IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

There may be some truth in this.

Rod Stewart is doing a gig at Carrow Road on Saturday. Don't know if LT is a fan, but you never know.

If only Steve Lansdown's wife could tell us. Maggie May know.

Please can the silly season end ASAP. One statement, with no supporting facts, and I've had to scroll through nearly 40 posts to find out it's rubbish. I'm going to do a Horace and hibernate until it's safe. Wake me up in July. 

44 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Please can the silly season end ASAP. One statement, with no supporting facts, and I've had to scroll through nearly 40 posts to find out it's rubbish. I'm going to do a Horace and hibernate until it's safe. Wake me up in July. 

My statement didn't need any facts. But if you insist, Rod Stewart recorded it for his Evetry Picture Tells A Story album which was released in 1971. I thought the Faces played on it as they were his backing band on TOTP but not all of them were the recording musicians. John Ravenscroft played mandolin on TOTP.

6 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

My statement didn't need any facts. But if you insist, Rod Stewart recorded it for his Evetry Picture Tells A Story album which was released in 1971. I thought the Faces played on it as they were his backing band on TOTP but not all of them were the recording musicians. John Ravenscroft played mandolin on TOTP.

Jacka from Lindisfarne played on the studio version.

See, this thread is a veritable feast of facts.

20 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Jacka from Lindisfarne played on the studio version.

See, this thread is a veritable feast of facts.

Very true Mr Riley.  No one on this thread, or any other within OTIB, would deliberately misconstrue another post purely to gain a cheap laugh! 

I now have this picture of Lindisfarne members waiting to greet Paul Gascoigne somewhere on the touchline of a football pitch. 

2 hours ago, cynic said:

You may well be right, but I reckon we have as good a chance as any.

The bigger championship clubs (relegated teams) won't be interested and I can't see any Premier sides going for him as he's unproven at that level at 27 years old and he'll also be wanting a decent contract term. 

If the club can get the financials sorted (big IF), then its feasible.

On what basis can you say the bigger championship clubs won't be interested? He is a proven performer at this level and arguably one of the best and most creative players in the division. Exactly the sort of player they would be looking for, surely?

55 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I've got this LP (remember them). I haven't listened to it for a long time but I'm sure there is no track about Lee Tomlin going to Norwich. A neat  link to Steve Lansdown's wife (is she really called Maggie?) doesn't change the fact that the OP is rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Thats what we think.

Its not necessarily what other clubs think.

His agent needs to do a very good selling job if he is to go to one of the top clubs imo.

I think his reputation extends beyond this club. Bournemouth were willing to pay £3.5m for him. And it was widely considered a great bit of business getting him to Ashton Gate before he'd even kicked a ball here - because of the perception that he was a bit too good for us.

Archived