IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

Don't know what else I can add, just a big thankyou to all involved in this deal. A huge signing who would grace any Championship team and he signed for us! It feels so right, he lifted us when we needed lifting and brings the best out in all around him. Very happy with this and our intent.

The thought of seeing him line up against us for someone else was horrible.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It's a great interview. Obviously felt very at home with us. What a great evening…can't wait for the new season...and the Euros aren't even over yet.

He must have really meant some of the things he said at the end of last season about never having been appreciated at a club before he came to City and that has obviously been the motivation behind him coming back. Obviously he had to get a deal that was right for him but I don`t think his desire to be here was ever in doubt.

6 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Excellent business if true. Around £2m then?

Guessing so yes, here's the tweet...

So is Lee Tomlin #BristolCity's record buy? Sources at this end of the deal say no, it's less than the £2.25m paid for Nicky Maynard.

40 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

In my opinion this transfer was going nowhere in the hands of Ashton until young Ross Beecroft used his charms to bring Tomlin to the Gate. All hail the Beecroft!

How true. A display of colourful local knowledge did the trick in clinching Lee's monograph : a tour of the beauty spots, cemetries, strip clubs  and well-known theatrical sayings of South Bristol : Ashton Vale, Arnos Vale, the Dance of the Seven Veils, 'Twas all to no avail. and probably most impressive a searing analysis of a parking dilemma "Thees got 'un wer theese casn't  back 'un 'asn't"    Stupendous virtuoso stuff from Ross

5 minutes ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

Bargain, although we'll never know how much of a burden on the club his wages could be. Worth it though I reckon. Maybe we've waived some sort of promotion bonus on Adomah and Middlesbrough have waived a sell on bonus on Tomlin, hence a lower transfer fee. That would explain why it has taken so long.

Could well be, never considered that but it does make a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

An hour and a half ago he was complaining about big signings being primadonnas and that maybe we should look elsewhere.

Anyone would think he just likes moaning.

The old boy has supported this (useless!) club for eight decades - eight frickin decades. There's been about six good seasons in that time! No wonder he moans/frets/despairs. Let him moan!

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The old boy has supported this (useless!) club for eight decades - eight frickin decades. There's been about six good seasons in that time! No wonder he moans/frets/despairs. Let him moan!

With this club he should be grateful it's been as many as six!

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I give it 2 hours before someone finds something to moan about again. 

I preferred the chase... now what to look forward to? 

Oh yeah, Lee Tomlin, duh 

Archived