IGNORED

2697 Season Ticket left for City fans

Bat Fastard

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The same supporters who have now in many cases decamped to the West Stand and elsewhere anyway?

Yes, there is a natural and obvious solution.

Contact the relevant fans (Dolman) reps on the Fans Advisory Network for their view.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The same supporters who have now in many cases decamped to the West Stand and elsewhere anyway?

Yes, there is a natural and obvious solution.

To me the obvious solution was simple - the posh seats were moving so move the family section to infront of the Heineken lounge. This would leave a big gap in the east ends traditional location so move the east enders to the EE.

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I thought the Dolman was thrown out as an option because standing couldn't be 'tolerated' there due to the steeper rake of the stand?

Due to shifting tectonic plates in BS3, the rake of the Dolman moved by a couple of % meaning the stand was suddenly safe. Despite this divine intervention fans who have been in the Dolman stand for a significant period did not want to move / want the more vociferous around them. A not unreasonable view.

11 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Due to shifting tectonic plates in BS3, the rake of the Dolman moved by a couple of % meaning the stand was suddenly safe. Despite this divine intervention fans who have been in the Dolman stand for a significant period did not want to move / want the more vociferous around them. A not unreasonable view.

They probably didn't appreciate getting called SYNTs all season :P

I'm in the Atyeo and although I have enjoyed it in there we really should of had a better compromise/solution where we should have been moved to this season, I know a lot of people say to give away supporters the minimum we need to and to a certain extent I agree but to turn away extra revenue seems a bit daft to me. 

• Admin
23 minutes ago, gordie said:

I'm in the Atyeo and although I have enjoyed it in there we really should of had a better compromise/solution where we should have been moved to this season, I know a lot of people say to give away supporters the minimum we need to and to a certain extent I agree but to turn away extra revenue seems a bit daft to me. 

For me the odd part is now, the most vocal section is going to probably be drowned out most weeks now by the away supporters along side them

No idea why the club didn't think of liaising with these supporters and getting them back in what was the East End, like they were initially promised

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

This is ridiculous though isn't it? The club pandering to fans that have sat in the Dolman for a significant period of time. In that significant period of time the ground has changed beyond all recognition. The views have changes, the stands have changed, even the pitch has changed. We basically have a new stadium so shouldn't we start again and put fans in the position which is best for all concerned and not just a few fans who may me put out because they've sat in the same seat for years!

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Big C said:

This is ridiculous though isn't it? The club pandering to fans that have sat in the Dolman for a significant period of time. In that significant period of time the ground has changed beyond all recognition. The views have changes, the stands have changed, even the pitch has changed. We basically have a new stadium so shouldn't we start again and put fans in the position which is best for all concerned and not just a few fans who may me put out because they've sat in the same seat for years!

I'm REALLY hoping that this is a wind up ! 

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm REALLY hoping that this is a wind up ! 

Nope, its not a wind up. Why would it be? We've got a brand new stadium, lets sort it out now. Ok you may upset several hundred people but they will get over it. I bet a lot more wouldn't really care. Why are we trying to please everyone? It cant be done so we should just bite the bullet.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Exactly.  We effectively now have a new stadium and now was the time to establish the best layout of the ground in the long term interest.  Instead we have pandered to a small majority of fans who didn't want to move a few blocks down - would it really kill them? As a result, we have compromised the stadium design intent.  With three connected stands and one seperate one, the solution was obvious.  Instead home fans will be spread across a wider area, rather than more densely packed into three stands, and for cup matches the Atyeo fans will have to disperse around the rest of the ground, thus completely destroying the "singing" section.

And as someone pointed out recently, there have been limited season ticket sales in Dolman A & B anyway - so many of those apparently so offended by the notion of being asked to move a few blocks down have moved elsewhere anyway.  It should also be noted that standing could be permitted in the lower Dolman without blocking the view of those above.

