Jump to content
IGNORED

2697 Season Ticket left for City fans


Bat Fastard

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Please,don't hold your breath..the club have missed a trick big time with this.very short term thinking.

What "trick" have they missed exactly? The top tier will be opened if demand dictates. The lower bowl has more than enough capacity for most fixtures and ensures the supporters are condensed into a smaller area, with the double benefit of improving the atmosphere and reducing operating costs. No ones who wants a ticket will miss out and their is ample capacity to ensure all season ticket holders are able to choose a good seat with a good view. Cardiff's stadium has an almost identical layout and they have done the same.

It's a pragmatic decision and the club aren't going to throw money down the drain simply to satisfy the whims of a small minority of supporters who throw their toys out of the pram because they can't sit in the top tier every week. A first world problem if ever there was one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting quote. I had heard that the club may be opening the West Stand upper for away fans if demand existed...

Would tally with Andrew Billingham's comment in this interview: http://www.xtratimewest.co.uk/football/bristol-city-2016-17-andrew-billingham-relishing-clashes-championship-big-guns

"With 27,000 seats to fill, my hope is that we can attract 4-5,000 away fans, which will then help to inspire the local Bristol community."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What "trick" have they missed exactly? The top tier will be opened if demand dictates. The lower bowl has more than enough capacity for most fixtures and ensures the supporters are condensed into a smaller area, with the double benefit of improving the atmosphere and reducing operating costs. No ones who wants a ticket will miss out and their is ample capacity to ensure all season ticket holders are able to choose a good seat with a good view. Cardiff's stadium has an almost identical layout and they have done the same.

It's a pragmatic decision and the club aren't going to throw money down the drain simply to satisfy the whims of a small minority of supporters who throw their toys out of the pram because they can't sit in the top tier every week. A first world problem if ever there was one.

You can be sure that on a number of occasions we will see the lower bowl to its capacity-when infact without the 'trick being missed we would have sold more seats.there would have to be a sensible cut off point re;decision making-that "continue with just lower bowl capacity/open top half" moment??...its at this point the 'trick is indeed likely to be missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting quote. I had heard that the club may be opening the West Stand upper for away fans if demand existed...

 

I am unsure how this will work for segregation, also having away fans behind and above home fans is not optimal. They really messed up in not having the Atyeo given fully to away fans and finding our fans a good place in the ground to make a new home. Segregation in and out the stand, stewarding, and ticketing would have been far easier and cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

 

I am unsure how this will work for segregation, also having away fans behind and above home fans is not optimal. They really messed up in not having the Atyeo given fully to away fans and finding our fans a good place in the ground to make a new home. Segregation in and out the stand, stewarding, and ticketing would have been far easier and cheaper.

It's doable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting quote. I had heard that the club may be opening the West Stand upper for away fans if demand existed...

Having spoken to the police coordinator about this at a previous FAN meeting, I think it's highly unlikely that they would allow away fans in the upper West tier. 

Unless some things have been finished differently during construction, they were not entertaining the possibility at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

You can be sure that on a number of occasions we will see the lower bowl to its capacity-when infact without the 'trick being missed we would have sold more seats.there would have to be a sensible cut off point re;decision making-that "continue with just lower bowl capacity/open top half" moment??...its at this point the 'trick is indeed likely to be missed.

Once a certain number of seats are sold in the lower bowl, the top tier will be opened - for any fixture. So there won't be any loss of ticket sales at all.

What would make you think otherwise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

 

I am unsure how this will work for segregation, also having away fans behind and above home fans is not optimal. They really messed up in not having the Atyeo given fully to away fans and finding our fans a good place in the ground to make a new home. Segregation in and out the stand, stewarding, and ticketing would have been far easier and cheaper.

Conpletely agree. However this is not the club's fault. The Atyeo group were offered the chance to move to Dolman A/B, but declined for fear of offending those already there. Yet many in Dolman A/B have now moved elsewhere anyway as demonstrated by ST sales in those blocks. A ridiculously short-term view by the Atyeo group in my opinion, which has compromised the natural setup of the ground i.e. away fans in the single detached stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just bought first first ever season ticket! Only just learned how to drive so will be travelling up from Plymouth each game, absolutely buzzing!! Not got the best seats but money dictated that, row 7 in the south stand to the right hand side of the goal. £129 not bad for an under 22 ticket, chose to pay that by direct debit as it suits my situation. Can anyone confirm what the monthly payments will be from experience? Can't wait for the season to start now, want to get some away games in too!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/07/2016 at 19:15, Chairman Mao said:

Breaking the record should be a formality

But make no mistake, not reaching 15,000 is disappointing, unless for technical reasons the cooperates does take us up to that mark.

