IGNORED

2697 Season Ticket left for City fans

Bat Fastard

8 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

I sit Spoons. You read that, but don't let detail, facts and words stop you. It has not before.

Well I won't get any detail, facts or words from you to make me stop so until I do I will carry on thanks. 

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The "shit" I am apparently chatting was based on a categoric statement further up the thread by WTMS, specifically:-

"Supporters in the Doman stand did not want 1000 fans moving into blocks A-B"

If that is what I have been told by someone closer to the discussions than I am, do you think it's fair to accuse me of "chatting shit" - or do you think your anger should instead be directed towards those who have misrepresented you?

Incidentally it's also why I used the word "apparently" - because I suspect this decision didn't reflect the view of all Dolmanites.

Still want to know what you think of this @glynriley

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 13:23, Robert the bruce said:

Couldn't agree more..Atyeo away fans only,thus avoiding the loss of seats to segregation-rest of ground including the now seemingly 'white elephant' upper tier for us..would surely have made life far easier logistically for all concerned and the idea this hasn't happened because of,in my opinion minimal extra costs re;staffing is ludicrous and extra myopic.....

Calling the upper teir a white elephant is not only short sighted but ignores the fact that the stadium is no longer used exclusively by the football club.

19 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Cant se that SL and Bristol Sport would sanction a small minority of fans losing the club income. Section 82 should be putting this to bed with their case for staying in the stand. if it is the case as billy wedlock points out that would be bonkers and should be sorted out as a priority next season.

In fairness the club do envisage that it will cost them over the course of the season, but did this to try a keep all sections of our support as happy as possible. 

I think that intention deserves credit in this day of money led football business. 

Perhaps a more ruthless approach would make financial sense but can you imagine some of the reaction if they'd gone down that route..?!! 

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

so the club are losing money for a minority of fans to be in the atyeo. how much?

Probably next to nothing.

2,700 tickets is not a small allocation for away fans and will be more than enough to satisfy the demands of the vast majority.

In the majority of games further tickets will be released to City fans due to the away allocation not selling out, income we would miss out on if the whole end was designated for the visitors.

There would have to be netting and stewards at either end of the Atyeo if it all went to away fans so no advantage there either.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness the club do envisage that it will cost them over the course of the season, but did this to try a keep all sections of our support as happy as possible. 

I think that intention deserves credit in this day of money led football business. 

Perhaps a more ruthless approach would make financial sense but can you imagine some of the reaction if they'd gone down that route..?!! 

3 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

so the club are losing money for a minority of fans to be in the atyeo. how much?

Unless any shortfall was already included say in their season ticket prices for the Atyeo?

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Probably next to nothing.

2,700 tickets is not a small allocation for away fans and will be more than enough to satisfy the demands of the vast majority.

In the majority of games further tickets will be released to City fans due to the away allocation not selling out, income we would miss out on if the whole end was designated for the visitors.

There would have to be netting and stewards at either end of the Atyeo if it all went to away fans so no advantage there either.

Which games to do you have in mind where the away end won't sell out and the 24,000 tickets already available to home fans won't be sufficient?

I admire your optimism.

48 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Which games to do you have in mind where the away end won't sell out and the 24,000 tickets already available to home fans won't be sufficient?

I admire your optimism.

I said that imo. the majority of away allocations will not sell out, so there is the obvious potential, as has happened in the past with far lower away allocations at AG in the Championship, that tickets could be released to City fans if there is demand.

Which I don't expect there to be except in the unlikely situation of City being near the top of the table towards the end of the season. In which case having the capability to fit in an extra 1,000 or so home fans in the Atyeo would prove very useful indeed.

Far from being optimistic, as you put it, my own view is likely demand for both away and home tickets is being severely overestimated by many.

I expect a season's average of a maximum of 18.5 - 19k., a figure that should anyway delight the club because it would be City's best home average for about 37 years.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I said that imo. the majority of away allocations will not sell out, so there is the obvious potential, as has happened in the past with far lower away allocations at AG in the Championship, that tickets could be released to City fans if there is demand.

Which I don't expect there to be except in the unlikely situation of City being near the top of the table towards the end of the season. In which case having the capability to fit in an extra 1,000 or so home fans in the Atyeo would prove very useful indeed.

Far from being optimistic, as you put it, my own view is likely demand for both away and home tickets is being severely overestimated by many.

I expect a season's average of a maximum of 18.5 - 19k., a figure that should anyway delight the club because it would be City's best home average for about 37 years.

Fair enough, although on the balance of probability I think we will lose more income from potential away ticket sales lost, than we will gain from additional home tickets sold in the Atyeo.

I suspect your average attendance prediction is about right too.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Alright, this is a month old but the last sales update the club issued was some time back.

Villa are celebrating, we seemed to be disappointed, it looks comparable.

Villa Season Ticket Sales

What must it be like to have a positive & supportive local press..?!

No doubt whatsoever that if that was us the The Post would be focusing on the percentage drop in ST sales and how only Xxxxx number of supporters were sticking by our club in turmoil. 

