IGNORED

By the end of August.....

Tinmans Love Child

.....I think we will have a fair idea of how the season will pan out.  Obviously nothing is decided in August, but playing the 3 relegated Prem teams all in a row (who will all be up there as faves for promotion) and 2 of the promoted teams (who will be faves for relegation) our points tally will be very interesting.  If we get say 10 points from those 5 games I think we will be feeling reasonably confident of our chances going forward.  

Pending sky TV changing the fixtures, it will be great to see hopefully some 20k plus attendances for Newcastle and Villa games, especially if we start off well v Wigan and Burton

14 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

.....I think we will have a fair idea of how the season will pan out.  Obviously nothing is decided in August, but playing the 3 relegated Prem teams all in a row (who will all be up there as faves for promotion) and 2 of the promoted teams (who will be faves for relegation) our points tally will be very interesting.  If we get say 10 points from those 5 games I think we will be feeling reasonably confident of our chances going forward.  

Pending sky TV changing the fixtures, it will be great to see hopefully some 20k plus attendances for Newcastle and Villa games, especially if we start off well v Wigan and Burton

we could lose the first 10 games and then win 25 of the final 36 and still win the league,

so i will have to dis agree with you on that one, a fairer reflection could be by the end of October,

If you remember our relegation season under McInnes we lost the first game then smashed Palace and Cardiff :( and were shite for the next 7 months

Not sure about this. If we come through August and September with a reasonable haul of points then I think we can hope for a season without too much worry.

On the other hand, if we finish the first couple of months with only a handful of points it won't be time to panic right away. August & September is the toughest part of our season on paper and it will get easier.

The 2012/13 season was a weird one as it did start surprisingly well, and also featured a run of good form after S'OD took over. The problem was that the bad bits of the season were insanely bad. That said, Lee Johnson suffered a terrible run with Barnsley last season and if we get one of those at the wrong time this season we could be in trouble.

36 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Not sure about this. If we come through August and September with a reasonable haul of points then I think we can hope for a season without too much worry.

On the other hand, if we finish the first couple of months with only a handful of points it won't be time to panic right away. August & September is the toughest part of our season on paper and it will get easier.

The 2012/13 season was a weird one as it did start surprisingly well, and also featured a run of good form after S'OD took over. The problem was that the bad bits of the season were insanely bad. That said, Lee Johnson suffered a terrible run with Barnsley last season and if we get one of those at the wrong time this season we could be in trouble.

7 points by the end of august and 17 points by the end of sept, that will do me ;)

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

we could lose the first 10 games and then win 25 of the final 36 and still win the league,

so i will have to dis agree with you on that one, a fairer reflection could be by the end of October,

If you remember our relegation season under McInnes we lost the first game then smashed Palace and Cardiff :( and were shite for the next 7 months

If my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle!  The point being made was we are playing arguably the three strongest teams in August, plus two relegation candidates, therefore it will be an interesting gauge of how the recruitment has gone, and how we fair against this calibre of teams

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle!  The point being made was we are playing arguably the three strongest teams in August, plus two relegation candidates, therefore it will be an interesting gauge of how the recruitment has gone, and how we fair against this calibre of teams

Important first two games for me, looking ideally for at least four points which should give us confidence going into the games against the relegated teams. 

Whilst I agree nothing is won in August, we don't want to be entering those games with two bad results. Although knowing city, will lose the first two and win the following three games!

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Probably the best time to play them as wont necessarily have any momentum, unlikely to have any knowledge playing against us so here's hoping for some early season scalps 

22 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Probably the best time to play them as wont necessarily have any momentum, unlikely to have any knowledge playing against us so here's hoping for some early season scalps 

I'm thinking this too. Let's hope it takes a while for the ex Prem and ex L1 sides to adjust. It took us a while! May depend on whether the ex Prem teams are bedding in a lot of new players, or whether they are still lacking confidence following relegation. On balance, though, I prefer to play them early.

21 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Lose the first 10 games and I dread to think what this forum will be like.

Archived