IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

I didn't know where to put this post, because it applies to every rumour on here. But people have had us signing players and written off us signing players, based on nothing but tittle tattle. All this in 6 days of the transfer being open, whilst most of the football world is on holiday or preparing for a major tournament. 

I believe we will sign some good players in this summer, but I wouldn't imagine signing any of them just because MA and LJ snap their fingers, the football world just doesn't work like that.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I didn't know where to put this post, because it applies to every rumour on here. But people have had us signing players and written off us signing players, based on nothing but tittle tattle. All this in 6 days of the transfer being open, whilst most of the football world is on holiday or preparing for a major tournament. 

I believe we will sign some good players in this summer, but I wouldn't imagine signing any of them just because MA and LJ snap their fingers, the football world just doesn't work like that.

not even with synergy…?

the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions,etc.; synergism.

2 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

What about the one ruling out Nathan Baker, 10 minutes before he signed for us.

We could go on all night:drunk2: I don't know why I even have that screenshot but I couldn't help myself when I saw his 'reputation' had been brought up on here.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Face palm.  You have no sources pal.  Laughable to even suggest we offered JET over £10k a week.

Thanks Red Dave for your kind comments.. Having been associated and supported City for over 50 years I have plenty of sources both inside and outside the club.

There are two different sides of a football club ., what goes on inside and what the supporters see and are told. Unfortunately I cannot reveal my sources but I again say they are usually near the mark.  You can believe it or scoff at it no problem.  

Surely wages are not really an issue? As Tomlin hasn't asked to leave 'muff then are they not obliged to pay the difference for the remainder of his contract? So if we offer him 20k and he earns 25k 'muff then have to continue to pay him 5k a week. This would usually be covered by the transfer fee so that could be the only stumbling block.

Some very sensitive souls on here and on Twitter. We're only a week into June!!!!!!

7 hours ago, flipflopcity said:

Thanks Red Dave for your kind comments.. Having been associated and supported City for over 50 years I have plenty of sources both inside and outside the club.

There are two different sides of a football club ., what goes on inside and what the supporters see and are told. Unfortunately I cannot reveal my sources but I again say they are usually near the mark.  You can believe it or scoff at it no problem.  

Fine.  If you think that we offered JET £20k a week when he wasn't starting then you should start not believing your source.  Sit on the bench for double our next best paid player?!

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Fine.  If you think that we offered JET £20k a week when he wasn't starting then you should start not believing your source.  Sit on the bench for double our next best paid player?!

we didn't offer him 20k a week, ipswich paid a large amount of his wages as part of the player exchange between him and anderson

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

that must mean he's already signed then

You might have hit the nail well and truly with that.

Why was the webcam turned off all through last Friday? Perhaps the club realised after Brownhill was spotted holding his shirt up before the Club had announced that one, that we would see Tomlin doing the same.

As he is now on honeymoon, maybe all the parties agreed to keep it under wraps until he returns? I am not ITK, nor am I saying it is already a done deal but I suppose in the very close world of football, stranger things will have happened.

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

@flipflopcity says we offered him £20k a week to stay last summer and he turned it down as wanted £24k.  

I say that is baloney and he should start doubting his source.  

:laugh: absolute bull, why would we offer someone a wage that would make them the highest paid player in the clubs history just to play for the under 21's and sit on the bench,

42 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Why was the webcam turned off all through last Friday? Perhaps the club realised after Brownhill was spotted holding his shirt up before the Club had announced that one, that we would see Tomlin doing the same.