12 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Cant se that SL and Bristol Sport would sanction a small minority of fans losing the club income. Section 82 should be putting this to bed with their case for staying in the stand. if it is the case as billy wedlock points out that would be bonkers and should be sorted out as a priority next season.

As a ST holder in the Atyeo,I am very grateful to the club for allowing me to support my team in a way I enjoy.Over many years I have put many thousands of pounds into the club and I like to think that maybe the club realises that perhaps supporter's like myself are maybe worth more consideration than a bloke from the Midlands who may visit Ashton Gate once in his lifetime.

Would just like to add that were the club to contact me and ask me to move to another stand for the odd game as we could fill the Atyeo with away fans ,I would be quite prepared to move for the good of the club.I believe there is room for compromise on both sides.

what happens when/if we get promoted to the Prem?  Atyeo could sale out most weeks because of larger amount of away fans....but now can't because of a small amount of Home fans (please can the term Section 82 be binned, it's stupid)

Should have bit the bullet and moved them now at the ideal time with so many people moving around the stadium there has never been a better time, dealt with the backlash give it a few months everyone would have moved on, instead give it a couple of years we could have this problem all over again with a fans group unable to find a suitable location without upsetting establised seat holder.

The suggestions of having a corner of the South Stand would never have worked due to the Corporate Areas in those corners, they have more importance to the club than a group of fans due to the income they bring in and they won't want Prawn Sandwich mob, sat among people calling everyone elses C.uts.

Should gone behind the goal in South stand, instead in a few years time I fear this group will jsut dissolve into different areas of stadium.

7 minutes ago, Bowie said:

what happens when/if we get promoted to the Prem?  Atyeo could sale out most weeks because of larger amount of away fans....but now can't because of a small amount of Home fans (please can the term Section 82 be binned, it's stupid)

Should have bit the bullet and moved them now at the ideal time with so many people moving around the stadium there has never been a better time, dealt with the backlash give it a few months everyone would have moved on, instead give it a couple of years we could have this problem all over again with a fans group unable to find a suitable location without upsetting establised seat holder.

The suggestions of having a corner of the South Stand would never have worked due to the Corporate Areas in those corners, they have more importance to the club than a group of fans due to the income they bring in and they won't want Prawn Sandwich mob, sat among people calling everyone elses C.uts.

Should gone behind the goal in South stand, instead in a few years time I fear this group will jsut dissolve into different areas of stadium.

Think the one point I agree with is that Atyeo fans should have been moved to the south stand. However, some would argue that the most vocal section of support is very important in lifting the team when they need it and therefore are just as important as those willing to pay more to come to the game.

16 minutes ago, Bowie said:

If we got promoted, we'd probably give visiting teams fewer tickets than they get now.

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Got to be at least 10 percent of the overall capacity i think mate 

That's not the case, that would mean clubs like Arsenal and Man. Utd. giving 6- 7,000+ for league matches.

They give nothing like that.

The rule is ( or was) 5%, up to a maximum of 3,000.

For example Man. Utd's 5% would be approx. 3,800 but they only need to offer a max. of 3,000.

For City then the very maximum we'd need to offer would be 3,000, but if we could fill more with City fans we could legitimately keep to the minimum offering of 5%, or about 1,350.

If City went up then away followings of 5k ( i.e. Fulham, MKDons) would be a thing of the past except for big F.A. Cup matches where 15% has to be offered.

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's not the case, that would mean clubs like Arsenal and Man. Utd. giving 6- 7,000+ for league matches.

They give nothing like that.

The rule is ( or was) 5%, up to a maximum of 3,000.

For example Man. Utd's 5% would be approx. 3,800 but they only need to offer a max. of 3,000.

For City then the very maximum we'd need to offer would be 3,000, but if we could fill more with City fans we could legitimately keep to the minimum offering of 5%, or about 1,350.

If City went up then away followings of 5k ( i.e. Fulham, MKDons) would be a thing of the past except for big F.A. Cup matches where 15% has to be offered.

I couldnt find any information that suggests that it is 5%. As far as i was aware a prem club just like a football league club can offer whatever they want but it has to he at least 3000.

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Got to be at least 10 percent of the overall capacity i think mate 

My understanding is 10% up to 3000

am I right to think the attempt can take 4300 in total?

300 for segregation-ish leaving 1000 city fans?  Is that one and a half blocks?  

And for the record sat next to the Heineken sign in south stand  last season you could barely hear them last season, unsure how much of an effect they have over others. 

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I couldnt find any information that suggests that it is 5%. As far as i was aware a prem club just like a football league club can offer whatever they want but it has to he at least 3000.

It won't be at least 3000 because of clubs with small grounds - think Bournemouth for example. That would be more than 25% in their case!

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It won't be at least 3000 because of clubs with small grounds - think Bournemouth for example. That would be more than 25% in their case!

perhaps its 3000 maximum unless the ground isn't big enough then its 10%, anyway I always thought the 10% rule was more for cup games

Archived