IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

4 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

So, will Roy be a radish, beetroot or tomato on the back pages tomorrow?

This will be on the front pages. At least it will make a change from the EU / Conservative Party / Labour Party chaos. 

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

How many managers we going to keep blaming? Woy is obviously a ranker but at some stage we are just going to have to admit the players are not good enough 

Those players are better man for man than Iceland.  So that excuse doesn't rub. 

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

Make no mistake Hodgson should go but those players should hang their heads in shame, an absolute shocking performance.

Absolutely right but the problem is the same players will be picked again and again. Culture of England football I'm afraid.

Clueless. The management, coaches, players. Utterly hopeless. Inept. 

For those football 'purists' beaten by a team of second and third rate players. 

Rip your bleeding coaching manuals up will you now. Keep it simple from now on. All players taught from day one, play it forward. Pass only forward. Learn from that.

Shocked.

10 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Pretty poor that but I must be one of the few that is unsurprised.  We will never succeed at international football until we invest real money in grassroots and coaching.

With you on that Nibor. I predicted an Iceland win. We've been an unprepared in all our games. Haven't found a system or best 11. We have a group of individuals instead of a team out there. Be interesting to see who the next Head Coach is.

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Pretty poor that but I must be one of the few that is unsurprised.  We will never succeed at international football until we invest real money in grassroots and coaching.

I'll join you with that first sentence; I blame our Swedish City fan who comes on here and almost every other thread is Lars Lagerback this and Lars Lagerback that. The arch nemesis, has never lost to England and so that record goes on.

What a fantastic team performance by Iceland and that defence; oh if we had that. To be fair lads and lasses, we did know that our defence was 5hit... no two ways about it.. we knew they were inept, we knew we had no chance of getting anywhere in this tournament.

In an odd paradoxical sort of way I would prefer to lose to Iceland than to France because I think Iceland have a better chance of beating them.

Goodbye Roy; should have been Arry in the first place, said it then saying it again now. Too late for him now of course.

But the overriding feeling is that England are under perrennial pressure to win something and every tournament it gets worse and worse and boy did it show tonight.

4 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Clueless. The management, coaches, players. Utterly hopeless. Inept. 

For those football 'purists' beaten by a team of second and third rate players. 

Rip your bleeding coaching manuals up will you now. Keep it simple from now on. All players taught from day one, play it forward. Pass only forward. Learn from that.

Shocked.

Yeah, exactly how French, German, Brazilian, Argentine etc young players are taught to play..

Problem is, every one of those players will go back to their fancy homes and cars, and forget all about it the moment the new season starts.

Every single one of those players is capable of much better than what they did today. I have seen us beaten many times, but that was the worst collective performance I have ever seen. Frankly, it is bugger all to do with the premier league on this occasion, it is to do with players playing as if they were Sunday League players. How the hell these players can have under performed the almost zero expectations I had, god only knows.

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I'll join you with that first sentence; I blame our Swedish City fan who comes on here and almost every other thread is Lars Lagerback this and Lars Lagerback that. The arch nemesis, has never lost to England and so that record goes on.

What a fantastic team performance by Iceland and that defence; oh if we had that. To be fair lads and lasses, we did know that our defence was 5hit... no two ways about it.. we knew they were inept, we knew we had no chance of getting anywhere in this tournament.

In an odd paradoxical sort of way I would prefer to lose to Iceland than to France because I think Iceland have a better chance of beating them.

Goodbye Roy; should have been Arry in the first place, said it then saying it again now. Too late for him now of course.

But the overriding feeling is that England are under perrennial pressure to win something and every tournament it gets worse and worse and boy did it show tonight.

'Arry should never be near the England job, the blokes a fraud

Archived