Absolutely farcical.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Exactly.  We effectively now have a new stadium and now was the time to establish the best layout of the ground in the long term interest.  Instead we have pandered to a small majority of fans who didn't want to move a few blocks down - would it really kill them? As a result, we have compromised the stadium design intent.  With three connected stands and one seperate one, the solution was obvious.  Instead home fans will be spread across a wider area, rather than more densely packed into three stands, and for cup matches the Atyeo fans will have to disperse around the rest of the ground, thus completely destroying the "singing" section.

And as someone pointed out recently, there have been limited season ticket sales in Dolman A & B anyway - so many of those apparently so offended by the notion of being asked to move a few blocks down have moved elsewhere anyway.  It should also be noted that standing could be permitted in the lower Dolman without blocking the view of those above.

Absolutely farcical.

Why should the fans be expected to move though?

The club created this problem by backtracking on their promises that those who moved out of the old East End, would be the first priority to going back in there.

The Dolman top tier has been there for donkey's years and no doubt many have been there for many seasons

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Why should the fans be expected to move though?

The club created this problem by backtracking on their promises that those who moved out of the old East End, would be the first priority to going back in there.

The Dolman top tier has been there for donkey's years and no doubt many have been there for many seasons

For the greater good and the long term interest.  We have a new stadium with vastly improved facilities - which these same fans will benefit from - and everything is changing.  Now is the time to establish the best layout once and for all.

You're asking them to move to an identical seat a few blocks further along, with an equally good view of the pitch - not knocking down their family home.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

For the greater good and the long term interest.  We have a new stadium with vastly improved facilities - which these same fans will benefit from - and everything is changing.  Now is the time to establish the best layout once and for all.

You're asking them to move to an identical seat a few blocks further along, with an equally good view of the pitch - not knocking down their family home.

I suppose the other bonus for the club would be that they'd make a loan more money.

Those moving from blocks A and B would pay the premium for moving to the central blocks and with those in the Atyeo having to pay 'Dolman rates' they'd have probably done quite nicely out of it.

Maybe they'll change things again next year, but that would then leave the problem of the Atyeo bar being unavailable.

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolutely farcical.

I've had a ST in Block B of the Dolman for 17 seasons. Not once has anyone from the club, SC&T or any other body connected to Bristol City FC or Bristol Sport, contacted me regarding my willingness to move for or accept the singing section to be incorporated into that area.

Basically, you're chatting shit.

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I've had a ST in Block B of the Dolman for 17 seasons. Not once has anyone from the club, SC&T or any other body connected to Bristol City FC or Bristol Sport, contacted me regarding my willingness to move for or accept the singing section to be incorporated into that area.

Fans were not canvassed but views on A-B were passed onto to Bristol Sport via the Fans Advisory Network. A survey was sent to fans (not all) identifying purchasing intent. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

For me the odd part is now, the most vocal section is going to probably be drowned out most weeks now by the away supporters along side them

No idea why the club didn't think of liaising with these supporters and getting them back in what was the East End, like they were initially promised

This was mentioned and discussed last season, at the time I got the impression that the singers wanted to be in the corner of the Atyeo.

If safe standing is ever introduced in the SS moving the singers there would be the time to do it, unfortunately I beleive the number of fans who now sit in the SS and wish to remain seated outweigh those who would stand if asked.

There is also the issue of the family section and the Heineken lounge seating.

As said elsewhere the club backtracked on the promise to return the EE to its original users pre development, and have now backed themselves into a corner.

Last season away supporters although limited in numbers made themselves heard many times from my seat in the SS, this will only increase with the increased numbers, and reduced City fans in the Atyeo.

Fans go to football to support there team and enjoy there day win or lose. People can choose which way to support there team I.e sing, cheer, clap, moan or instruments. 

Why does it matter so much where we sit and why do fans thing they have so much of a right just because they feel they have the club at there heart.

people are over complicating going to a football match. Moaning about they weren't consulated etc is bull. Just buy a ticket anywhere in ground and support the team.. It really is that simple . This thread turning into boring political point scoring between different sets of city fans. We all should be buzzing to get down our new gate this season , who cares which stand or where we sit .

24 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

This was mentioned and discussed last season, at the time I got the impression that the singers wanted to be in the corner of the Atyeo.

