IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

Recap, he has apparently signed and is out drinking coffee with half the team. When asked though he hasn't signed. We have a legit picture and they claim he said he signed. Its standard stuff really, just like everywhere else apparently.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s not as if they`re short of space on the OS, the Golbourne story`s been top of the list for best part of two days now.

Exactly. Content is lacking and we want content. What the media team actually do is beyond me. I could write an article on a player and publish it in no time at all. Why can't the club? Is it time constraints or is it they can't be bothered. I'll go with the later

29 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Spotted tomlin , freeman, waggy, ayling, flint, wilbs outside coffe#1 on queen square. No pics sorry. 

Forget Tomlin, I hope this means Waggy is coming back..

I am losing the will to live

I've gone beyond caring whether he signs or not

If he does sign it can now only be an anti-climax, and who knows whether he will be as good as when on loan (we've been there before).

Let's go with the kids who want to play and forget about prima donnas

4 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

...and wait and wait and wait...

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

and wait.. and wait and wait and wait  and wait.. and wait and wait and wait  and wait.. and wait and wait and wait  and wait.. and wait and wait and wait  and wait.. and wait and wait and wait  and wait.. and wait and wait and wait

It will be worth the wait. Just relax, fret no longer the pen has been used.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If he does sign it can now only be an anti-climax, and who knows whether he will be as good as when on loan (we've been there before).

Christ! Chill out! 

The level of hysteria on here is unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It's done people honest, I have no idea about the reason for the delay though

I do not doubt that at all. Everything points to this being done. This delay however is meaning that anything other than a Tomlin, Grabban, Baker, Ekstrand multi announcement is going to deflate many fans. Hahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Now who's being the prima donna :P

I really doubt the club have not announced it to tease the fans.  I've really enjoyed today, it's been fun.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Is this a joke? :laugh: He has signed so of course he wants to play for us!

On 7/1/2016 at 14:27, Southport Red said:

Apart from hearsay and conjecture, we are assuming the medical is done based on sky,the bournemouth echo, plus a journalist or 2s understanding. There is nothing from us, bournemouth or tomlin, how much chance is there that nothing has been happening? Its funny, every year the forum whips itself into a shark frenzy desperate to be fed.

Panic and Medical over.

Live stills from the @Leetomlin10 medical

Live stills from the @Leetomlin10 medical

RedM and Dollymarie are telling us he has signed. They would not put their reputations on the line like that if it wasn't true. We can all rest easy now...although if Rudolph Hucker comes on saying that he has had them too there might well be a bit of turbulence.

It is done. I trust RedM andDollymarie.

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Dolls you are closer to the club than most of us, are you able to shed any more light? When was it completed, are there any other incomings?

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Tis funny, if he has signed I would have thought that the club would want to let everyone know as soon as possible. As others have said, it shows the clubs ambition / intention and also alerts other potential players we mean business.

3 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

RedM and Dollymarie are telling us he has signed. They would not put their reputations on the line like that if it wasn't true. We can all rest easy now...although if Rudolph Hucker comes on saying that he has had them too there might well be a bit of turbulence.

So do I.

Baffling why it doesn't get announcedbut he's signed. Good man.

10 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If he does sign it can now only be an Auntie Climax, and who knows whether he will be as good as when on loan (we've been there before).

Had her.

7 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

How very dare you besmirch their fine names, sir? Their reputations are without doubt, intact.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

Relax. Good things come to those who wait.

A stitch in time saves nine. Make hay when the sun shines. Act in haste repent in leisure. Out of sight out of mind. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. A word to the wise is sufficient. Talk is cheap. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Beware Greeks bearing gifts. Many hands make light work. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Robbored says zzzzzzzzzzz

Lee Tomlin says it was always his desire to return to Bristol City.

The 27-year-old has put pen to paper on a three-year contract to complete an undisclosed fee switch from Premier League side AFC Bournemouth.

Tomlin is now determined to build on his successful loan spell of last season, which yielded six goals in 18 appearances.

“From the day the season finished I just wanted to come back,” Tomlin told Bristol City Player HD, in his exclusive first interview since returning.

“I loved every minute of my loan spell at Bristol City; the people and the fans.

“It was stressful at times this summer but I was just so desperate to come here. I can’t thank Steve Lansdown, Mark Ashton and the gaffer enough for making it happen.

“It feels like a big weight off my shoulders now that it’s done. Hopefully I can start where I left off from last season.”

With Tomlin in their team, City registered 28 points last season in their ultimately-successful bid to stave off relegation.

The season’s second-half form is something Tomlin is determined to build on as Ashton Gate prepares to be reopened as a 27,000-seater venue.

He added: “From the moment I came in under John Pemberton and then with the gaffer, the form was pretty much top six.

“The gaffer has said to me that to have a player of my calibre at Ashton Gate is massive.

“It was weird playing in the stadium with three sides and scaffolding everywhere. Hopefully it’ll be packed when the season begins and it’s important to make it our fortress.”

Tomlin’s first game back in a City shirt is set to be at Hengrove Athletic this Sunday (kick-off 2pm), with tickets still available

Archived