IGNORED

Raheem Sterling

reddogkev

14 hours ago, Super said:

No doubt these blokes have kids. What kind of example is that setting? Disgusting.

I see in today's paper the 'main chap' has been identified. He's been banned for life and has lost his job as a result. 

The man refutes the claim he is a racist, saying he was calling Sterling a "Manc c***".

48 minutes ago, Undy English said:

I see in today's paper the 'main chap' has been identified. He's been banned for life and has lost his job as a result. 

The man refutes the claim he is a racist, saying he was calling Sterling a "Manc c***".

That's all right then! :shocking:

53 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Does anyone actually say that though? I've lived in London for 15 years and never heard anyone describe people from Manchester as "Manc" as an insult. Absolute horseshit in my view. 

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

60 years old.

22 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's all right then! :shocking:

Probably not, but that happens everywhere. 

Ive hurled abuse at Jason mcateer once from the dolman.

id be very surprised if you haven’t 

19 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Does anyone actually say that though? I've lived in London for 15 years and never heard anyone describe people from Manchester as "Manc" as an insult. Absolute horseshit in my view. 

I have.

As an aside, does everyone think Matthew Sayed’s tweet was acceptable?

Ive watched that clip over and over and I really cannot categorically say I know what the bloke is saying.

Manc **** seems as plausible as anything else. But whilst Sayed is very clever with his language he cleverly insinuates it’s racial abuse.

Is it the alleged racial element of the abuse that’s the issue or just that it’s verbal abuse in general? If it’s the latter then the majority are guilty on a regular basis, regardless of ethnicity or religion 

14 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I have.

I once shouted at Kemal Izzet that he wasn't as good as his brother Muzzey.. 

He didn't like that at all... 

52 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Can't say I've ever hurled abuse at Jason McAteer. :)

We've all given players a right earful ( particularly our own!!) but I think there is a slight difference if you do so from way back up in the Dolman. The Chelsea fan gave Sterling both barrels from only a few feet away  so right in his face. We can argue all we like that player put themselves in the spotlight, earn oodles of money so should expect a bit back, but I can't see that this type of abuse can be condoned in any way, shape or form 

42 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I once shouted at Kemal Izzet that he wasn't as good as his brother Muzzey.. 

He didn't like that at all... 

I told Anthony Rougher that he wasn't as good as his brother Tony! :)

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Can't say I've ever hurled abuse at Jason McAteer. :)

We've all given players a right earful ( particularly our own!!) but I think there is a slight difference if you do so from way back up in the Dolman. The Chelsea fan gave Sterling both barrels from only a few feet away  so right in his face. We can argue all we like that player put themselves in the spotlight, earn oodles of money so should expect a bit back, but I can't see that this type of abuse can be condoned in any way, shape or form 

I thought that when I typed it?

back to the post, it’s not a great look and we can condone the behaviour, however whether I did it from the dolman or 5 feet away, it’s still not right but will happen tens of thousands of times this weekend. 

Should you lose your lively hood over it?

I still don’t know if I think Syed’s tweet is acceptable 

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think any adult shouting like that at a player shouldn't be at a football match anyway. I'm all for pantomime stick and booing but that crosses a line for me.

Don’t disagree Stan, obviously a very angry person, but not uncommon.

I just hope Matthew Syed is 100% right that the individual is a racist who discriminates against others because of this and can clearly demonstrate that he is racially abusing Raheem Sterling. 

With his public base, it’s s serious accusation to make with life altering consequences.

Archived