If safe standing is ever introduced in the SS moving the singers there would be the time to do it, unfortunately I beleive the number of fans who now sit in the SS and wish to remain seated outweigh those who would stand if asked.

There is also the issue of the family section and the Heineken lounge seating.

As said elsewhere the club backtracked on the promise to return the EE to its original users pre development, and have now backed themselves into a corner.

Last season away supporters although limited in numbers made themselves heard many times from my seat in the SS, this will only increase with the increased numbers, and reduced City fans in the Atyeo.

Thats how I remember it, you can't hear the home fans atyeo from the SS at the best of times

38 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Fans go to football to support there team and enjoy there day win or lose. People can choose which way to support there team I.e sing, cheer, clap, moan or instruments. 

Why does it matter so much where we sit and why do fans thing they have so much of a right just because they feel they have the club at there heart.

people are over complicating going to a football match. Moaning about they weren't consulated etc is bull. Just buy a ticket anywhere in ground and support the team.. It really is that simple . This thread turning into boring political point scoring between different sets of city fans. We all should be buzzing to get down our new gate this season , who cares which stand or where we sit .

Because it isn't that simple. You have all kinds of factors from standing/sitting, family atmosphere/swearing, even the number of steps to your seat for perhaps our more elderly fans who may not fancy trekking up a flight of stairs every game. Some prefer to watch from behind the goal and some the side and then you have everyones individual budgets. Because of the huge number of variables, allowing like minded fans to be near each other stops disagreements or resentment in the stadium between fans who are at odds with each others behaviour. Not necessarily because their behaviour is wrong but incompatible with each other. 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Because it isn't that simple. You have all kinds of factors from standing/sitting, family atmosphere/swearing, even the number of steps to your seat for perhaps our more elderly fans who may not fancy trekking up a flight of stairs every game. Some prefer to watch from behind the goal and some the side and then you have everyones individual budgets. Because of the huge number of variables, allowing like minded fans to be near each other stops disagreements or resentment in the stadium between fans who are at odds with each others behaviour. Not necessarily because their behaviour is wrong but incompatible with each other. 

Sound like your just describing the Atyeo with the amount of disagreements in there last season. Maybe getting like minded fans together isn't such a good idea - just get rid of the knobs that want to fight.

:robbored: ish

28 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Sound like your just describing the Atyeo with the amount of disagreements in there last season. Maybe getting like minded fans together isn't such a good idea - just get rid of the knobs that want to fight.

:robbored: ish

I'm in the Atyeo and there are a lot of things I loathe about it, but standing for me is a necessity 

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

The "shit" I am apparently chatting was based on a categoric statement further up the thread by WTMS, specifically:-

"Supporters in the Doman stand did not want 1000 fans moving into blocks A-B"

If that is what I have been told by someone closer to the discussions than I am, do you think it's fair to accuse me of "chatting shit" - or do you think your anger should instead be directed towards those who have misrepresented you?

Incidentally it's also why I used the word "apparently" - because I suspect this decision didn't reflect the view of all Dolmanites.

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Get your point  but don't agree with it. I've had a season ticket since 1989 and really would sit anywhere to watch the game.  As long as all fans respect each other it shouldn't really be a problem who sits where. 

Part of the fun is seeing who the new people are around you where you sit! Meet some good people over the years I would never have met if it wasn't for watching city on a saturday

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Get your point  but don't agree with it. I've had a season ticket since 1989 and really would sit anywhere to watch the game.  As long as all fans respect each other it shouldn't really be a problem who sits where. 

Part of the fun is seeing who the new people are around you where you sit! Meet some good people over the years I would never have met if it wasn't for watching city on a saturday

But you'd meet new people anyway...

34 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Unless you want to stand which for some is a big thing myself included, 

5 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Its Spoons. He has been told all of this before. It was like the tide going in and out. Answer, ignore, answer ...

I haven't been told anything by anyone it's an opinion that i hold and I will give. 

I think everyone is getting to needy about where they want to sit because of there own personal needs. Yours is u want to stand . 

Just buy a ticket and get behind the team in any stand in any seat. Simple really! 

Archived