IGNORED

Raheem Sterling

reddogkev

Feel it is worthy of a thread, but why, why, why is he playing for England?

Absolute rubbish.

Never in a million years worth 49 million quid (which I penned a thread about last season, but that's another issue),

and his miss was shocking.

But the biggest crime of all is Hodgson playing him yet again.

I don't expect him to start the 2nd half, if he does, Roy should resign instantly.

Shouldn't be involved for the remainder of our campaign, whether that be 1 game or getting out of our group. Vardy is unlucky, has had a storming season both for Leicester and has done well for England, but can't get into the team now ahead of people who struggle. Being fair to Lallana he's had a good half.

Turning an England thread about an over rated player to city. 

This is why players like Gayle are valued at 9 million quid. Hence wages for players like Tomlin are 30K a week, it has a knock on effect. You okay 49 million plus 100K plus a week for a player who can't ******* control a ball or cross a ball , it has a knock on effect to everyone , unfortunately

You know how some countries look through a player's family tree to find a tenuous link which will enable them to claim the player as their own? I'm thinking Mark Lawrenson etc.

Is it possible that the English FA can do the same to prove that Sterling isn't really English so that we can have him sent home from France straightaway and then deported? ;)

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bizarrely I thought he was a constant threat (without producing anything of note) against Russia. 

Poor today though. I'm not a fan of Sterling and happy not to see him play for England. 

His confidence was already low and that miss today finished him off.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

He's far from rubbish. He's a 21 year old lad who's form and confidence is low. Hopefully he kicks on over the next few seasons and fulfills his potential

Agree. Moving to MC was an awful decision from him, hasn't settled and struggled with the 50M price tag. Confidence is shot.

Apparently, Roy "deserves great credit" for his substitutions, or in other words, correcting his glaring error of picking a player in poor form all season, and low on confidence, on Saturday, and then picking him again today! When you've got 24 goal Vardy and a fine finisher in Sturridge to pick instead. B0ll0cks.

We have also been told Vardy is a "one trick pony" and doesn't have the game for international football. But we were playing Wales, with a hotch potch team of Championship trundlers and Prem journeymen. And he doesn't have the game to start against that lot?

Roy deserves credit? Utter sh1te. 

Still, chuffed to shut Bale up and not give them the result to crow about for years to come. 

26 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

He's far from rubbish. He's a 21 year old lad who's form and confidence is low. Hopefully he kicks on over the next few seasons and fulfills his potential

23 minutes ago, Super said:

Agree. Moving to MC was an awful decision from him, hasn't settled and struggled with the 50M price tag. Confidence is shot.

You both might be correct but I am at a loss to understand his inclusion in the England squad based on his past 12 months performances, I think it might have been better if Woy had said, "i'm not taking you son, have a good holiday, count your money and try concentrating on playing football next season and I will give you bell".

Me I think he will struggle again at Manc and Pep will not be as pressurised as Pellegrini to include him.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Sadly another promising young player having his head turned by an agent who can only see a big pay day, rather than what's best for his cleients long term career.

I used to love supporting England, when the likes of Lineker, Beardsley, Hoddle, Gazza, Shearer, Sheringham etc were playing but my love has waned over the years, sadly to the point where I don't care if they win or lose. In fact, I'd rather see them lose, as to be honest, I just don't like most of the players. Theyve bought into the hype of how great they are when the fact is they're not all that. I don't mind England being average, I just wish we didn't pretend that we seem to have some god given right to win things, and when we don't it was because of bad luck, or cheating foreigners. The simple fact of the matter is we're just not good enough, and haven't been for a long time. Stirling is a prime example of the hype, he's never worth £50M and never will be, and you could buy 2, 3, or even 4 foreign players for that amount who'll be better than him, the likes of Payet and Mahrez immediately springs to mind. We proved it ourselves didn't we with Kodjia, £2.2M for a 20 goal striker that would've cost £9M if he'd been English. Rant Over.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bizarrely I thought he was a constant threat (without producing anything of note) against Russia. 

Poor today though. I'm not a fan of Sterling and happy not to see him play for England. 

I think Rashford, on the other hand, looks like a find... in his brief spell on the pitch thought he looked a right handful. Something to look forward to for years to come I hope. Sterling will be a distant memory fairly quickly I think unless he has a metamorphosis.

3 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Agree.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not sure of "constant threat" but he wasn't anywhere near as bad (imho) as most posters thought on Saturday.

Today he was poor.

Vardy did very little other than his goal....which I'm very grateful for.  In a game of ifs, buts and maybes, I'm very glad that cross came off of Ashley Williams's head.

I think again it highlighted how much we miss the much-maligned (but imho a fantastically talented) Danny Welbeck in the left-Forward position.

21 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think Rashford, on the other hand, looks like a find... in his brief spell on the pitch thought he looked a right handful. Something to look forward to for years to come I hope. Sterling will be a distant memory fairly quickly I think unless he has a metamorphosis.

I've sent him a copy...

image.jpeg

He is the one player that proves Burns is worth persevering with. Pace alone and zilch end product can nail you £49m... Burns has everything you cannot teach and some or what you can. For us he could be a great player. One decent run and his value will be staggering - in the Cotterill sense. 

22 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He is the one player that proves Burns is worth persevering with. Pace alone and zilch end product can nail you £49m... Burns has everything you cannot teach and some or what you can. For us he could be a great player. One decent run and his value will be staggering - in the Cotterill sense. 

Yannick Bolaisie is another great example of this.

Archived