IGNORED

How Much ?

Grey Fox

FIFA have announced ticket prices for the 2018 World Cup for those mad enough to go to Russia.

Final tickets $455---$1100

Group Games from $105 (£81)

"We wanted to make sure that we priced tickets fairly to make the events accessible to as many people as possible" FIFA General Secretary Fat Sam.

RIP International Football

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's an appalling location for a World Cup. The country itself is so vast, logistical nightmare. It's a travesty that England hasn't hosted one since 96.

there was a world cup in 96? :D 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

there was a world cup in 96? :D 

I did wonder whether it was worth editing my post to make it absolutely clear what I meant but thought no body would be boring enough to point that out as it was obvious what I meant - I forgot that you've started posting again ;) :P

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I did wonder whether it was worth editing my post to make it absolutely clear what I meant but thought no body would be boring enough to point that out as it was obvious what I meant - I forgot that you've started posting again ;) :P

we all know what you meant, :whistle2::banana:

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Our team should concentrate on 2020 cricket. They can't be any worse at that than they are at football. 

Give 'em time!

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Our team should concentrate on 2020 cricket. They can't be any worse at that than they are at football. 

I think you have a good point there,

When England hit a real low in cricket in the 90's they went away planned for the future andachieved those goal by becoming world no1 test nation winning a 20/20 world cup and slowly improving the 1 day side,

What isn't the FA asking the ECCB for help?

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I think you have a good point there,

When England hit a real low in cricket in the 90's they went away planned for the future andachieved those goal by becoming world no1 test nation winning a 20/20 world cup and slowly improving the 1 day side,

What isn't the FA asking the ECCB for help?

The ECB revolutionised the way the England Cricket team are handled by handing them central contracts. They effectively became England players rather than County players. The ECB occasionally release these players to their county's, usually at the start of the summer so they can get 'warmed' up for the Tests / One day games but thats about it. If their County is lucky, they may get 3-4 matches out of their England stars in all formats of the game.

The FA just can't implement that model because of the money involved. Just imagine the transfer fee's involved in signing all the England footballers from their clubs. Yet alone funding their wages. If the FA were making the income from the sale of the Premier League TV rights, then maybe something could be done. However, the FA and the Premier League are two completely separate organisations, and there is already some animosity between the two of them anyway over fixture scheduling, homegrown players etc.

Cricket is run completely differently. The ECB makes all the money from the sale of its cricket rights. And it pays for the salaries for all the England contracted players (Circa £700k per year) out of this money, whilst also subsidising all of the County teams in England as the Counties make no money at all!

The England team is effectively the cash cow of cricket in this country. 

11 minutes ago, Kezman said:

The ECB revolutionised the way the England Cricket team are handled by handing them central contracts. They effectively became England players rather than County players. The ECB occasionally release these players to their county's, usually at the start of the summer so they can get 'warmed' up for the Tests / One day games but thats about it. If their County is lucky, they may get 3-4 matches out of their England stars in all formats of the game.

The FA just can't implement that model because of the money involved. Just imagine the transfer fee's involved in signing all the England footballers from their clubs. Yet alone funding their wages. If the FA were making the income from the sale of the Premier League TV rights, then maybe something could be done. However, the FA and the Premier League are two completely separate organisations, and there is already some animosity between the two of them anyway over fixture scheduling, homegrown players etc.

Cricket is run completely differently. The ECB makes all the money from the sale of its cricket rights. And it pays for the salaries for all the England contracted players (Circa £700k per year) out of this money, whilst also subsidising all of the County teams in England as the Counties make no money at all!

The England team is effectively the cash cow of cricket in this country. 

I understand the central contact thing, I'm on about more of the development side of things, coaching etc,

The cricket team seem to be able to produce quality players on a consistent basis, these players are developing at counties before they get the central contracts, I feel its worth a discussion but then I'm not a billionaire/millionaire with a vested interest,  

Rather eat my own s**t than go to Russia for a World Cup!! They could give the tickets away for free and I still wouldn't go!!

And before anyone says anything I've been to Russia to watch a club match zenit v cska few years back and also watched England over there. Truly a shocking and scary experience !! Not to mention cold and corrupt. 

Its one reason why I'm not bothering re mewing my England fans membership. 

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Rather eat my own s**t than go to Russia for a World Cup!! They could give the tickets away for free and I still wouldn't go!!

And before anyone says anything I've been to Russia to watch a club match zenit v cska few years back and also watched England over there. Truly a shocking and scary experience !! Not to mention cold and corrupt. 

Its one reason why I'm not bothering re mewing my England fans membership. 

Haven't been, but know some who have....and I wouldn't go either.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Haven't been, but know some who have....and I wouldn't go either.

Twice is enough for me, st Petersburg is truly a beautiful place but I can honestly say I've never felt so scared at any football match in my life ! 

Archived