More would be nice but as long as the fan base continues to grow that's good enough for me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, tommy_b said:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160725/ticket-alert-bristol-city-away-on-sale_2281670_5754191

"an allocation of around 2,500 seats" allocated to away fans then it seems!

Great pricing City. A 13 year old Newcastle fan coming here is the same as me (22) going to Burton. Not like travel from Newcastle is cheap either. I don't care if City fans get charged more for the same seats, away fans should pay 20 (10 for u18s and over 65s) quid and no more! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Once a certain number of seats are sold in the lower bowl, the top tier will be opened - for any fixture. So there won't be any loss of ticket sales at all.

What would make you think otherwise?

Because there has to be a cut-off,and that won't be 24 hours before kickoff...I don't imagine such a decision would be taken,at best,any later than one week prior,and likely earlier..it will be interesting to see at what point they do pull the shutters down on the top tier..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Having spoken to the police coordinator about this at a previous FAN meeting, I think it's highly unlikely that they would allow away fans in the upper West tier. 

Unless some things have been finished differntly during construction, they were not entertaining the possibility at all. 

Will happen 100%, already been discussed in other circles.   to me it sadly looks like top tier won't be open at all. Otherwise the Newcastle site would say an initial allocation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Just bought first first ever season ticket! Only just learned how to drive so will be travelling up from Plymouth each game, absolutely buzzing!! Not got the best seats but money dictated that, row 7 in the south stand to the right hand side of the goal. £129 not bad for an under 22 ticket, chose to pay that by direct debit as it suits my situation. Can anyone confirm what the monthly payments will be from experience? Can't wait for the season to start now, want to get some away games in too!!

Just want you to know your post has made my day, young man. Don't know the monthly payments but hope we have a good season and you enjoy your games. Good luck with the M5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Would tally with Andrew Billingham's comment in this interview: http://www.xtratimewest.co.uk/football/bristol-city-2016-17-andrew-billingham-relishing-clashes-championship-big-guns

"With 27,000 seats to fill, my hope is that we can attract 4-5,000 away fans, which will then help to inspire the local Bristol community."

Billingham is the Bristol Sport Chief Executive, a non Bristolian 'suit', so it's all about 'bums on seats' and money for him.

He apparently sees visits from the likes of Villa and Newcastle as 'an opportunity' to fill the stadium but doesn't seem too bothered if these extra thousands are there to support City or the visitors. 

5,000 away fans wouldn't 'inspire the local Bristol community' they would very likely drown them out, as well as inspiring their own team to greater efforts and perhaps a better result.

It's a really dreadful suggestion, the club should be doing everything possible to increase interest in City in Bristol and the surrounding areas in order to fill AG with local fans, but if they can't let's not contemplate significantly diluting our vital home advantage by giving excessive allocations for away fans.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Just bought first first ever season ticket! Only just learned how to drive so will be travelling up from Plymouth each game, absolutely buzzing!! Not got the best seats but money dictated that, row 7 in the south stand to the right hand side of the goal. £129 not bad for an under 22 ticket, chose to pay that by direct debit as it suits my situation. Can anyone confirm what the monthly payments will be from experience? Can't wait for the season to start now, want to get some away games in too!!

I'm away in the Sun at the moment but your post has put a bigger smile on my face. Well done. Hope you can attract  others to join you to reduce your costs. Don't know the DD payment I would guess if over 10 months probably around £13/month. Good luck with the driving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Great pricing City. A 13 year old Newcastle fan coming here is the same as me (22) going to Burton. Not like travel from Newcastle is cheap either. I don't care if City fans get charged more for the same seats, away fans should pay 20 (10 for u18s and over 65s) quid and no more! 

Agree 100%. Reading have a great scheme in place for the forthcoming season:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/twentys-plenty-and-matchday-ticket-prices-reduced-for-2016-17-3187293.aspx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Because there has to be a cut-off,and that won't be 24 hours before kickoff...I don't imagine such a decision would be taken,at best,any later than one week prior,and likely earlier..it will be interesting to see at what point they do pull the shutters down on the top tier..

