on the team sheet? 

Hard to say. Need to see him for a full season. One thing I would say:  would a Premiership club let him get away with that physique? Can get away with it in the Champ as his game relies on skill and guile rather than pace.

I have my doubts he’d make much of an impact at the top. Let’s be honest, Bournemouth wouldn’t have let him go to us that easily if he was indispensable to them. The grumbling about the club would have been put to one side if they needed him and they obviously felt they didn’t.

It’s a bit like everyone raving about JET and being annoyed we let him go. You can play that way in League One, but you’re easily found out a league up.  As he himself found this season.

Clubs aren’t stupid. They don’t let good players go unless a. they demand to and they can get a decent fee for them. b. the players is no more than a squad player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bournemouth fans should be frocking grateful to be playing Man Utd in a league game and to have a team good enough to do without the talents of LT .

Exactly what crossed my mind when I saw this story Major. I mean seriously, this is bloody Bournemouth, playing Man Utd in the top flight at Old Trafford, and instead of doing cart-wheels off the ceiling about how far they've actually come, they're getting precious about a player who hasn't played for them in half a year, being impressed by the Man Utd goal.

If I was a Bournemouth fan, I'd be automatically impressed by the size, setup and quality of every Premiership team I visited - it should hardly be a surprise if a bit part player of theirs is. Unfortunately this is the product of Twitter - a place where the brevity and accessibility makes it possible to blow everything and anything said out of all reasonable proportions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ample gut tells me he will sign as he seems to have found a niche here. However, the "Lee Tomlin" song that was being sung at QPR would be enough for anybody to pack a suitcase and emigrate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much should City bid for Tomlin that's assuming he's in the managers plans I would think between 3-4 million would be a fair price as at Championship level he's probably as good as it gets.

If they are Interested need to make an early bid as you would think he will be attracting the interest of others , already heard Newcastle may bid £3 million if that's true I doubt City could compete with their salary package unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

How much should City bid for Tomlin that's assuming he's in the managers plans I would think between 3-4 million would be a fair price as at Championship level he's probably as good as it gets.

If they are Interested need to make an early bid as you would think he will be attracting the interest of others , already heard Newcastle may bid £3 million if that's true I doubt City could compete with their salary package unfortunately.

You're a newbie aren't you?

The "we should sign Tomlin" thread has been done numerous times and even if you've been reading this forum you should remember why it's not as simple of malking a bid.

its about several considerations. 1) would B'buff allow him to leave? 2) if they do allow him to move that would attract other clubs and a bidding war could erupt. 3) Would Tomlin sign for us? After all he sees himself as a PL player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're a newbie aren't you?

 

Nothings getting past you today Your Robboredness !!

For what it's worth I think he will sign

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Nothings getting past you today Your Robboredness !!

Spot on Ants.  :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Nothings getting past you today Your Robboredness !!

For what it's worth I think he will sign

 

 

I agree , i think he will sign, but for who ??? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I agree , i think he will sign, but for who ??? :ph34r:

He will sign for us in a deal worth circa £3.5m ............................. trust me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, hodge said:

Newcastle going to bid £3m supposedly.

We will bid £3.5m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

He will sign for us in a deal worth circa £3.5m ............................. trust me

You ITK Ants?   :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You ITK Ants?   :dunno:

Don't be daft that's a Russian football team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You ITK Ants?   :dunno:

Just remember where you heard it first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Would be surprised if he's here come the first game of the season! 

well then prepare to be surprised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Would be surprised if he's here come the first game of the season! 

He deffo wont be here in Bristol for the first game of the season -he'll be in Wolverhampton kicking of the new campaign for us in our opener at Molineux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

He deffo wont be here in Bristol for the first game of the season -he'll be in Wolverhampton kicking of the new campaign for us in our opener at Molineux. 

you ITK as well ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

you ITK as well? 

Shhh, Mums the word BT, mums the word... Ruski contacts like yourself -amazing that lot over there knows, can find out anything since that encounter with the spy who shagged me!

Oops, have I said too much?...maybe I havent said enough?  I had a dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...