IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

Well let's fill 2 pages with nonsense and see what happens at 20 and whether it reverses the 10 rule. I'll start, or did it begin 16 pages ago?

• The webcam has been turned off! It's definitely Tomlin signing
  • Ricky Tomlinson will be confirmed new manager and fired within a week for dancing on the bar in the Sports Bar and Grill at England vs Russia
  • Tomlin got married and needs to get his priorities straight. If he was really comitted to this club he would have delayed the wedding. Do we really want someone who isn't committed
  • My youtube isn't working on my lunchbreak so I have time for this
  • Tomlin and Agard are said to have fallen out for getting married at the same time and not inviting each other to their weddings
  • God we hate Marlon's Dad and we should stop players talking to their families in future
  • I resent that I have read most of the pages of this thread
  • Some bloke on Twitter knows everything so let's batter his account for information we could make up ourselves. Let's ask John Cleese instead. Maybe the Queen has an opinion.
  • Some other bloke called O'Neill is definitely signing, I know, the webcam went off.

3 hours ago, RockleazeRed said:

Well let's fill 2 pages with nonsense and see what happens at 20 and whether it reverses the 10 rule. I'll start, or did it begin 16 pages ago?

• The webcam has been turned off! It's definitely Tomlin signing
  • Ricky Tomlinson will be confirmed new manager and fired within a week for dancing on the bar in the Sports Bar and Grill at England vs Russia
  • Tomlin got married and needs to get his priorities straight. If he was really comitted to this club he would have delayed the wedding. Do we really want someone who isn't committed
  • My youtube isn't working on my lunchbreak so I have time for this
  • Tomlin and Agard are said to have fallen out for getting married at the same time and not inviting each other to their weddings
  • God we hate Marlon's Dad and we should stop players talking to their families in future
  • I resent that I have read most of the pages of this thread
  • Some bloke on Twitter knows everything so let's batter his account for information we could make up ourselves. Let's ask John Cleese instead. Maybe the Queen has an opinion.
  • Some other bloke called O'Neill is definitely signing, I know, the webcam went off.

All good points!!

After 18 pages all we know, as facts, are he's got married and gone on honeymoon. As nothing is going to happen, at least till he come back, we need some random discussion points to keep the thread going. How about, does he prefer red Source, brown Source, or no Source at all on a sausage sandwich? A 33.333 % chance to getting it right 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

After 18 pages all we know, as facts, are he's got married and gone on honeymoon. As nothing is going to happen, at least till he come back, we need some random discussion points to keep the thread going. How about, does he prefer red Source, brown Source, or no Source at all on a sausage sandwich? A 33.333 % chance to getting it right 

You're forgetting Mustard. Colman's , Dijon or one of those namby pamby mustards with raspberry bloody vinegar thrown in to the mix ? 

Ashton's got his work cut out .

Another of those threads that gets everyone buzzing filled with hope only to probably find we will fail to land him. And we will never know whether the offer was good or an attempt to get him on the cheap. Please let's hope it will not be a rerun of last year.

6 hours ago, City169 said:

While it's unlikely it was Tomlin (I can hope), we know the camera was down on Friday and today we hear LJ has shown a few players around, walking them out to the centre circle, sounds like we are busy and possibly someone new to be announced in the next few days (just putting 2+2 together, probably incorrectly)

Where has it said that LJ has shown players around? Must have missed that. Any links?

38 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Anyone seen stockhausen's video interview on the wade Elliot situation on Twitter? Extremely cringe IMO. Why is he doing interviews? I do take note of some things he says but doing personal interviews is a step too far...

It's one of the most awkward videos I've watched on the Internet

I don't mind the videos and I thought Andy Stockhausen gave some interesting background to the story.  It transpires that A S  was told by a Club official who wants to remain nameless that Wade was offered some support / assistance in his role but Wade wasn't happy with that. He probably took it as undermining him and legals were involved for ten days whilst settlement negotiations on his contract took place.  Depicted by AS as Wade's decision as much as the Club's.   It's obvious that  LJ wants Tommy Wright in as Assistant (probably imminent) and part of his role will be involvement with the under 21's. Who knows, perhaps  Wade is unconvinced that he wants to pursue a career in coaching and took the opportunity to get a settlement and move on.  He's an unusually intelligent footballer with good people and communication skills so there will be many options for him in and outside the game.

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

Anyone seen stockhausen's video interview on the wade Elliot situation on Twitter? Extremely cringe IMO. Why is he doing interviews? I do take note of some things he says but doing personal interviews is a step too far...

Why is this in a Tomlin thread?

7 hours ago, RockleazeRed said:

Out of interest, do we know what the record is for the longest potential signing thread? I remember Bukakke Buzacky being pretty big

Lingard was over 1,000 posts before we were denied.

Can someone who knows for sure how transfers work please put me out of my misery....no guesses or I think it works like this, I want to know for sure.

in the scenario that player x of club y is under contract and we approach to sign.  We agree a fee with club y but cannot agree wages, which are less than his current contracted wages.

Do we ask club y to contribute wages?  That sounds too one-sided in the buying club's favour.

Do they then ask for a larger fee?  

Do we try to cover off wages deficit with signing-on fee?

Player x hasn't requested a transfer, so is still entitled to any contractual bonuses, e.g. Annual lump sum.

Does everyone get round the table and try to thrash out something amenable to all parties?

I just don't know how it works.

17 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Just came across this... All the love being shown towards Tomlin may not be wasted... if you have a spare 58 minutes it's worth a watch, very honest interview & enlightening.

Watched it when he fist signed, the part where he says he doesn't care about money is my favourite :P

16 minutes ago, cynic said:

Easy to say when you actually have money.

Yes.. earning 25k per week means ypu can say those things.

The longer this goes on, the more that salary figure appears more and more grotesque, yes, sl is very wealthy, but i am really concerned that a 25k pw salary is just too much for bristol city, our levels of support just cant cover that.

I am pretty sure that this is a done deal, the fact that the only other summr we had Mark Ashton involved was the one where 90% of business was done prior to pre-season suggests that there is a precedent for pushing things through earlier rather than later.

Also in the Twitter / Instagram banter with Murray & Flint he makes reference to the number 10 shirt in both instances suggesting that his squad number is already sorted, could be wrong but seems a strange thing to be included both times.

10 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I am pretty sure that this is a done deal, the fact that the only other summr we had Mark Ashton involved was the one where 90% of business was done prior to pre-season suggests that there is a precedent for pushing things through earlier rather than later.

Also in the Twitter / Instagram banter with Murray & Flint he makes reference to the number 10 shirt in both instances suggesting that his squad number is already sorted, could be wrong but seems a strange thing to be included both times.

I wouldn't be so sure

Archived