I don't see why there has to be such an early cut off and even if there is, one week before a game the club will have a fair idea of attendance. If there is even a hint of the bottom tier selling out, the club can make the top tier available - even if it's on a block-by-block basis for (literal) pay on the day fans. For certain events at Wembley there have POTD sales done a similar way.

I just don't see a scenario where people miss out on tickets and the top tier stays shut. It's a manageable situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Will happen 100%, already been discussed in other circles.   to me it sadly looks like top tier won't be open at all. Otherwise the Newcastle site would say an initial allocation? 

Alternatively we have given them their full allocation and top tier is for home fans only. Not sure why you've jumped to the conclusion the top tier won't be open at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Ridiculous that they can't have the whole away end. Why they sold STs to fans in the atyeo god only knows.

Couldn't agree more..Atyeo away fans only,thus avoiding the loss of seats to segregation-rest of ground including the now seemingly 'white elephant' upper tier for us..would surely have made life far easier logistically for all concerned and the idea this hasn't happened because of,in my opinion minimal extra costs re;staffing is ludicrous and extra myopic.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Having spoken to the police coordinator about this at a previous FAN meeting, I think it's highly unlikely that they would allow away fans in the upper West tier. 

Unless some things have been finished differently during construction, they were not entertaining the possibility at all. 

I cannot think of one ground where the away support are seated directly above the director's "box," in the best seats in the house. It's not all that long ago, remember, that away fans were lucky to be "tolerated" at best, and often treated like "animals" (and not always without reason). I don't think the VIPs would like having gobby away fans over their shoulders. I don't think Mike Ashley would like this either, should he chose to take in the game here, nor Randy Lerner (in the unlikely event of him rocking up), or the Venkys, Tan, the current idiot at Forest, or the one at Hull, the people at Charlton last season, or any of the many currently unpopular majority owners and boards of directors around the country.

If you notice, the owners and directors of football clubs like to surround themselves with the wealthier and less volatile supporters, giving them nice glass boxes to sit in, or cushioned seats, fine food and wine and other exclusive stuff they are not going to risk losing by giving the owners a piece of their mind. And they don't tend to house the unpleasant, noisy, aggressive ripped off away support anywhere near them either. Certainly not directly above them.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Couldn't agree more..Atyeo away fans only,thus avoiding the loss of seats to segregation-rest of ground including the now seemingly 'white elephant' upper tier for us..would surely have made life far easier logistically for all concerned and the idea this hasn't happened because of,in my opinion minimal extra costs re;staffing is ludicrous and extra myopic.....

How the top tier is a white elephant I dont know. Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. As a club we have premiership aspirations, if we get there we will have a ground capable of holding enough people to help us stay there and its not like these things van be designed and built in a summer. Can you imagine the uproar on here if we hadnt built it and the capacity of the stadium was reduced.

With all the costs of opening the top tier the club have to be sure its worth it, the top tier will open if required and from conversations I have heard it will only be to home fans as the logistics of putting away fans up top are difficult to say the least - the stand is not designed for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Conpletely agree. However this is not the club's fault. The Atyeo group were offered the chance to move to Dolman A/B, but declined for fear of offending those already there. Yet many in Dolman A/B have now moved elsewhere anyway as demonstrated by ST sales in those blocks. A ridiculously short-term view by the Atyeo group in my opinion, which has compromised the natural setup of the ground i.e. away fans in the single detached stand.

That is uneven, and unfair. Supporters in the Doman stand did not want 1000 fans moving into blocks A-B.

If any natural (?) set up of the ground was compromised it was done during the initial design. Questions were asked about the how's and where's of moving fans from the Eastend during 2013, then 2014, and of course later.

Fans in the Eastend were once going to be given priority to move in to a new Eastend South stand ... What is evolved/left will now be housed in the Atyeo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WTMS said:

That is uneven, and unfair. Supporters in the Doman stand did not want 1000 fans moving into blocks A-B.

If any natural (?) set up of the ground was compromised it was done during the initial design. Questions were asked about the how's and where's of moving fans from the Eastend during 2013, then 2014, and of course later.

Fans in the Eastend were once going to be given priority to move in to a new Eastend South stand ... What is evolved/left will now be housed in the Atyeo.

The same supporters who have now in many cases decamped to the West Stand and elsewhere anyway?

Yes, there is a natural and obvious solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...