IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

His chances of signing for us have increased slightly judging by what he has tweeted tonight regarding his current club who are playing Man United right now. Pretty much rules out the chance of staying on at Bournemouth and the Cherries fans seem to really hate him!

Tweets:

What a team goal that is #Rooney

People always wanna make a big deal about everything well done it was a good goal deal with it

People really hated that tweet just stating what I seen on my tv apologies if caused any offence

1 hour ago, Super said:

Pretty stupid thing to do if that was one of our players this place would be in meltdown.

Agree with that to be honest. Any sense and he could have added...come on the Cherries...or something. 

Not hugely professional, but its kind of meh. Have to assume he knows his bridges are burnt there already.

10 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I love Tomlin but if a City player tweeted that about a goal scored by a team we were playing, I'd be thinking EXACTLY what that fan is thinking..,.

If Flinty commented on a great goal, I'm sure I would appreciate the sentiment for what it is… 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if we do sign him permenantly he'll be spoken to about his use of Twitter. A fair few of our players have it, but we don't often see anything like this from our players. I reckon it's something we monitor heavily.

I'm sure that when LJ came in he said something about him keeping an eye on players & their social media comments etc - relating to players currently at the club and also potential signings. He does have Twitter, so am sure he occasionally checks up on the sort of comments players are making....

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if we do sign him permenantly he'll be spoken to about his use of Twitter. A fair few of our players have it, but we don't often see anything like this from our players. I reckon it's something we monitor heavily.

Social media's a weird one. On the one hand it's given us an insight into players that we've never really had. They tend to be far more open than they would be when speaking to the media. I'm a bit torn with what I think about players on Twitter. You get all the love from them after a great result, but most tend to go quiet after a bad game. I'm not really a fan of players getting into online spats with fans. Can only end badly. For them. Sometimes a dignified silence is preferable.

Incidentally, unless I've not looked properly, I see that City's Twitter account no longer follows Tomlin. Although it no longer follows any of our loanees now...I think. Means probably nowt.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

if it was a cracking goal it wouldn't bother me so much, I've clapped good goals scored against us in the past and what he tweeted isn't bad at all, 

Exactly this.  Sometimes quality needs recognition.  That was a great team goal.. I don't know if he's a United fan, perhaps too, but regardless there's nothing wrong in his tweet in my opinion.  

Obviously if Bournemouth had anything riding on it at all besides a one place increase in the league then maybe I can understand the vilification from their fans (not agree, but see where they're coming from), but the only three teams with anything riding on last nights game were Southampton, Palace and United.  I say Palace, because I think (but more than prepared to stand corrected!) that they now qualify for the Europa league as a result of United finishing fifth and qualifying through league position.

12 hours ago, Taz said:

If there was any chance of him staying, think that's it probably gone.

Hopefully it also puts every other club off so we can get him back here next season :fingerscrossed:

Quite right which club in their right mind would want to sign a talented attacking player when he Tweets such rubbish ?

The bloke's a liability.

Do you think that'll do it ? 

Bring him home Mr Ashton .

A group of City lads were rinsing the 15 year old AFCB warriors on there, some of the responses were classics

A lot of the young uns had 'AFCB & Liverpool' in there bios.....ripe for picking off one by one, how can you support two clubs? I understand most of us have soft spots for others, but to proudly announce yourself as a 'fan' of two clubs? Wobble your head, as one of my girls said to me the other day.....

4 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Social media's a weird one. On the one hand it's given us an insight into players that we've never really had. They tend to be far more open than they would be when speaking to the media. I'm a bit torn with what I think about players on Twitter. You get all the love from them after a great result, but most tend to go quiet after a bad game. I'm not really a fan of players getting into online spats with fans. Can only end badly. For them. Sometimes a dignified silence is preferable.

Incidentally, unless I've not looked properly, I see that City's Twitter account no longer follows Tomlin. Although it no longer follows any of our loanees now...I think. Means probably nowt.

Yeah it's a strange one - you've got to be so careful as a player it's probably not worth having one really at this level of football. I understand at top level accounts are often run by a PR team and are important for sponsorships etc (Ronaldo etc).

It's pretty unique having a manager with a Twitter account - brave thing to do really.

From Boros point of view though, he hasn't made the break through at that level with a team who has finished in the lower half of the table. Him and Howe may have had a falling out, but if he was that good (remember, trying to think of this from a Boro point of view)surely he would have got into the team at some point, rather than go on loan to a lower placed Championship team (us)?

As much as I like Tomlin, if we were in the Premiership would he be the first name on the team sheet? 

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

From Boros point of view though, he hasn't made the break through at that level with a team who has finished in the lower half of the table. Him and Howe may have had a falling out, but if he was that good (remember, trying to think of this from a Boro point of view)surely he would have got into the team at some point, rather than go on loan to a lower placed Championship team (us)?

As much as I like Tomlin, if we were in the Premiership would he be the first name on the team sheet? 

Hard to say. Need to see him for a full season. One thing I would say:  would a Premiership club let him get away with that physique? Can get away with it in the Champ as his game relies on skill and guile rather than pace.

I have my doubts he’d make much of an impact at the top. Let’s be honest, Bournemouth wouldn’t have let him go to us that easily if he was indispensable to them. The grumbling about the club would have been put to one side if they needed him and they obviously felt they didn’t.

It’s a bit like everyone raving about JET and being annoyed we let him go. You can play that way in League One, but you’re easily found out a league up.  As he himself found this season.

Clubs aren’t stupid. They don’t let good players go unless a. they demand to and they can get a decent fee for them. b. the players is no more than a squad player.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bournemouth fans should be frocking grateful to be playing Man Utd in a league game and to have a team good enough to do without the talents of LT .

Exactly what crossed my mind when I saw this story Major. I mean seriously, this is bloody Bournemouth, playing Man Utd in the top flight at Old Trafford, and instead of doing cart-wheels off the ceiling about how far they've actually come, they're getting precious about a player who hasn't played for them in half a year, being impressed by the Man Utd goal.

If I was a Bournemouth fan, I'd be automatically impressed by the size, setup and quality of every Premiership team I visited - it should hardly be a surprise if a bit part player of theirs is. Unfortunately this is the product of Twitter - a place where the brevity and accessibility makes it possible to blow everything and anything said out of all reasonable proportions. 

Archived