IGNORED

2697 Season Ticket left for City fans

Bat Fastard

**** me I thought this was debated to death months ago. The fact is very few away teams will bring 2700 to AG next season and of the 1000 City fans in the Atyeo how many would have taken Season cards elsewhere in the ground ? If we ever get to the promised land the ground would be packed with plastic Man U and Arsenal fans every other week so no concerns about getting a full house without giving the away team a massive advantage of 4000 noisy fans behind them.

49 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

**** me I thought this was debated to death months ago. The fact is very few away teams will bring 2700 to AG next season and of the 1000 City fans in the Atyeo how many would have taken Season cards elsewhere in the ground ? If we ever get to the promised land the ground would be packed with plastic Man U and Arsenal fans every other week so no concerns about getting a full house without giving the away team a massive advantage of 4000 noisy fans behind them.

Bit of a contradiction there

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Bit of a contradiction there

Haha I meant plastics in the home seats mate :P .

AG is very quiet lots of the time but when our fans go away in numbers the racket is phenomenal so if were up against it versus a well supported team in the Prem we would be drowned out if they had 4000 behind the goal which is why i'm all for restricting them.

11 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Haha I meant plastics in the home seats mate :P .

AG is very quiet lots of the time but when our fans go away in numbers the racket is phenomenal so if were up against it versus a well supported team in the Prem we would be drowned out if they had 4000 behind the goal which is why i'm all for restricting them.

Personally I would rather a large away following challenge our own support to be louder and improve the overall noise in the stadium, rather than be scared of 4,000 and accept a library atmosphere.

But I do understand the arguments for and against.

Interesting article on the main site.  We won't know the opening day capacity until the SAG revie won the 3rd.

"we have now reached capacity for our current safety certificate. "

"  If the SAG is satisfied with the handover of the West Stand, on Wednesday, we will be able to release further tickets for the opening game of the season under general sale  "

Wonder if that means the safety certificate from last year so 16k, or with the partially open new stand.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Interesting article on the main site.  We won't know the opening day capacity until the SAG revie won the 3rd.

"we have now reached capacity for our current safety certificate. "

"  If the SAG is satisfied with the handover of the West Stand, on Wednesday, we will be able to release further tickets for the opening game of the season under general sale  "

Wonder if that means the safety certificate from last year so 16k, or with the partially open new stand.

Couldn't it potentially be 21000, our old capacity, we would have had a safety certificate for that, providing the staff is there and lower west stand is fine.

21 minutes ago, City169 said:

Couldn't it potentially be 21000, our old capacity, we would have had a safety certificate for that, providing the staff is there and lower west stand is fine.

I can't imagine that's valid any more, what with it being effectively a new venue.

If there was the prospect of the new stand not being open at all, I think we would know about it by now. That would have meant severely restricted match ticket sales to ensure STH in the West Stand could be accomodated elsewhere.

I suspect a certain capacity has already been sanctioned in the West Stand, and this means there is the prospect for further capacity to be approved.

looking at the plan the whole of the West stand is sold out, all but a handful of seats in the South Stand (a few in the bottom tier and 3 in S19 near the Heinken Longe) , Dolman still has a couple left - in total, there appear to be at best less than 200 seats left in the whole stadium.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I can't imagine that's valid any more, what with it being effectively a new venue.

If there was the prospect of the new stand not being open at all, I think we would know about it by now. That would have meant severely restricted match ticket sales to ensure STH in the West Stand could be accomodated elsewhere.

I suspect a certain capacity has already been sanctioned in the West Stand, and this means there is the prospect for further capacity to be approved.

Then I'd imagine that we could potentially have a certificate of most of the lower bowls capacity, given it needs a game or 2 to show it can cope at full capacity

11 minutes ago, Fiale said:

looking at the plan the whole of the West stand is sold out, all but a handful of seats in the South Stand (a few in the bottom tier and 3 in S19 near the Heinken Longe) , Dolman still has a couple left - in total, there appear to be at best less than 200 seats left in the whole stadium.

Unavailable seats don't necessarily mean sold out though. They might not be on sale.

On 26 July 2016 at 09:42, ollywhyte said:

Just bought first first ever season ticket! Only just learned how to drive so will be travelling up from Plymouth each game, absolutely buzzing!! Not got the best seats but money dictated that, row 7 in the south stand to the right hand side of the goal. £129 not bad for an under 22 ticket, chose to pay that by direct debit as it suits my situation. Can anyone confirm what the monthly payments will be from experience? Can't wait for the season to start now, want to get some away games in too!!

Excellent. I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised by row 7 south stand. I was in row 8 last season and loved it; great spot to see Tomlin's skills. 

On 29 July 2016 at 14:21, Loon plage said:

I bet we see the following sell out:

villa, sheff weds, leeds, derby, newcastle, cardiff, fulham, forest, birmingham, wolves, reading. Thats around half of the home games sold out for away teams depending on if they are saturdays or midweek ofcourse. 

I think the club have got it wrong because of those above, i reckon 7 or 8 would bring 3500-4000 if we allowed it. 

Shouldve made provisions to get the Atyeo people somewhere else to allow the extra away support. Away fans making noise mightve even woken some of our librarians!!

If you go on the ticket page on the OS there are less than 1.5k tickets left available; all other areas of the ground are either sold out of upper tier West (not open for this match).

Should you then subtract the aforementione 5k (?) of the upper West that leaves 6.5k. From what posters are saying on this thread the 27k - 6.5k will not result in 20.5k attendance on Saturday but closer to 17k. Where have the 3.5k gone? Perhaps 500 for segregation in the Atyeo? that still leaves 3k missing??

I am going to guess we will have over 20k inside the stadium on Saturday which is what I suggested some weeks ago.. of course I may be utterly wrong.

14 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

If you go on the ticket page on the OS there are less than 1.5k tickets left available; all other areas of the ground are either sold out of upper tier West (not open for this match).

Should you then subtract the aforementione 5k (?) of the upper West that leaves 6.5k. From what posters are saying on this thread the 27k - 6.5k will not result in 20.5k attendance on Saturday but closer to 17k. Where have the 3.5k gone? Perhaps 500 for segregation in the Atyeo? that still leaves 3k missing??

I am going to guess we will have over 20k inside the stadium on Saturday which is what I suggested some weeks ago.. of course I may be utterly wrong.

27000 seat stadium, no upper tier (6k?), so 21000. We currently have 17000 sold, including 1000 Wigan, they've asked for a few hundred more, so if they sell that's about 1200 away fans, leaving 1500 empty seats in the Atyeo. Upper tier is I think 6k, some missing in the dolman for the media equipment, let's say 100.  When I checked yesterday there was 880ish tickets left.

21000-17200 sold (plus likely to sell extra request from Wigan.) is 3800. 

3800- 1500 unallocated (for now) Atyeo seats is 2300.

2300- 100 for media is 2200.

2200- 880ish (when I checked) is 1320. So still a gap, but much less to find.

OR if I made a mistake when I checked and your count of 1500 is right (entirely possible) only 700 seats to find.

Archived