As he is now on honeymoon, maybe all the parties agreed to keep it under wraps until he returns? I am not ITK, nor am I saying it is already a done deal but I suppose in the very close world of football, stranger things will have happened.

this. Tomlin or someone else I would expect a downed webcam to mean an imminent signing from now on. not petulant or anything by the club, just logical that they would want to perform media duties with a player under their own terms. I'd be disappointed not to sign Lee, but if the club has pulled this off, there is something about that man and the time he spent here that would be the most incredible lift for this club. Certainly the most excited I've been about a player signing in my 21 years supporting city

59 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

12 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

this. Tomlin or someone else I would expect a downed webcam to mean an imminent signing from now on. not petulant or anything by the club, just logical that they would want to perform media duties with a player under their own terms. I'd be disappointed not to sign Lee, but if the club has pulled this off, there is something about that man and the time he spent here that would be the most incredible lift for this club. Certainly the most excited I've been about a player signing in my 21 years supporting city

While it's unlikely it was Tomlin (I can hope), we know the camera was down on Friday and today we hear LJ has shown a few players around, walking them out to the centre circle, sounds like we are busy and possibly someone new to be announced in the next few days (just putting 2+2 together, probably incorrectly)

Was it Friday when Tomlin was having his fun and games on twitter? If so he was in Leicester (think it was Leicester!) ahead of his wedding on Saturday, and I'm guessing that he wouldn't need the tour of the place - so I think we can discount the man from any 'cctv turned off' conspiracies from that particular day

Much as I want to believe this CCTV being turned off theory, think it’s very much wishful thinking.

My guess is that talks with Tomlin began over a week ago, with us making an initial offer to him salary-wise, and then things have been put on hold whilst he’s on his honeymoon. Gives him time to mull things over. The transfer fee is the easy part, and we know Bournemouth want to sell. You feel there’s probably a lot more negotiation to come with Tomlin. He’s not stupid though. He’ll know there’s only so much we can offer him. There’s no doubt he enjoyed his time with us, he knows we all adore him, but he probably needs a bit of time to make a decision.

I can’t see any Prem club coming in for him. Our main Champ rivals for his signature would be teams like Derby or Sheff Wed or Norwich. Can’t see him going to a basket case like Villa, and I really doubt Rafa Benitez will want him. Benitez likely to recruit a lot from abroad. There’s also the fact that he’s only just been in the north-east. Would he go back? Would he even have bought anywhere there? Or in Bournemouth for that matter? Also need to consider his age. He’s 26 isn’t he? This is a key time in his career. He won’t want to move clubs again in a year’s time.

Another factor that may work in our favour (I’m clutching at all straws available) is Des Kelly. Will know Bournemouth inside out. Might give us the upper hand in negotiations.

My hunch remains that he won’t join us. He’ll feel he can do better and want to start playing in the Prem as soon as possible. He joins us, he might be waiting a while.

18 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Much as I want to believe this CCTV being turned off theory, think it’s very much wishful thinking.

My guess is that talks with Tomlin began over a week ago, with us making an initial offer to him salary-wise, and then things have been put on hold whilst he’s on his honeymoon. Gives him time to mull things over. The transfer fee is the easy part, and we know Bournemouth want to sell. You feel there’s probably a lot more negotiation to come with Tomlin. He’s not stupid though. He’ll know there’s only so much we can offer him. There’s no doubt he enjoyed his time with us, he knows we all adore him, but he probably needs a bit of time to make a decision.

I can’t see any Prem club coming in for him. Our main Champ rivals for his signature would be teams like Derby or Sheff Wed or Norwich. Can’t see him going to a basket case like Villa, and I really doubt Rafa Benitez will want him. Benitez likely to recruit a lot from abroad. There’s also the fact that he’s only just been in the north-east. Would he go back? Would he even have bought anywhere there? Or in Bournemouth for that matter? Also need to consider his age. He’s 26 isn’t he? This is a key time in his career. He won’t want to move clubs again in a year’s time.

Another factor that may work in our favour (I’m clutching at all straws available) is Des Kelly. Will know Bournemouth inside out. Might give us the upper hand in negotiations.

My hunch remains that he won’t join us. He’ll feel he can do better and want to start playing in the Prem as soon as possible. He joins us, he might be waiting a while.

Can't argue with any of that. Said it weeks ago, I'd be amazed to see Tomlin back here, I wish the man well

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I think this might be a bit of a conspiracy - according to the website, all the five-minute images from Friday are there.

12 minutes ago, RockleazeRed said:

Out of interest, do we know what the record is for the longest potential signing thread? I remember Bukakke Buzacky being pretty big

I think it has generally been 10 pages before they turn us down.

Archived