IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

How much should City bid for Tomlin that's assuming he's in the managers plans I would think between 3-4 million would be a fair price as at Championship level he's probably as good as it gets.

If they are Interested need to make an early bid as you would think he will be attracting the interest of others , already heard Newcastle may bid £3 million if that's true I doubt City could compete with their salary package unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

How much should City bid for Tomlin that's assuming he's in the managers plans I would think between 3-4 million would be a fair price as at Championship level he's probably as good as it gets.

If they are Interested need to make an early bid as you would think he will be attracting the interest of others , already heard Newcastle may bid £3 million if that's true I doubt City could compete with their salary package unfortunately.

You're a newbie aren't you?

The "we should sign Tomlin" thread has been done numerous times and even if you've been reading this forum you should remember why it's not as simple of malking a bid.

its about several considerations. 1) would B'buff allow him to leave? 2) if they do allow him to move that would attract other clubs and a bidding war could erupt. 3) Would Tomlin sign for us? After all he sees himself as a PL player.

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

He deffo wont be here in Bristol for the first game of the season -he'll be in Wolverhampton kicking of the new campaign for us in our opener at Molineux. 

you ITK as well ?

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

you ITK as well? 

Shhh, Mums the word BT, mums the word... Ruski contacts like yourself -amazing that lot over there knows, can find out anything since that encounter with the spy who shagged me!

Oops, have I said too much?...maybe I havent said enough?  I had a dream.

4 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Hard to say. Need to see him for a full season. One thing I would say:  would a Premiership club let him get away with that physique? Can get away with it in the Champ as his game relies on skill and guile rather than pace.

I have my doubts he’d make much of an impact at the top. Let’s be honest, Bournemouth wouldn’t have let him go to us that easily if he was indispensable to them. The grumbling about the club would have been put to one side if they needed him and they obviously felt they didn’t.

It’s a bit like everyone raving about JET and being annoyed we let him go. You can play that way in League One, but you’re easily found out a league up.  As he himself found this season.

Clubs aren’t stupid. They don’t let good players go unless a. they demand to and they can get a decent fee for them. b. the players is no more than a squad player.

Berbatov didn't exactly have a great physique, did pretty well though.

As for the tweet, fuss over nothing, why can't a player acknowledge a good goal?

2 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

Think you are about right on fee, not sure if we can give a large signing on fee to off set a lower salary or bonuses?

Suppose it depends on if he's guaranteed playing time at Newcastle if true but it is that ass wipe paper the Sun or if he wants regular place with us and adoration of the fans

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

He deffo wont be here in Bristol for the first game of the season -he'll be in Wolverhampton kicking of the new campaign for us in our opener at Molineux. 

Wolves are skint so no chance him going there 

5 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

Just bid more than Newcastle 

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

Suppose it depends on if he's guaranteed playing time at Newcastle 

If Newcastle keep hold of sissoko, townsend, shelvey, wijnaldum then we have a chance i think. Even if they keep 2 of those, he wont get into the team

Archived